Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 16th, 2004, 10:33 PM
baysic

Default 5 night cruise victory to canada 7/31

My friend and I were thinking about going on the 5 night carnival victory cruise leaving new york on 7/31 going to canada . We found the cruise on singlescruise.com. From what I've read it seems that certain cruises have a tendency for younger/older crowds. Just wondering if anyone has gone on/is going on this specific cruise and what the approximate avg. age group may be.
we are both 27
Sponsored Links
Old June 16th, 2004, 11:46 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: 5 night cruise victory to canada 7/31

My experience on this type of singles cruise is an age range of 26-35. But how about it, singles? Many of you have been on these cruises so what did you think was the average age?
Old June 21st, 2004, 03:18 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

I was just wondering this same thing myself - I am not traveling alone, but am a single person and was begining to get very worried that most of the other poeple on the ship would be married and much older. I read elsewhere that the average age on this type of cruise (not to the Carribean or a similar destination) was around 55 and I was thinking that I made a mistake and would be much younger than most on the cruise.
Pat - I hope that your estimate is accurate - we are in our 20s and really hope there are some other poeple in our age range.

We shall see..

Carey

Old June 21st, 2004, 06:20 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: Re: 5 night cruise victory to canada 7/31

Carey, I hope my estimate is accurate also. Please post here on the singles message board when you return and let us know.

Have a wonderful cruise!
Old June 27th, 2004, 09:51 PM
aqualady

I will be going on this cruise also. The main reason I chose it is because it is offered at about the only time in the summer that I can go. I know I want to go with a singles group this time since I have already been on 3 other cruises by myself or with a matched roommate, and while I still had a great time, I really wanted to try cruising with an organized singles group this time.

But the letters in this thread have turned out to be a minor concern for me - I am 46 years old! Pat, an age range of 26 to 35 seems very narrow to me, but you are the one who knows. Please don't get me wrong. I would welcome many people in their twenties as long as there are also a few who are in their thirties and forties and also (gasp!) their fifties, (or older)! I am definitely a night person, and though I wouldn't say I am a "wild partier", I will definitely dance the night away! I hope all of us who are in this singles group will find the age range that we are most comfortable with. But I guess I have to prepare myself for the possibility of there being only people in their 20's. I just hope they all will accept me and we all will still have a great time. I know I must sound like I'm paranoid about age, but really I will just be glad to be in a group that is not all honeymooners, or couples and their children! So anyone, please give me any feedback regarding this that you can.