Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Beginner

Default Adult Daughter

So I'm single, early 30s, and I'll be on my first ever cruise this March. I will be traveling with my also single Mom. We get along fine on land. Anybody else done this and have tips or experiences to share on activities and meeting other singles my age (not her age)? We have not booked yet, but likely options are Carnival, Princess and Holland America to the Carribean.

Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: Adult Daughter

My very first cruise (many years ago) was with my widowed mother. We had no problems. She found many people her age (60s) by going to the game rooms and signing up for cards, etc., plus craft classes,. She also found that by going for a before-dinner drink in one of the lounges there was usually a nice gentleman (or two) for dancing. She had a great time. As for me, I recall I went to the get-acquainted party for singles and hooked up with two girls my age to hang out with, plus several guys to dance with.

When you select your ship, I suggest you post here and ask for experiences other singles have had on the same one.

Good luck!
Pat Hagan, Cruisemates Singles Editor