Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2003, 03:56 PM
Passenger

Default Any non single suppliment?

Anyone know of any good single rate rooms on any 7 day cruises leaving Florida in mid Dec. 03? I have traveled before on a single occupany rate of 100-125%. Would like the same in Dec.
Thank you in advance for your responses.
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2003, 12:34 AM
RichT

Default Re: Any non single suppliment?

Yourowncabin.com has a subscription newsletter ($20 for 6 mos.)

Other folks have said it is pretty good and if it saves you a hundred or two, then it's obviously worth it.

I just keep trying the online pricing for one passenger on the ships and dates that appeal to me. Eventually, you will find a deal that you like.

Richard
8/31 Conquest
Old August 27th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

You might try calling the cruise lines and asking about any specials. When I spoke with Carnival about their single supplements, they said they ran specials on certain dates. A good time to try for would be the week before Christmas, when ships aren't full as people have booked for the holidays or are busy at home preparing for the holidays.

Good luck!
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Old September 20th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Debscruise

There are many companies who book organized cruises for singles. They offer free roommate matching services or they have contracts with the cruise lines that allow better rates for single occupancy.
Old October 6th, 2003, 09:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Golden Princess
Old October 14th, 2003, 09:42 AM
Solotraveler

I've used Yourowncabin.com and did not pay a single supplement & the port charges were included. They will send an email listing every Monday, for upcoming cruises. I've seen prices as low as $599 for a 7 night cruise leaving from Florida. I haven't found a service that can beat their prices. The service is also great from the travel agent.
Old November 18th, 2003, 09:16 PM
rocketcitylady

Default Re: Re: Any non single suppliment?

Thanks, Solotraveler. I was just about to post a question about YourOwnCabin.com when I noticed your message. I've been getting weekly sample copies of thier newsletter. I will be retired in a couple of months and able to travel on short notice, so I am very interested in this. Just wanted to know if anyone had used the company. Now I will go ahead and subscribe to their newsletter. I cruise solo a couple of times a year; have to pay a single supplement, but I enjoy having my own cabin.

Folks, I love this web site (Cruisemates.com)
Old November 20th, 2003, 04:02 AM
Daryl

I called three travel agents about the same thing. One of them was able to secure my own room (howbeit inside) on Carnival's Paradise sailing January 4 (7 days) for under $500 COMPLETE. Although all three stated that they doubted I could travel for less than $1000, deals are out there all the time. It is much easier to let the agents do the work than suffer all the time spent internet surfing.
Old November 26th, 2003, 07:48 PM
no roommate

Default Re: Re: Any non single suppliment?

Hi Debscruise,
Hi,
Do you know the name of any of those companies????? I am looking for a roommate, for a march cruise and would like to
plan early if I have one or not.
Please let me know if you have their names.
Thanks in advance for your help>

Dave