Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2004, 08:39 PM
hondo

Default Re: Re: Valor Group Cruise

Hello everyone:

I'm in 100%. I think. The deposit was sent in yesterday so hopefully Vicky will get it this weekend. Yes to the daysail, yes to a roommate and yes to pre-cruise get together. I'm not sure about the hotel or not. I may come in early and hang out in South Beach and get some games in. It kind of depends on the hurricanes this year. If I'm only going to be down island this year for 3 weeks, than I have 1 week extra to play with. Or not.

I haven't been able to check E-mails from home yet but is the party still on? I thought but ....

Does anyone have any for sure plans for the other ports of call; Nassau, or St. Martin. I'm a little biased but the 12 metre regatta in St. Martin is a blast. I've done it 5 times and each time it's been well worth it. The Rhino Ride is alright but the prices seem to inflate for some reason. Hmmm. It's O.K if you never been on a jet ski but. The Sunset Beach bar is also a good place to go. You can Moo err wave at the Air France 747 as it goes over your head at an altitude of hhmmm 20 feet or so.

Hondo
Old August 14th, 2004, 03:15 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Valor Group Cruise

Refreshing the Post for The Valor May 8 Group Cruise

Hondo you'll be a great addition to this Group

Hoping KathyinFlorida is Good the Huricanne really blasted her area

Pat, enjoy your Cruise to Alaska, I'll be one of the first to read of your" Adventure in the Ice Country"

Heather, I am still working on a bio I have another ........... for you

CathyZ how many more days? I am getting antz for your next.........

And for the rest of the Ohio gang , A Big What's up?

Later from the Florida Gator,
Duke

P.s. For everyone who reads this Post Have a most enjoyable Cruise when you decide to go and reads Pat Hagan's articles before you do, for she is the "411" in Singel Cruising.
Old August 14th, 2004, 05:31 PM
hwireman

Hi All

Here is a big hope to Kathy and all others in Florida that they are safe. Lila and Vanessa who are going on the cruise are ok. They live in Port Charlotte so I called them both to make sure that they were safe. They said it looked awful outside and they were shaken up but ok.

Received e-mail from Cathy in NY and she is going to bid on priceline for a 4*. She is going to post what bid she won at here. I may just bid on 4* too if it goes well for her. I bid on 3* yesterday and ran out of re-bids so waiting until Monday or to hear from Cathy before trying again.

Take care all
Heather
Old August 15th, 2004, 12:02 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to CZodda

Good Afternoon fellow Valor Cruisers!

Hope that everyone is enjoying the weekend, and that all of our Florida friends are safe and sound.

Hi Duke! Come Monday, it will be just seven more weeks till I head out on the Fascination - I can't wait!

Heather, I'll be trying Priceline again on Tuesday. I'll be sure to let you know how I made out. I would have tried on Monday, but Cathy was a bad girl this weekend and tried again yesterday, and so now I have to wait another day as a penalty for being too antsy See what trouble I manage to get myself into ;-)

Take care for now everyone!

Cathy

Old August 16th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Beginner

Hi Everybody,
I just want all you Buckeyes to know that you will be having a genuine Michigander (me) in your midst, having grown up in Ann Arbor. If it helps at all, my father was from Columbus and my mother from Toledo...
littledog
Old August 16th, 2004, 08:56 PM
First Mate

Que Pasa littledog,

It's all Good!!
My fellow Cruisemate !! You know This Genuine Florida Gator likes to "dine" on Buckeye stew meat Right!! (hehehehehe!)

Your Friendly neighborhood at a glance Gator-O- man welcomes you to the string-0-matic for the most adventureous Valor Group Cruise departing from Miami May 8th ( I wasn't going to say it Heather) to Part-take-in -a-l-i-t--t-l-e- part-y!!!

Duke
Old August 17th, 2004, 02:09 PM
hwireman

Daniel (littledog)

Will you be flying out of Michigan? I don't know what the rates are like from there but it may be worth your while to drive to Cleveland and fly with the group. Just a thought. Did you hear from your new cabin mate Hondo yet?

Duke

What can I say except to repeat myself and say you are a trip?

Pat

24 people are actually signed up. We have about 12 more who are in the process of signing up and about 5 more who are considering it. You are included in the 5 more who are considering... Vicki, the TA keeps reminding me that we will have alot of people start signing up once we hit the 6 to 3 month mark. No matter how many more people sign up, I know we have the best group of fun people around. My goal is 60 though. We will all be meeting for the first time at Bayside Market at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. It will be a fun night with the excitement of everyone meeting and knowing the cruise begins the next day.

Talk to you all soon and take it easy,
Heather
Old August 17th, 2004, 05:42 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Valor Group Cruise : Cute Joke for you

. Just a thoughful smile for you all... Valor Cruisemates.......

A wealthy old lady decided to go on a photo safari in Africa. She
took
her
faithful pet dachshund along for company.
One day, the Dachshund starts chasing butterflies and before long
the
dachshund discovers that he is lost. So, wandering about, he notices
a
leopard heading rapidly in his direction with the obvious intention
of
having lunch.
The dachshund thinks, "OK, I'm in deep trouble now! Then he noticed
some
bones on the ground close by, and immediately settles down to chew
on
the
bones with his back to the approaching cat.
Just as the leopard is about to leap, the dachshund exclaims loudly,
"Boy,
that was one delicious leopard." I wonder if there are any more
around
here."
Hearing this, the leopard halts his attack in mid-stride, as a look
of
terror comes over him, and he slinks away into the trees.
"Whew," says the leopard. "That was close. That dachshund nearly had
me."
Meanwhile, a monkey who had been watching the whole scene from a
nearby tree figures he can put this knowledge to good use and trade it for
protection from the leopard. So, off he goes.
But the dachshund saw him heading after the leopard with great
speed,
and
figured that something must be up.
The monkey soon catches up with the leopard, spills the beans and
strikes
a deal for himself with the leopard.
The leopard is furious at being made a fool of and says, "Here
monkey,
hop
on my back and see what's going to happen to that conniving canine."
Now the dachshund sees the leopard coming with the monkey on his
back,
and
thinks, "What am I going to do now?" But instead of running, the dog
sits
down with his back to his attackers, pretending he hasn't seen them
yet...and just when they get close enough to hear , the dachshund
says..."Where's that monkey? I sent him off half an hour ago to
bring
me another leopard!
So remember ....... "IF YOU CAN'T DAZZLE THEM WITH BRILLIANCE,
BAFFLE
THEM
WITH .........( fill in the blank)
hehehehe!!
Old August 17th, 2004, 07:25 PM
First Mate

Oh Duke, you are a card!

Thanks for the laughs :-D

Cathy

Old August 17th, 2004, 09:36 PM
First Mate

Hi Heather, Duke and all the Valor Gang!

OK, I promised a Priceline Update, and here it is:

Struck out on the 4* (Hotel Intercontinental) again. Started the bidding at $65.00, then increased the bids by $1 each time, and here were the locations I used: I started with Miami Downtown (where we would like to be of course!), then proceeded to Dadeland, Key Biscayne, Miami Beach, Miami Lakes, North Miami, North Miami Beach, then Southwest Miami. By then I had reached $72.00. I decided to be bold ;-) and added South Beach as a last bid for $75.00. I took a chance with that, because, other than Downtown Miami, it was the only other of my choices that offers 4* hotels. Which means if I had won with that bid, I technically could have wound up in South Beach (but I doubt it.....I'm pretty sure that South Beach is way more money than Downtown Miami). I decided to stop at $75.00 because at the two bidding sites I checked - better bidding and bidding for travel - it seemed people had some winning bids at $70.00, and I didn't want to overbid myself.

Whether we choose 3* or 4*, we may have some trouble getting decent rates because it's Mother's Day weekend that week. Of course, it's all too soon to say for sure, so things might change for the better in a little while. I'll be sure to check in at Priceline once or twice a week, and I'll be sure to post my winning bid when the time comes - Lord willing, not too long from now :-)

OK, have a great night everyone, and I'll pop on by soon. Take care for now.

Cathy Z

Old August 17th, 2004, 10:06 PM
hwireman

Hey Cathy

Thanks for the update. I do know that priceline is used by the hotels to get rid of their extra rooms when it looks like they aren't going to be sold. People have been telling me that you have to wait until closer to the date. Hate to do that. I didn't really think Mothers Day would affect this too much but I could very well be wrong. I guess we just keep plugging away at it. It will burn me if I end up winning a $100 bid and then see where in April people start getting bids accepted for $35. TA suggests reserving rooms regular and then if a good bid gets accepted then we cancel the reservation. I am going to do that.

Duke

I love the laughs. I can't wait to meet all of the people in the group and I know that you are just going to keep up laughing till dawn.

Night ya all
Heather
Old August 17th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Passenger

GREETINGS FROM FLORIDA! Dry and safe down here. Thanks for everyone's concern. Being just minutes north of Tampa, Charlie was initially set to make a direct hit my way, but we were spared this time--whew! Barely a drizzle of rain on Friday.

Haven't been able to get to this board in a while. There were a lot of personal family issues/crises lately.

Heather, I would love to join the DAYSAIL GROUP. That sounds like a lot of fun and a great value. Also, if anyone else inquires about the SHARK DIVE, I'm up for that too--that's certainly something I don't get a chance to do everyday!

KathySmithFL@aol.com
Old August 18th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Yeoman

So what was the lowest bid you got from the Hotel Intercontinental? That's my favorite hotel prior to a cruise.

Old August 18th, 2004, 04:33 PM
hondo

Default Re: Re: Re: Valor Group Cruise

Hi guys:

I'm guessing that Dan's going to be my roommate.Yeah!!! No %^%^^&& supplement.

I'd be also willing to bet that there are probably a bunch of E-mails at home.

My puter is down for the count for a while. I will only have limited access at work until I manage to free up 3 days to fix it. Last time this happened, It took three solid days to reload everything so it would be safe to say this will be my access for a while. That is until this site gets blocked by work. <G> Than, I vill be really ticked.

So, hi Dan. I guess we get to split the $125.00. I think that wil maybe by a pop or maybe one of the foo-foo drinks with the umbrella.

Hondo
Old August 18th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Passenger

Hi Heather and everybody!

This sounds like a great opportunity!!!

I just emailed you, Heather, for the info on the cruise.

Can't wait to meet you all!

Linda
Old August 18th, 2004, 07:52 PM
hwireman

Kathy

So glad to hear from you and that you are safe. I hope there is no serious crises with your family. I will be thinking of you.

Hondo

Well you can look at the $125 a couple of different ways. $62.50 almost pays your gratuities for the week or you can put that down on the alcohol card or you can invest it at the black jack table to double your money. Any way you look at it, it goes right back to Carnival.

Pat

We haven't got an accepted bid yet for priceline. Do you think we all should just keep bidding on that till something is accepted? I have never stayed over night in Miami so I am definitely interested in hearing your opinion.

Linda

Sure was nice to hear from you and you have mail. Hurry up and book so we can get you all pumped up with the rest of us.

Bye all

Heather
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Passenger

Heather,

How do I get mail?
Old August 19th, 2004, 01:21 AM
hwireman

Linda

I attached the mail I sent you to a new e-mail. I think you will get it this time. If not, let me know and I will figure something out. I sent it straight to your yahoo e-mail addresse this time.

Looking forward to hearing back from you,
Heather
Old August 20th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Yeoman

Heather, call the Hotel Intercontintal and tell them you are going on a cruise and have x number of people interested in rooms. Sometimes they will give you a bargain. I know a couple of girls who got a room not long ago for $99.00 plus free buffet breakfast. It is my favorite hotel. Ask for a room facing the water and you've got a to-die-for view of the cruise ships. Plus it's within walking distance of Bayside and all the wonderful shops, restaurants like Hooters, Bubba Gump, and Hard Rock Cafe. And it's a short ride to the port. Crew members walk across the bridge to shop/eat when they are in port.

I'm still thinking about joining you, but right now I'm off to Alaska.

You guys sound like a fun group!

Old August 20th, 2004, 12:08 PM
hwireman

OK I am calling the Hotel Continental right now. Pat sold me on it when she said "to-die-for view." I will let you guys know.

We have 2 more single ladies sign up today. You men are starting to get outnumbered. All I know is, you all better be ready to dance till dawn. I am a night owl but barely functional in the AM.

Well I have received 2 profiles on my e-mail and am waiting for the rest. When we get closer I am going to send out a letter via US Mail to everyone.

Heather
Old August 20th, 2004, 01:04 PM
ILuvCruisin

Send me more
Old August 20th, 2004, 01:52 PM
ILuvCruisin

Heather:

If know one has answered your questions about the spring breakers and cruising send me your number and I'll let you in on the secret.

Also, you all sound like so much fun. I've been on many, many, many cruises. Usually it's with my son who of course hangs with his friends and I find a group like yours to hang with because groups have more fun. I want to join but already have a Kenya trip in the planning stage for May 15 so I'll have to see. Meantime answer a question or two. I'm 49 and a Sistah would Duke accept me in the group. His name scares me but what he said about no horrible times or people in this group was so sweet. I'm tired of paying the 200% and sometimes I want to be a part of the group from the beginning. should I consider joining in....Duke?
Old August 20th, 2004, 02:39 PM
hwireman

Hey Duke

Did you see that? The ladies think you are scary!!! WHOO HOO!!! Lord have mercy on me.

ILuvCruisin

I know what Duke is gonna say but let me just back him up here. FORGET KENYA You know you want to join us so just do it. Hope to hear from you.

Heather
Old August 20th, 2004, 04:27 PM
First Mate

Stardate: 05.08.2004 To All My Fellow Valor Cruisemates
AND>>>>>-I LUVCRUISIN<<<<<< ( Heather, should I send her the mouseeee! hehehehe!!!)

DEPENDABLE
UNDERSTANDING
KEEN SENSE OF HUMOR
EXTRAORDINARY MALE !!

Just for the record though, I would like to share with both male and female on Our Cruise, "I treat person the way I would like to be treated" sorta like ( a Duke) royality.

ILUVCRUISIN
The Only thing scarey about me is the way I attack a Lobster ( there!!!! )

Duke

Ps. Oh!! It's no doubt that I can get a part-y started AND It will get started with our Valor Group on May 8th you can be part of it OR you can read about us on Cruisemates WHEN we get back....
ps.s. I didn't for get Heather the man is ready toDance til..........another blank ?!!( hehehe..)
Old August 20th, 2004, 04:32 PM
First Mate

.P.P.S.S. two corrections:
The stardate should be for 05.08.005 ( Anty!!...)
and I treat people.... not person ( )

Thank You for Your Support
Old August 21st, 2004, 11:19 AM
hwireman

OK I called Intercontinental and after talking to 5 ddifferent people they took my number and said they would call me back in 30 minutes. That was about 24 hours ago. I have been looking into the New Holiday Inn Marina Park. They are across the street from Bayside Market Place. Prices would be about $90 for a bayview upgrade with Pre-Cruise Sale Package that includes little perks. I am thinking I am gonna go for it. If I make the reservation and then a good bid is accepted on Priceline for Intercontinental then I can cancel the other reservation. I don't know people. If I do go with the Holiday Inn I would be happy. Has good reviews too on the different hotel sites.

What do you all think?
Would you be ok with this hotel?
Do you think I should wait and go with something else like a 3* on Priceline. Bad thing there is everyone could be in different hotels.
Looking for your feedback.

Heather
Old August 21st, 2004, 12:02 PM
First Mate

Good Morning Heather, Duke and all our Valor Gang!

Heather I just tried Priceline again with another unsuccessful bid. This time I went as high as $89, which would have had a total price of just under $108.00 with all the taxes and fees included. I think this is as high as I'm gonna go price wise on Priceline.

Too bad the Intercontinental has that "I'll call you right back syndrome". If there is anything that annoys me more I don't know what that is. I say if you tell someone you're calling them back at such and such a time - then for goodness sake - do it!

That Holiday Inn sounds real good Heather. $90 for a bayview upgrade with Pre-Cruise Sale Package sounds fabulous. I'm game - how about everyone else?

By the way, is that the same Holiday Inn as this one I found on their website:

Holiday Inn
PORT OF MIAMI-DOWNTOWN
340 BISCAYNE BLVD
MIAMI, FL 33132

This hotel's information also indicates it is right next to the Bayside Marketplace as well, so I'm guessing they are one and the same.

How about you Duke, Hondo, etc........are you up for the Holiday Inn? Let us know when you get the chance, OK?

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

Cathy Z

Old August 21st, 2004, 01:41 PM
First Mate

.....Oh, by the way Heather, the Holiday Inn I mentioned above has a $25 cancellation fee. Forgot to mention that before.....

Cathy

Old August 21st, 2004, 02:19 PM
hwireman

All right I am putting in a information e-mail to their site so that we can get this all set up. I think everyone is game.

I too tried priceline yesterday and I bid as high as $105 and then just quit.

I will give ya all the info as it comes to me.

Cathy...I sure can't wait to meet you! You and I am going to make donations to the casino together.
Old August 21st, 2004, 05:12 PM
hwireman

OK someone got with me and thought we should just keep bidding 3* on priceline to see what we can get.

Cathy thanks for the info and yes it is the same hotel. I saw that too about the $25 cancelation fee.

I am going to try priceline again in a few days and also see what I get from Holiday Inn and just go for it. I have to admit I had my mind set on one of the 3 or 4* hotels on priceline.

Talk to you all later
Heather