Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2004, 11:29 PM
Doug72

Default carnival imagination 7/1/04

Hey - I'm organizing a group from California considering the 7/1/04 Carnival Imagination cruise out of Miami (singlescruise.com). We're in our late 20's/early 30's and like to party, and we're trying to get some kind of idea as to the type of crowd we'll meet. If you're going, or have been on this cruise recently, any comments/thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2004, 10:44 AM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: carnival imagination 7/1/04

Hi Doug,

I have e-mailed you regarding this, but I am sure there are plenty of veteran singles cruisers out there who will be glad to share their experiences.

Have a great cruise!

Old May 18th, 2004, 11:26 AM
First Mate

There are a bunch of us gals that are going on this cruise. We range in age from 23 to 47! I hope more folks can go on this trip!
Old May 22nd, 2004, 09:41 AM
NY

Default Re: Re: carnival imagination 7/1/04

We're booked too - 3 single women from NY! Two of us went on this ship in January and it was great!
Old June 2nd, 2004, 01:44 PM
L.G.

calling all to see whos on board for a little 4th of july getaway? 27 male from
Atl, Ga.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

I went on a cruise through singlescruise last Halloween. It was quite an experience. Be careful if they set up a Yahoo message board. Mine had a bunch of people squabbling and arguing and put a damper on it before it even started. However, I did know who to avoid once I got on the ship! Just don't say anything that gives you a bad rep.

Everyone's experience with this organized singles thing is different. My cruise was 7 days long and frankly by the fifth day I was kind of tired of the contrived singles activities after having determined that I wasn't into most of the guys. I wish I had found one or two groups of people with similar interests on the first day and pretty much partied with them, rather than try to meet everyone because I ended up not really bonding with anyone.

Another heads up is being careful about hooking up with anyone in the group. If it goes badly (or even well) word travels fast amongst the group so it's a little different than meeting someone traveling on your own. People notice who's coupled off with whom, etc. Luckily, 4 days is a little short to create a big scandal but if you're skillfull....

You'll find all sorts on your trip. I found a hypnotist offering me endless, full-body orgasms (didn't go for it), a body builder with a separate suitcase for his supplements, a guy wearing a dragon hat, and a bunch of normal, fun people. Enjoy!

Carnival Fascination

Carnival Fascination: June 2004
Carnival Triumph: Halloween 2003
Old June 14th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Beginner

27 s/w/f from Tennessee going on this cruise and can't wait !!!! See ya'll there!!!!!!
Old June 14th, 2004, 05:01 PM
hondo

Default Re: Re: carnival imagination 7/1/04

Hi Lauri:

I concur with with what you said. I was on the same cruise and also wished I would of meet a couple of people to hang around with. I knew the islands real well from previous cruises so I just hung around the places that I visited and did research for future trips.

I was lucky and had a great roommate and I hung with his "group" on the last day. I wished I would of hung around them earlier.

The people that ran it were a little overwhelmed (IMHO). They never had a group that large and I believe it showed. Neither there or here.

For the price, you really can't beat it. The single supplement kills you unless you go with a group. I just wish that they could get a group of 600+ and go to Alaska.

Hondo