Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 27th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Refund question

Unfortunately it looks as though my cruise partner has backed out (Carnival Imagination 11/15). I have a two part question:
Since she has backed out this late, by rules we are only entitled to 1/2 of the fare. If she were to get that refund, am I then responsible for increased price to a single since I would be in the cabin alone? If the price of the upgrade is more than the refund, can I just not have her show up and not pay any penalty, and have a single cabin?

OK theres more questions (my first cruise...be gentle). How hard is it to transfer the ticket from one person to another on Carnival cruise lines?

I am trying to decide on whether or not I should go solo or seek a limited refund, or try to find someone to join me. That would most likely end up being someone I have never met. Could be interesting and could be awkward. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old October 28th, 2003, 11:29 AM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: Refund question

You are asking many questions about a potentially confusing situation. Did you book the cruise through a travel agent? If so, she/he will be the one to make the inquiries in order to answer all your questions and take care of any fare adjustments. If you booked direct, you should call the cruise line and seek your answers.

Good luck!
Pat Hagan,
Singles Editor