Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Keri Send a message via MSN to Keri Send a message via Yahoo to Keri
Default singles 40+ cruise

Does anyone know if there are a lot of 40+ people on the single cruises? I am seriously thinking about going on one during the spring break week of March 20. I work a school calendar, so I have that week off and would really enjoy meeting some wonderful single men, as well as others in general. Not those just traveling by themselves, but ones who are seriously looking for a terrific woman. I am a female and want to have a lot of men to choose from...I know, I being selfish, but I want to enjoy the experience with someone special. If you have any comments or suggestions, let me know. I do not have any single female friends to go with me, so if I decide to do this, I may also need a cabin mate....anyone interested in that? I think it is time for me to start thinking "outside" of my box and just go for it. I just kind of wish that I had a fun friend to go with......any comments are welcomed...thanks Keri
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2004, 06:55 PM
Passenger

Default Re: singles 40+ cruise

Hi Keri,

I'm sure there must be lots of us, but I haven't found them in Hawaii(my home base). I'm male, 40+ and I cruise frequently. I have crused mostly around the Hawaiian Islands and locations west. If you are interested in Hawaii, we have Norwegian Cruise lines building quite a cruise schedule with various formats. If you want to communicate, you may email me at bblizz@yahoo.com. Have a super New Year.

Aloha
Old January 23rd, 2004, 09:57 PM
James Garner

Hey Keri: From reading you message, it sounds like what i have been looking for. I am a 40 year old single white male that is looking for my perfect mate for companionship first, then if it leads into a relationship, thats good. I like to travel and go to the beach and at night, I like to walk along the beach in the moonlight while holding hands and just shooting the ****. In the daytime, I like to relax out on the beach and soak up some sun while nude sunbathing. I also like to get in the ocean and get cooled off. I also like to fly on an airplane, mainly a big jet. And i especially like to go for a cruise on a cruise ship to the caribbean cr mexico or just about anyplace in the caribbean. As long as you are a single white female, you will be just fine. Well I told you a little bit about me and the things that i like, so if you are interested in me, i will tell you more later. My email address is wonderbug37@charter.net Hope to hear a response back from you real soon. Mike:
Old January 23rd, 2004, 10:47 PM
Steve0521

Keri,

That's quite a message. and request. I am a professional male who too thinks "outside" the box. And if something develops between us, so be it. Otherwise we must be respectful of each other while having fun.

I'm from minnesota and am looking forward to a cruise, however, I can't go until Apr 17 due to my work.

Then I'm open game.

let me know what you think.

steve
Old January 27th, 2004, 07:47 AM
LJ

Default Re: Re: singles 40+ cruise

I am a 50 year old single female & have cruised 4 times. I love to dance & there are VERY few single men in the 40+ age range on the cruises I have been on. However, I have not tried a "singles" cruise. From the responses you received - it seems you were getting offers of male cabinmates. It is quite expensive to cruise solo & very few 40+ men will share a cabin w/ another man. That is a large part of the problem of finding single men 40+ on cruises. But, the shorter the cruise, the more likely you will be to encounter a younger / less married crowd. And, during spring break there should be a lot of 20+ singles cruising - really think outside the box, i.e. Demi ! ? Good luck.
Old October 18th, 2004, 10:47 PM
Glad

Hi,

I am thinking about taking a single's cruise too. I just turned 41 and think it would
be fun to go on my own, (usually travel with my two teens), I love to travel...I'm thinking Mexico so anyone interested in sharing a cabin let me know...these cruises usually
leave from Los Angeles and I'm in the San Diego area.

Has anyone actually gone on a Single's cruise? I have gone on a regular cruise
with friends, so not sure how different from a regular cruise is a Single's cruise.
Are there usually more females than males? Does the cruise company tell you
the ratio of passengers before you book or you pretty much book and hope for the best?

Any info would be appreciate it...you can contact me at scribbles@artistemail.com,
just put cruise in the subject so I won't delete it by mistake.

Thanks,
Glad
Old November 11th, 2004, 07:13 PM
mike oleary

hi keri,
i was just wondering if you went on your cruise and if you enjoyed it? i am male 53yrs old considering a singles cruise this january, i live in southern alaska, and want to enjoy some sunshine! i hope you can write back, mike
Old November 23rd, 2004, 12:09 PM
Nancy/Chicago

Hi MIke... there are a bunch of us on singlescruise.com 's Jan 16 Valor cruise. I recently turned 50 and there are a number of men and women (more women - lucky you) between 45-56. The majority are in their 30's; everyone sounds real nice (we have our own bulletin board for our cruise).

If you'd like to know more, email me at nlptes at Yahoo.com or visit www.singlescruises.com .

Nancy
Old November 23rd, 2004, 12:54 PM
booboo4031

Default Re: Re: Re: singles 40+ cruise

I went on a singles cruise last fall and the age range was 20-70. I'm 41 and there were a lot of people in my age range. I'm doing another singles cruise in April of 2005 and I'm told that this singles cruise agency tends to have more of the 40+ age group. Hope it helps!
Old November 29th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Shorti J

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: singles 40+ cruise

What cruise line are your cruising with in April. I'm also looking for a cruise for singles.
Old December 6th, 2004, 06:52 PM
gayle

Hi, I would be interested in finding someone to travel with. I have the same problem of not having any single friends to travel with. let me know what your thinking about and when
Old December 6th, 2004, 08:29 PM
booboo4031

I'm going on the Carnival Legend doing the Western Caribbean Belize, Costa Rica, Panama. It's being done with a singles agency called cruisingforlove.com. I have a friend that has cruised with this agency several times and has been very happy with them. I am traveling alone for the trip so it should be interesting! I've done one other singles cruise prior to this.
Old December 25th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Familiar Face

Hello,

I am planning to take a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to Panama canal. I am looking for a roomate . Please Reply.
Old December 27th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Familiar Face

Hello Gayle,

I am looking for someone to travel with . I am planning to take a Southern Caribbean cruise leaving Puarto Rico San Juan on Feb 28 05. Will you be able to come? Please reply.
Old January 3rd, 2005, 01:31 AM
Keith Watson

Keri,

Noted your comment. If you re-read your communication and pretended you were me, then we might be on the same boat.

Am 60+ and spent the last thirty years in the most magnificent relationship with a wonderul woman that any man could ever want. That was two plus years ago. Her spirit will always be with me, and now it's time to meet someone who has inner beauty, and a life to match . . . the kind of girl who loves to swing from double rainbows early in the morning and charm earthbound fellows like me.

Used to be a criminal defense lawyer, but now deal in real estate investments, and writing fiction, as well as niche market books.

Life in Taos consists of horses, fresh air, good skiing, and a piano to play and write songs with late at night.

Am not seeking another Karen, and she didn't want me to. The only thing she asked me to do when I meet that certain lady is 'Send me her resume.'

I am spiritually inclined and dont' care for formalized religion and all the graven images. I have always been adamant about my belief that every woman is autonomous and no man in a pointy hat has any right to dictate to her what she should of should not do.

I'm not a 'free spirit' or an anarchist, and I have a great deal of difficulty in hundreds of thousands of children and adults dying in Africa, while we construct a larger and more destructive war machine that could make a world of difference in their lives. Some call me an idealist; I wonder why?

Drop me a note; I like your message.

Keith in Taos
Old January 5th, 2005, 02:02 PM
CatherineA

Hi Kerri, I just want to say that you took my words right out of my mouth. I am feeling the exact same way as you...Maybe it's our age. I am 44 years old and I am just looking to have a great time away from the everyday stress of life. I would love to talk further about your thoughts and plans...Please email me at your convenience.

Catherine
Old February 18th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Passenger

Hi All,
Catherine you said it all! I too am 40+ and have just booked my first cruise. It's not a singles cruise, so I really don't know what to expect. Luckily, I am going with a friend who is in her early 60's. We are both single females who hope there are at least a few decent single men aboard to share some laughs and enjoy good company.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

JT
Old February 19th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Passenger

Hi JT and all the rest of us 40 years' young women,

Just amazing how many of "us" there are!! We could get together and RULE!

I just booked my first cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale leaving Apr.23rd with Holland America. By chance, did anyone else book on this cruise? Would love to hear from you.

I was going to do a "Singles Cruise" but couldn't line up the dates and to be honest with you, I didn't know much about cruising at all at the time. But I have been reading and surfing since I booked and have been learning.

I hope to meet gentlemen to dance with, women to gab with, and everyone to have fun with. I love people watching (not through binoculars ) I fully intend on having a great time no matter what.

Taking everything in stride, c'est la vie.

Take care,

Dani

Old February 19th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Jo T

Dani. I guess we're both in the same "boat" so to speak.
My sail date is April 9th on NCL out of Miami. I am so excited about this trip. It's been more than 7 years since I've had a real vacation, so that, plus the new experience of cruising has me crcanked up & ready to go.

I too have been sirfing & reading about cruising and am finding out so many things that it's overwhelming. Did you book any shore trips yet? Some people say it's better to book them yourself instead of going through the cruise line. Where do you go to find this information?

Safe trip to all.

JT
Old February 19th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Laura_D

Hi! I have put messages out there asking if there were any folks "game" to go on the May 29th CruisingForLove.com Singles Cruise. I am 40, and I am booked on it. It ports out of NYC and goes to the Eastern Caribbean for 8 days. I understand that it's mostly 35+ with singles from 35-55 or thereabouts.. So, it ought to b e a blast!

I love dancing, dinining, sunbathing, sightseeing, and having lots of fun!! Anyone interested in that cruise?

Email me.. ldantoni84@yahoo.com. Looking for some single males to go on that cruise.
Old February 20th, 2005, 06:48 AM
Tom O'B

Hi Keri;
My name is Tom and I'm 45, brown and gray hair 5'11", 182lbs, I would like to know more about each other before we go on a cruise. I'm seriously looking for a terrific woman to spend time with and have fun with. I also would like to choose from other women but I'm shy and mabee you can help me. I'm sending you a pic. of myself so you know what you would be getting into. I hope to here form you soon.
Tom
Old February 21st, 2005, 07:26 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

The cruise company (I assume you mean the cruise line and not the travel agency) won't be able to tell you the ages of passengers; however, if you book a single cruise the agency should be willing to tell you IF they know the ages. I always tell everyone to remember that the longer cruises attract the more mature singles as opposed to the shorter (3-4 day) cruises.

Be sure to check out the Cruisemates singles cruise calendar as well as my articles in the singles section.

If you have specific questions, I will always do my best to try and help.
Old March 6th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Familiar Face

Booked on Mercury Oct 31 sailing to Mexico. Both my friend and I are single and would love to meet other singles on this cruise. No it isn't a 'singles' cruise so like others - we aren't sure of what to expect; but both the itinerary & dates matched our requirements so.........
Old March 12th, 2005, 03:21 AM

The problem with more woman then men on cruises seems to be a major problem. Some of the cruise lines actually let professional men over 65 cruise free because of this. They call them "dancing partners." In exchange for the free cruise they have to dance with all the single woman no matter how ugly they are. Its dancing only they're not allowed to do other things on the cruise but if they met someone they could see them when the cruise is over.