Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Sunryz

Default April 11th -Inspiration w/Singlescruise.com

Hi Everyone,
Anyone booked on the Inspiration Apr11th?
Or has anyone booked a cruise with Singlescruise.com before..

There are 2 of us in our 30s getting ready to book right now...
It sounds like a fun time..
Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on what types of activities that they plan for the group...
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2004, 02:26 PM
Passenger

Default Re: April 11th -Inspiration w/Singlescruise.com

Hi Sunryz,
I may possibly be on your Inspiration cruise but leaning more toward goiing on the one sailing before it through singlecruises.com, the Glory out of Port Canavarel on March 20th.
The main reason being both cruises are the same price but the Glory is a newer and bigger ship than the Inspiration, and I have never been to St. Thomas or St. Marteen.
I went on the Carnival Celebration this past Aug. to Cozumel. I had a very good time, but it was mostly couples and families, so that's why I plan on booking through singlecruises.com also, for the planned activities. It sounds like they try to get everyone involved in things and do what they can to help you meet new people.
If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail me,,,,and who knows, maybe I'll see you on the Inspiration.................Todd
Old January 17th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Ferret

I'm a definite on the April 11th cruise through this agency and I have booked with singlescruise.com before, so I can hopefully help.

I went on the New Year's one a few weeks ago and it was really awesome. Having cruised before on Royal Caribbean, I knew cruising was focused towards couples, so I liked the way this was set up to help you meet new people. They have a couple of cocktail parties on the first two nights, and they do little dating games and speed-dating type stuff so you can get to know people. The thing that I really liked was that you were able to switch tables during dinner. During my cruise last March on RC (yeah, I do this a lot), my best friend and I (both 20s) sat across an elderly couple and were "stuck" with them the whole week. There are also special excursions just for the singles group, so you can get to know people that way. Of course, there is the yahoogroup they set up so you can exchange pictures and chat before the actual trip. A lot of people come in a night early and meet up. They also have two people from the agency there on the ship organizing everything.

I love traveling alone, so this was perfect for me. I had a room to myself and when I wanted to be with people, I was with people. When I wanted to be alone, I was!

Emily
Old January 17th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Ferret

I'm a definite on the April 11th cruise through this agency and I have booked with singlescruise.com before, so I can hopefully help.

I went on the New Year's one a few weeks ago and it was really awesome. Having cruised before on Royal Caribbean, I knew cruising was focused towards couples, so I liked the way this was set up to help you meet new people. They have a couple of cocktail parties on the first two nights, and they do little dating games and speed-dating type stuff so you can get to know people. The thing that I really liked was that you were able to switch tables during dinner. During my cruise last March on RC (yeah, I do this a lot), my best friend and I (both 20s) sat across an elderly couple and were "stuck" with them the whole week. There are also special excursions just for the singles group, so you can get to know people that way. Of course, there is the yahoogroup they set up so you can exchange pictures and chat before the actual trip. A lot of people come in a night early and meet up. They also have two people from the agency there on the ship organizing everything.

I love traveling alone, so this was perfect for me. I had a room to myself and when I wanted to be with people, I was with people. When I wanted to be alone, I was!

Emily
Old January 18th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Passenger

Hi Emily,,,
Sounds like SInglescruises.com is the place to book. From you experience on your cruise, were most of the singles older, meaning my age nearing 40, or younger like you in your 20's? Or was it a pretty even mix?
Thanks
Old January 20th, 2004, 12:42 AM
Ferret

There was an even mix of all ages and genders.

But I went on a 5-day New Years cruise to Carribean. I understand the longer and more exotic (like European) have an older crowd.
Old January 22nd, 2004, 03:39 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to sunryz710 Send a message via Yahoo to sunryz710

Hi Todd and Emily..
Where are you both from by the way..I'm in CT and my friend I'm traveling with is in MD near DC.

Thanks for responding..

Todd..I have already been to St. Thomas and St. Martin...actually it was on the Inspiration when it was a new ship..ha ha.. wasn't thrilled with St. Thomas but St. Martin was nice..

I have cruised a few times too. I just think it is the best way to travel..
I'm excited about Singles Cruise..looks like fun..

I was just doing some investigating on excursions and think in Belize I'm going to go Cave Tubing with X- Stream cave tubing...rather than the ship..

Everyone says it is a good deal and better than the cruise tour because it is a smaller group and that you get to do another cave...

Well...hope to see you guys on board..

DAwn
Old January 22nd, 2004, 03:48 PM
Passenger

Hi Dawn,
Thanks for the info. about St. Thomas and St. Martin. I still am undecided on which cruise, I am going to celebrate my 40th B-Day.

I am from Grapevine, Texas near Dallas, so Galveston is the closest port but SInglecruises.com don't ever seem to have a group go out of there.

Thanks for the tip about Belize, if I go on your cruise I'll consider that. It sounds like fun.
Old January 22nd, 2004, 04:07 PM
Passenger

Todd,
Happy B day... :O)

St Thomas is great if you like to shop..I'm not really into kids and the beach was loaded with little kids that eehy I didn't like it...

St Martin is nicer...but a warning...the beaches are all clothing optional so you will see alot of old naked people..ha ha..its a terrible sight...its always the one who should keep their clothes on who like to take them off...

but Beautiful beaches and water...

Hope that helps....figured I'd give you just a few more details

Dawn
Old January 22nd, 2004, 04:45 PM
Passenger

Thanks Dawn,

I am not much into kids all over the beach either, thanks for the warning. The cruise your going on is starting to look better,,,,have to check on it more.

And as far as the clothing optional, I agree, the people that go unclothed are the one's you wish were clothed and vice versa!lol
Old January 24th, 2004, 02:52 AM
Ferret

The ship has a topless deck too

I'm sure they both do, but you will see boobies wherever you go. But aside from that, is that why people go to topless beaches? To check each other out? Seriously....they are just boobs!

I don't know what to say about the kid factor. You can't avoid them. They will be there, especially if there is a break from school.

Emily
Old February 19th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Kinskig

My friend and I will be going on the single's cruise for 4/11 on the Inspiration as well. We're both from the Boston, MA area and are in our early 30s. I'm very excited for this cruise because I've been on two other cruises but this is my first singles cruise. That's not to say that my main concern is landing myself a man : ) I just like the idea of having more opportunities to get to know my fellow paasengers a bit better than I have in the past.
Old February 19th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: April 11th -Inspiration w/Singlescruise.com

Hello are you on the chat site yet?
Old February 20th, 2004, 07:22 AM
Kinskig

Default Re: Re: Re: April 11th -Inspiration w/Singlescruise.com

Are you talking about the one that's specific to this cruise? I haven't gotten any details bout it yet. Have you?
Old March 28th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to superman

hello,

I'm going on april 11th on the carnival "inspiration" I'm a male in my early 30's and would love to make freinds before I go.I "heard" this cruise is a blast!
Old March 28th, 2004, 02:08 PM
Passenger

hello Emily,

I can't find the yahoo group for this cruise.Can you help me?Who do I contact?
Old March 29th, 2004, 05:04 PM
Ferret

If you booked through the agency, they should have sent you the link.
Old March 29th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Passenger

yeah I got it thanks.......thier web page was down and apparently 1st booking was lost.......glad i called(smile)