Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2004, 10:54 PM
hwireman

Default Valor Group Cruise

Hi All

We have a group cruise booked for May 8th of 2005 on the new Carnival Valor. There are about 1/2 single and 1/2 couples going so far. Anyone interested in joining the group? The rates are starting at $460 for an inside cabin up to $760 for a balconey. The ages of the group so far is mid 20's up to mid 50's. Everyone is welcome to take advantage of the rates and get a chance to meet new people. Most of us are from Ohio with some joining in Florida also. I hope to hear from some of you and you are welcome to e-mail me.

Heather
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2004, 10:09 AM
Cathy Zodda

Default Re: Valor Group Cruise

Hi Heather,

I am definitely interested in this cruise! That was right around the time of when I wanted to go away next year! I loved to cruise in May, because kids are still in school and Hurricane season hasn't started - perfect :-D

I'll send you an email right away. Thanks again and have a great day!

Cathy
Old June 6th, 2004, 10:33 AM
hwireman6890@yahoo.com

I just want to add one more thing about this group cruise. When reading some of the other posts about people hesitant over booking a cruise since they are single, it really dawned on me what a great group this would be for them. I imagine most of your group cruises would be perfect as long as it wasn't ALL couples. These are just normal adults who are excited about meeting others and having a great time. There will be those people who will run up quite the bar tab and those who Carnival will have to consider raising their prices because of the food consumption. lol Can you say 4 lobster tails please? As for not having a cruising partner...I have no problems hooking roomies up together. If you want to be be alone in the room you are going to pay more but any vacation you take is more costly by yourself. One of the things in life that I find pretty sad but it is the way it is. One thing on the cruise...if you go into the dining room by yourself...no one will say, "is it JUST you tonight?" I just love that one, as if I am not "enough" by myself, I need someone with me to eat dinner to complete myself. lol As for those people who think, "I am not one of the perfect looking people, so I am just putting myself into a group to be excluded." I say, bull! Won't happen in this group, I promise. You just have to promise to relax, have fun and be willing to try some new things. Leave life at home and enjoy a different life for one week. \

I am not getting any type of monetary gain in doing this group cruise. So I have no ulterior motive for writing this, I just really want to have this great large group of diverse individuals for a great week in the Caribbean. Gosh, I can't wait. Gonna go nutso before 2005 even gets here. My New Year resolution is gonna be, "just hold on for 5 more months Heather!" lol
Old June 6th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: Re: Valor Group Cruise

I love your attitude! This sounds like a really fun cruise, and I hope you have many singles sign up. Also, I know what you mean about being asked, "Just One?" when you go into a restaurant. Everybody stares like it's a crime to go out to eat alone. That's what's so fabulous about cruising single. Nobody cares!!

Old June 7th, 2004, 02:15 PM
First Mate

THIS CRUISE IS GOING TO BE AWESOME JUST GOT SIGNED UP HEATHER!!!!
DUKE
PS.THE MORE SINGLES THE MERRIER WE WILL BE
Old June 7th, 2004, 02:59 PM
hwireman6890@yahoo.com

ALL RIGHT DUKE!!!!...I am so glad you are going to be joining us. I beleive Cathy is joining us too. She seems so nice. 11 months today we will all be meeting in Miami for the get to know ya party. YES!!!

Now come on all you other cruisers, we want you to join us. Feel free, if you want information or have questions, to e-mail me. hwireman6890@yahoo.com
Old June 8th, 2004, 08:16 AM
First Mate

SOOOOOOO!! CATHY Z WILL U BE JOIN ( US )THE VALOR GROUP?
HEATHER IS CONTAGIOUS ( I HOPE I SPELLED THAT RIGHT! ) AND I LOVE HER AWESOME ATTITUDE... IT'S GOING TO BE A MOST EXCELLENT SEVEN DAYS !!!!!
DUKE
PS. LOOKING FORWARD TO THE MEET IN MIAMI
PS.S (< WAS THAT CORRECT? ) PAT HAGAN , (EDITOR) I JUST WANT TO LET YOU KNOW THIS IS AN AWESOME WEB PAGE FOR SINGLES AND FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE INTERESTED IN CRUISING
Old June 8th, 2004, 02:38 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to CZodda

Hi Duke!

Yes, I will definitely be joing you guys on the cruise - I just called the agent and made the arrangements - yippee!

Heather, I'll be sending you an email in just a moment. Thanks for putting this cruise together for us!

Old June 9th, 2004, 07:54 AM
First Mate

CATHY, A DEFINITE AAAAAWWWWWWWWW :-)

HEATHER U ARE "PAGE ONE"

VICKY THE T/A IS MOST INFORMATIVE AS WELL

THANK YOU DUKE
Old June 10th, 2004, 08:36 PM

Thanks, Duke. I'm always happy to hear that you single cruisers enjoy the message boards. And remember--I'm ready and eager to try and help with any questions you might have.

Old June 10th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Admiral

test

Carnival Glory
Old June 13th, 2004, 12:47 PM
hwireman

Hi guys

Wanted to take a moment and welcome Fran, Cindy and Daniel to the group cruise. They have all booked single on the cruise and are so excited. The list of cruisers is:

Cathy from New York
Duke from Florida
Ron from Ohio
Vicky from Ohio
Diana and Hubby from Ohio
Carol from Ohio
Keith and Mindy from Ohio
Jamie and Heather from Ohio
Chris from Ohio
Norma from Ohio
Cindy from Ohio
Fran from Ohio
Lila from Florida
Vanessa from Florida
Daniel from Washington

We have about 10 more people looking to book right now too. We are in the process of reserving another block of rooms so that we don't have to worry about prices rising.

OK Guys we also officially have 6 points for amenities on the cruise. The TA is using one for CHAMPAGNE and CHOCOLATES to be delivered to all of the rooms. We can use the other points for everything from $125 in SHIPBOARD CREDITS to COCKTAIL PARTIES and PICTURES. I personally am leaning towards getting the shipboard credits so that everyone will get items evenly. If there are 2 people in the room each would get $62.50 or if there is 1 person they will get the full $125. How does that sound people? Let me know.

It is official that the meet and greet will take place in Miami for 1 hour at the hotel and then we will have reservations at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company for dinner. This will be a fun way for everyone to feel comfortable meeting each other.

For those of you who have not signed up, e-mail me if you have questions or are interested.

Heather (less than 47 weeks to go...YIPPEE!!!)
Old June 13th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

HI HEATHER
I READ YOUR MESSAGE AND AM INTERESTED. I'M A BIT OLDER THAN 50 THOUGH. WHERE DOES THE SHIP LEAVE FROM, WHICH PORT?
Old June 13th, 2004, 09:56 PM

This sounds great. Is everyone a regular on the Cruisemates singles board? I hope so!

Old June 14th, 2004, 12:37 AM
hwireman

Suzy

I will e-mail you.

Pat

If they weren't before they sure are hearing about this board now. I think this is the most informative site out there. Most of the people are so nice.

Heather
Old June 14th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Duke-r

HELLO
MY FELLOW VALOR CRUSEMATES SCHEDULED TO HAVE SOME FUN AND SUNNY DAYS IN THE EASTERN CARIBBEAN ON MAY 8? 11 MONTHS ARE JUST AROUND THE CORNER ( I'M READY NOW HEATHER!! HAHAHA)

A RIGHTOUS TIME WE ARE ALL GOING TO HAVE!!!!!!!

HEATHER, I VOTE FOR SHIPBOARD CREDITS BUT AM FLEXIBLE I AM GOING TO BE ON VACATION RIGHT!!

PAT, I'VE BEEN ON YOUR WEB PAGE AFTER MY FIRST CRUISE THIS YEAR VOS 4/04 I WISH I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN TO YOUR PAGE BEFORE MY FIRST.........
ANYWAY I CONTINUE TO THANK YOU FOR INCREASING MY LEARNING CURVE TO CRUISING
IF ANYONE IS THINKING ABOUT OR JUST WANTING TO GO ON A CRUSE CHECK OUT CRUISEMATES.COM....AWESOME INFORMATION AND SOME REALLY COOL PEOPLE MANY I HOPE TO MEET MAY 8,2005

SUZY, THE NUMBER TO BE CONCERN WITH IS WHAT TIME WE ( MEANING YOU TOO! ) THE PORT OF MIAMI, RIGHT!!!
Old June 15th, 2004, 09:30 AM

Suzy, thanks for the kind words. Makes it all worthwhile! And let me know if I can ever help you in any way.

Happy cruising!

Old June 16th, 2004, 07:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hello,

The prices quoted in your ad is that booked through your or a travel agent? Is so, who? Who makes the decision on two people sharing a cabin?

Thanks, Darlene
Old June 16th, 2004, 02:36 PM
hwireman

Hi Darlene

The price is what we booked through our TA. I am not a TA nor am I affiliated with an agency. When we found out about the price of a group booking and the perks we just decided to go that route. Luckily lots of people enjoy cruising and know this is a great deal and are signing on with us. The more the merrier.

As for roomies...You pick who you want to room with and if you want to room with anyone at all. Some people are even going triple and quad. Others don't want a roomie period. If I have someone who is looking for a roomie I just ask if they want me to give their e-mail out to someone who is booked and also looking for a roomie. I don't just randomly pick people and say, "hey you have to live with this person for a week." I don' t think that would work. When you call Vicky the TA she just has you put down a deposit for the room type you want and then puts TBA on the other occupant. Once you know who you are rooming with it gets changed to the correct booking. But once you put down your deposit you know the prices won't go up on you.

I will e-mail you Darlene with the agents name and contact info. She is awesome and you can ask her any questions you need without feeling like you are bothering her. She is really nice.

Hope you are going to join us.
Heather
Old June 18th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Duke-

REFRESH POST MAY 8 2005 GROUP CRUISE
Old June 25th, 2004, 01:19 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to CZodda

Hi all!

I was just over to the Carnival Cruise board, and somebody had posted about something I think you all might be interested in.

Now, I'm not much of a drinker (I do like to try the drink of the day though ;-)) but somebody was posting about an Alcoholic Drink Card that Carnival offers. It's apparently $250.00 for the week. Wouldn't be worth it for me, but I thought it might be good for those of us who do like to partake ;-)

Here's the thing though.....the poster mentions that Carnival only offers it to groups of 30 or more (Heather - how many are we altogether now? Do you think that Vicky could look into this for the group?), but they sometimes make exceptions for groups of at least 15 (please double-check the post on the Carnival board to be sure).

Hope this info is helpful, and that those of you who like to drink can get it. Have a super weekend everyone!

Cathy Z

Old June 25th, 2004, 04:12 PM
hwireman

Hi Cathy
Hey thanks for bringing this up.

When we booked this cruise initially we checked on Alcohol Card. Here is the way it was explained to me to the best of my memory. (ok-I should point out my memory is not the best ) We will have the option for the group to purchase this card since it looks as if we will definitely have the number of people going. The thing is that at least 15 people would have to be interested in buying it. If only 14 people bought it then no one could buy it most likely. Now I have done said that I will buy one if it would help all of the people who wanted it to get one. The only people who have told me that they want one for sure are Keith, Mindy, Jamie, Cindy, Ron and Vicky. So that is 6 but we would need 9 more for sure. You add me and that would be 7.

Now if you think in 7 days and nights that you would drink more than $35 a day in alcohol, you will want the card. If you are one who will at most drink 2 or 3 drinks, then the card would not be the best way to go.

I will not be pushing the card on the group. I do think it is one of the perks of being a part of the group and that people should take advantage of it, if it will pay off for them. The other nice thing about it is that they don't get a BIG surprise on the last day of the cruise from the S&S Card. Two people who are going said that their S&S Card came to $900 in drinks for the two of them. If they would have had the Alcohol card then they would have saved $400.

If you are wanting the Alcohol Card you just need to let Vicky know before February when you make your final payment.

To all of you who have already joined the group...Keep in touch and can't wait for May.

To all of you who are thinking about joining...Hope you join and happy sailing.

Heather
Old June 28th, 2004, 01:34 PM
First Mate

HI CATHY Z ! HI HEATHER!

THANK YOU FOR THE ADDITIONAL UPDATE ON THE LIQUID REFRESHMENTS
I AM MORE OF AN EXOTIC MOCKTAIL PERSON MYSELF
BUT IF THERE IS ONE SHORT FOR A DEAL I'M IN FOR THE VALOR GROUP CRUISE
I'M GETTING ANTZ ALREADY!!!!!

DUKE
Old July 7th, 2004, 01:34 PM
First Mate

Any updates to the Valor cruise Mother's day May 8th
Refreshing site
Old July 7th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Passenger

This sounds like a great cruise with a great group of people. This single Floridian would love to join the group.

Heather, can you email me the details, travel agent being used, etc. Thanks!

KathySmithFL@aol.com

Kathy
Old July 8th, 2004, 02:06 PM
First Mate

Hello Heather Just checking in!!
Hope to welcome Kathy ( Oops... Hello Kathy) soon!

I know this going to be a great cruise!!!!

Duke
Old July 8th, 2004, 02:39 PM
hwireman

HI KATHY

YOU WILL HAVE MAIL

Hey all you other cruisers...jump on board with all the rest of us fun cruisers. Going to be great!

Heather
Old July 8th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the welcome, Duke and Heather! Where in Florida are you, Duke?

I'll be calling Vicky tomorrow (Friday) to book. How does the "group" booking thing work? Do they put us all together as a group for dining? Do we have a choice of cabins to book, or is it just a certain block of cabins that have been reserved?

This will be my fourth cruise---once on Celebrity Xenith, once on Royal Caribbean Nordic Empress and once on the now-defunct Dolphin line. Have heard a lot of good and bad about Carnival, so I thought I'd try it out for myself. Actually, I'm ready for a cruise NOW!

Kathy

KathySmithFL@aol.com
Old July 9th, 2004, 06:55 AM
First Mate

Hi Kathy,
Your going to like the TA Vicky!!
Welcome aboard!! I live in West Palm Beach, 67. 8 miles from the Port of Miami as you can see I am ready also...

Duke

ps. Heather your Soooo !!! Right we are going to have FUN on
Valor Group Cruise May 8th!!
Old July 10th, 2004, 10:51 AM
hwireman

Duke-

I have said it before and I will say it again...Of Course I Am Right---I AM FEMALE!!!

Kathy-

So glad you have decided to join. Are you going to be needing a roomie or are you all set sailing single? What type of room did you get? Don't forget you will be getting $125 shipboard credit also per room. Are you going to join us in Miami on the 7th for the meet and greet? Let me know.

I am sssoooo excited! Can ya tell???

Heather