Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Shannan

Default Carnival Destiny for singles?

Hey!
Does anyone know how the Destiny is for singles? I am in my late 20s and will be traveling solo in September. It is a 7 night cruise out of Puero Rico, so I am not sure if I will even encounter any single cruisers! I have done the shorter cruises and had a blast on the Fascination. There were so many single people.

Does anyone know about the Destiny?

Thanks so much!
Shannan
Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to OctoberDestiny
Default Re: Carnival Destiny for singles?

Im also going on Destiny as a single..Right now Im booked for 10/17, but I might be switching because the price is much better in Sept. When in Sept are you sailing?

Jeff
Old March 12th, 2004, 08:20 AM
Shannan

Hi Jeff,
I am sailing September 5th - 12th. I got an awesome deal through carnival. (Probably could have gotten any place) But I paid $449 for the cruise portion of trip. Airfare to San Juan, was a good deal too I thought. Got it for $280 from Detroit.
Shannan
Old March 12th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Passenger

Shannan,
Yes that is a good deal. Im also driving up to Detroit to catch Spirit Air for $245. You will have to let me know what you thought of the ship and what is was like going solo. I picked this ship because of the ports of call. Im soo ready to get down to San Juan.
Do you plan on going down early? Im staying a couple of days before and one day after.
Old March 19th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Shannan

You got a great deal on airfare! I thought I did. I too am going to Detroit, on Spirit Airlines, for $285.
Usually I go a day early, but this time I am flying down that day since the boat doesn't leave the port until late. I just pray I have no delays and get there ok. Makes me a little nervous.
The ports sound wonderful, that is why I choose this cruise too. I just didn't know how safe San Juan was, so I was unsure of staying there prior to the trip. Hope I don't regret not going a day early!
I will let you know how it goes. Have fun on your trip!
Shannan
Old March 20th, 2004, 12:44 AM
Passenger

Thanks! I got some great deals on priceline for hotels. I decided to stay 2 days before and after. I heard that the disco is nice. In Aruba there is a Carlos and Charlies that everyone talks about..You can dance on the bar!
Im sure you will get to the ship with plenty of time to spare. On the airfare, keep checking for the fare of your flights. Spirit Air will give you a credit for future travel if the price goes down.
Have a great weekend!!
Old March 21st, 2004, 12:19 AM
Passenger

I went on the Destiny last year in April, there were a lot of single people and we had a blast! We are going on the Destiny again this May.
Old March 21st, 2004, 09:14 AM
booboo4031

the $449 did that include the single supplement & port charges?? Just curious. I've been looking for something, but they really get you on the single supplement.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 02:47 PM
Shannan

That rate ($449) did include all taxes and port fees. But I am taking my 6 year old daughter with me, so don't know how much the single supplement would have been. They do rake you for that most of the time. I did manage to get a cruise for only $30 more than the double occupancy rate last December. I think it depends on how full the ship is.

I am so ready for this cruise!! Still have to wait almost 6 months!

Shannan
Old March 23rd, 2004, 03:02 PM
Passenger

Im paying $565 for a single 1A with portholes thats including tax and port charges. Its about 30% more than the regular rate.
Old April 3rd, 2004, 10:17 AM
drjay

Hey Shannon,

I'm a single guy, 29, from a suburb outside Detroit and looking for a cruise to go on and this sounds like a pretty good option. Don't really get much time to date because of my job and it would be great to meet someone on vacation. Ok well, if you like, you can e-mail me at sunburnjay@hotmail.com and we could chat. Talk to you soon and have fun on your trip. Jason
Old April 4th, 2004, 10:32 AM
First Mate

I'm thinking about taking a Carnival cruise in mid-May after getting my master's. I'm in my mid-30s, single and looking for sun and fun, but a little apprehensive about traveling solo. Would you recommend the Fascination for a solo trip? Are there organized activities for solo singles? Thanks for your advice!
Old April 4th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Destiny for singles?

Anne,
I'm going on the Fascination 5/24/04...4-night out of Miami. I am a single mom (very) early 40's. I am cruising with my teen sons but figure I won't see them all too often. There is a roll call on cruisecritic.com for this cruise. There are also 2 other Carnival ships that will be in Cozumel on 5/26. I don't think you will have ha problem finding other singles on any Carnival Cruise.

NJ
Old April 4th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

I have been on Carnival's Fascination and found there were a few singles in all age groups. Remember, though, on all cruise lines there are usually more singles on the shorter cruises (3-4 nights). And the only way you can be assured of lots of singles onboard is to be a part of an organized singles cruise. Check out the Cruisemates Singles Cruise Calendar.

Good luck!

Old April 5th, 2004, 10:34 AM
Shannan

Anne,

My first solo trip was on the Fascination two years ago and I had a blast! There were lots of singles in their late 20s and 30s. They booked all of our rooms next to each and we sat together at dinner. So we all met on the first night and had a great time. It was the best cruise that I have ever been on! You would definately want to do the singles party the first night. Other than that they really didn't have much else, but I met so many people that night and then the other nights, that I never felt alone. In fact at times, I would take my book, hat and sunglasses and try to hide on the deck! You will have a wonderful time and you will feel like a new person when you return, more self confindence and independence because you were able to have such a fabulous vacation by yourself.

Enjoy!
~Shannan

Carnival Spirit 11/01
Carnival Fascination 4/02, 12/03
Carnival Imagination 9/02
NCL Magesty 01/03
Carnival Destiny.....9/04 (Can't wait!!)
Old April 7th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

I have also cruised on the Fascination and find it's great for singles.

Old April 26th, 2004, 12:34 PM
scott williams

shannan-
went on the destiny last may- friend of mine and myself, both single, and there were plenty of other singles on board. it's a fun ship, no pun intended- great atmosphere, lots to do (especially since you're leaving out of san juan)- my personal favorite was the sing-a-long piano bar (I play)- anyway, hope you have an awesome time!
Old April 28th, 2004, 12:48 PM
tommyusn

hey there im from puerto rico i go on the destiny all the time we about 3 a year there are alot of singles on board the have singles night in one of there clubs a few times a week maybe ill join you on your cruise im 23/military and ill send a pic if you like my email is tommy32881@hotmail.com
Old August 1st, 2004, 11:17 AM
Passenger

Shannan

You have about one month to go and I have 2. Are you ready

Old August 5th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Shannan

Hi Jeff!

I can't believe it has gone by so fast!! I have made my lists and getting ready!! I so need a vacation! Bet you know that feeling! You changed your sailing date. Did you get a better rate? It looks like the 9/5 cruise has sold out. I just got my documents this weekend!! Ready to go...

I will let you know how it goes! Enjoy your cruise and let me know how much fun you have!

:o)
Shannan
Old August 5th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Passenger

Hi Shannan!!!

Yes, I switched to Oct 3. Got a pretty good rate. I wish I was going earlier, but the time is just flying by.

I was looking at the dates on this thread...Back in March this cruise seemed soooooo far away. Now I trying to take care of most of my running around before mid Sept.
Looking forward to your "Destiny Singles" report

I know you will have a great time..When you return I will have less than a month until my date with Destiny!!!!

Old October 24th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Cynthia

Hi to all!
Carnival Destiny is Kool for singles. I went 4 years ago and I will go back next February 2005 with a group of singles 28 up. This cruise is nice for small groups, singles or family. I don't know if the trip changed since 4 years.

Carnival Destiny: 27 nov-3 dic 2000