Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: Re: Over 30's singles non-Carnival cruise

Sammie, please go to the home page for Cruisemates and read my article on organized singles cruises versus going on your own. Also go to the singles section and read some of my articles. Hopefully, you will find information that will help.

Please don't be afraid to cruise by yourself. I do it all the time and always have a great time.

Old May 15th, 2004, 05:12 AM
pete36inga

Default Re: Re: Re: Over 30's singles non-Carnival cruise

hi dolli,
hey im interested in the qe2 i live in ga could you tell me more about the cruise im looking to go in sept or so not sure yet but it sounds nice im a 38 year young male getting ready to move to FL to help take care of my mom and want to get away before i move well maybe any way you would have some ideas about a single cruise im not into parting alot but want to have a GREAT time thanks so much

Pete
Old May 21st, 2004, 03:33 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Over 30's singles non-Carnival cruise

Just a quick follow-up.
I did decide to give Holland America a try on the brand new Westerdam June 12. It sails to the Norwegian fjords and the north cape, then eventually to Denmark. This time I am more interested in the itinerary than meeting singles, if you can believe that! But regardless of what they may say about HAL being the "old folks" cruise line, I am sure I'll meet lots of terrific people. On top of that, there are some super excursions that I have signed up for, and it appears there are already quite a few other people under 50 who are also looking to do the same.

I am still considering the HUGE organized singles cruise on the Triumph in late October, after all, I have done a Halloween cruise 3 years in a row, and from what I hear, it sounds like there will be over 800 singles this time. But my being on the west coast and with higher airfares, it is a bit tougher to find the right person to share, and I may have to bite the bullet and pay for the single supplement.

Pat has some EXCELLENT articles written about cruising as a single, and the big test will be on HAL, but to me, that trip may be a once in a lifetime adventure. I go with the expectation of seeing beautiful territory and meeting all sorts of people. I'll take notes

Bruce
Old May 22nd, 2004, 11:47 AM
DUKE HORTON

OOOHHH!!!MANNNN!!!!
HAVE I GOT THE CRUISE "THOUGHT OF THE DAY" FOR YOU
I AM ON THE SAME PAGE AS YOU EXCEPT I'M A MALE AND 49 ( I REALLY NEEDED TO GO ON A VACATION)
I HAVE JUST COMPLETED MY FIRST CRUISE ON 4.25 .04 ON ROYAL CARIBBEAN CRUISE LINE ( RCCL) VOYAGER OF THE SEA (JUST DON'T LOOK DOWN!!! JUST KIDDING)
CHECK OUT THE WEB SITE WWW.RCCL.COM
TO TELL YOU THE TRUTH I JUST WANTED SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND A CHANGE OF PACE IF YOU WILL.THE CELL'S AND THE EVERYDAY STRESSES OF THE JOB EVEN THOUGH IT WAS ONLY FOR A WEEK( I SHALL BE GOING AGAIN ASAP)
BUT LET ME SHARE THIS WITH YOU, YOU CANT GO WRONG WITH A CRUISE ( AND YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO COOK!!)
HAVE A WONDER-FULLED EXPERIENCE AS I DID
THANKS FOR READING
DUKE
PS. "YOUR" FEET HAVE GOT TO HIT THE PRISTINE BLUE/GREEN WATERS IN CARIBBEAN IF THAT IS WHERE YOU WOULD VENTURE TO GO.
Old May 24th, 2004, 10:20 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Bruce, thanks for the kind words. And I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Please post here when you return and tell us all about it.

Old May 25th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Kirk Send a message via MSN to Kirk Send a message via Yahoo to Kirk

I am a 40 year old single (divorced) male and I actually like Holland America. Yes there are many older passengers but not everyone is that old. I have met some very nice people in their 30's and 40's on the line. It is very low key as far as partying is concerned, but I am not interested in that. The Indonesian staff is excellent, the food is wonderful (on my last cruise they kept bring the lobster tails one evening until we finally said stop) and it is a good value as a single cruiser because the single supplement on a non-share cabin is about 150 percent unlike most other lines that are 200 percent.
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:47 AM
First Mate

Hi,
I am 44 and single and I was wondering do you have any single cruises in this age range coming up in the next six weeks? Or any vacations targeted toward singles?
Old June 6th, 2004, 12:25 AM
Lesandrea

I have cruised twice as a single and had a great time on both occasions.

Based on two cruises here is my take....

The first was with Carnival. Form my one time experience I would not say that when they say "fun ship" they mean necessarily drinking and partying. There was plenty to do that had nothing to do with drinking. I did not notice anyone drunk. There were many activites etc. FUN. Crowd range was average I would say in the 30s. Some younger some older. Some families.

I then sailed on Celebrity. Also a great time. Food overall was better. Here the average age was older maybe 40. Many more in 50s and 60s. Service was fantastic!

Both cruises had a disco as well as spas and shows and karoke. I woud say that the slogans of both ships fit well. Carnvial is the "fun ship" and Celebrity you get treated like royalty.

I go with either one again. It was great. My next cruise is with Norwegian and I am looking forward to it! By the way, I am 45 and have alot of energy. When I cruised, I danced, I dined, I went on the tours, I talked to the help, older people, younger people, went to many shows, read a book by the pool, --- JUST HAD A GREAT TIME.

I am hooked on cruising.

Old October 7th, 2004, 02:00 PM
SEXYTHING

HEY DARRICK,
YEA CRUISES CAN BE VERY FUN CAUSE MY CALINARY ARTS CLASS IS GOING ON A CRUISE HEE IN A COUPLE OF DAYS. WELL I'M A SINGLE 18 YEAR OLD FEMALE FROM BIRMINGHAM ALABAMA SO IF U KNOW ANYBODY WHO IS AROUND MY AGE AND SINGLE JUST HIT ME UP
Old October 7th, 2004, 02:05 PM
SEXYTHING

HEY EVERYBODY,
I'M A 18 YEAR OLD FEMALE WHO IS LOOKING FOR A GUY WHO IS AROUND MY AGE WELL IF YA'LL KNOW ANYBODY JUST LET ME KNOW. THE CRUISES ARE FUN TRUST ME I KNOW I'VE BEEN ON 18 OF THEM MYSELF. SO I KNOW HOW THE ARE. WELL G2G TALK TO U GUYS LATER BYE

SINCERLY,
ROSE KING
Old October 7th, 2004, 08:36 PM
NancyFromChicago

HI Sexything.... I'm sure you'll have a blast - BUT you may want to post on a thread NOT entitled "Over 30's singles"
Old October 11th, 2004, 03:59 PM
Roger_F

Hey Jodi

Methinks Royal Caribbean or NCL especially the Caribbean itineraries would be a good bet....they have cruisers of varying ages....you can party if you want to or just chill and meet other people as well..

Roger
Old October 11th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Laura Beach

Well I just took a leap of faith and booked on NCL for the Western Caribbean in November. I am a fun loving single gal and have traveled pretty extensively on my own (29 countries!) but this will be my first solo cruise. Wish me luck! Can anyone tell me more about NCL experiences?
Old December 20th, 2004, 07:12 PM
James42

Hi Jodi, I have only been on one cruise before with Norwegion. I went alone and had a blast. It was geared toward 35 and older crowd. I am now planning on taking a Cruise on the Carnival Glory May 7, 2005. Once again I am traveling solo. Carnival did have a better price than most ships but I dont book the cruise for the room. I have been researching it a lot and I dont think you will go wrong with any of the cruise lines you choose. Just find some that have shore excursions you will like and places you want to go. As for on board, just eat, dance, swim, lay out, whatever you want. Many people drink but it is not required to have a good time. I personally like to watch people, and I enjoy dancing also. On shore I will go scuba diving at two of my stops. The cruise is what you make of it. I am sure whichever you pick you will have a good time, so find one, sit back and enjoy. My email is grawlf@hotmail.com. If you want I will send you more information on Carnival after my cruise. Just let me know. Jim
Old January 12th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Shirley Jackson

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Over 30's singles non-Carnival cruise

I am a 64 yr old married lady with my husband in a nursing home ' Are there any cruises for people who fit my caterory ?
Old February 1st, 2005, 12:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to windycitykitty

Jodi hello again I belive we have spoken by e mail before. Im booked on Carnival Legend April 4th with http//www.crusingforlove.com yes it's a Carnival but I was assured that our group is a great bunch of people and not a bunch of drunks. The problems with the other lines in most of the people might be older in their 50'. If your in your 30's they say this is the line to take. Im not a drunk I seldom drink, I am going to meet some nice people hopefullly make some friends I will also do my own thing if the group bores me. This is my 2nd carnival my first was way back in 1988 and I had fun, however im sure it's not as Classy as other lines, but I had a great time. Good luck and let us all know what you decide. You might like the Costa Singles cruise on http//www.vacationstogo.com that one sounds very nice, just a bit more costly then I can swing.
Old February 6th, 2005, 10:10 PM
sexy grams w/junk in the

alf of my grandma. Shes in her early 50's and i would like to find a singles cruise she maybe interested in shes is recently divorced and i am wondering how these single cruises are since you have been on quite a few. I have given you my grandmas e mail address it is the one right above if you could please send a picture of your self it might help.

Ps-Shes a hottie!!!!!!! *Wink wink*
Old February 9th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Laura_D

Hello.... just turned 40, and I am looking for a great singles cruise for 35 and over.

I have started doing my research recently and with all the options out there, I just can't decide which company puts on the best and frankly, "Classiest" singles get-togethers. For instance., is Escapade, or CruisingforLove or Binnacle better than Singlescruise.com?

I am looking for a lively, but a little upscale and classy crowd. While I don't mind partying, I am not a party-hearty individual anymore, like I was in my 20's. I have been divorced now 3 years, and I need to get away somewhere fantastic with some folks I can enjoy the time with.

I am quite young for my age, but yet not a 20's girl with a teenage mentality. I am kind of an upscale lady, who's made good in her life, and I enjoy the finer things, too. So, I would like a great ship, classy set of singles, with coordinated singles groups activities and Guide.

Please... ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Laura
Old February 14th, 2005, 09:04 AM
Passenger

\
Old May 18th, 2005, 09:02 PM
israel

Hi my name is emmanuel israel i saw ur pics and ur pics was cute and beautifull,i will like to know more about u,reply.