Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2004, 02:44 PM
Passenger

Default Group Cruise for Single 40-60 yr olds

Hello out there!

Is there any interest for a group cruise for singles in the 40 to 60 yr age group? Perhaps to the Mediterrean next summer?

If there is enough interest, I will coordinate and get the best rates, perks, etc.

I'm in my early 50s and I'm having a hard time finding groups in this age bracket.

LInda

Post Edited (08-22-04 14:47)
Sponsored Links
Old August 22nd, 2004, 03:30 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to CZodda
Default Re: Group Cruise for Single 40-60 yr olds

Hi Linda,

I'm a single 41(soon to be 42) year old, and I love the idea of a cruise to Europe! What part of the summer were you thinking of? I like September, but I know that might be kind of late in the season.

Please let us know when you have more information about the itinerary and the sail date.

Have a great week ahead,

Cathy in NYC

Old August 22nd, 2004, 03:53 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Group Cruise for Single 40-60 yr olds

Hi Cathy,

I'm also talking to Heather about the Valor Cruise, like you are, but I'm trying to get a group of people in our age group for the Mediterranean, so we can be assured of people our age on board.

As soon as I get more people I will get some prices and let you know. It will be sometime after the Valor Cruise.

We'll talk soon!!

Linda
Old August 23rd, 2004, 10:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Linda: I would be most interested in a Med cruise next summer, preferably, the French Riviera, Greece, Spain, Portugal, etc. Please keep me in mind. Thanks....Patricia
Old August 23rd, 2004, 11:13 AM
croozbabe

Hi Linda,

Count me in too!! I'm a young-looking 52 and am dying to go to the Med and Greek Isles. I have my eye on a cruise in June on the Brilliance of the Seas roundtrip from Barcelona which stops at Nice, 3 ports in Italy, Mykonos, and Santorini. It would be fantastic if a group could be organized for our age group. And hopefully we could match up people to share cabins - that's my main problem. I need someone to share a balcony cabin with me so I don't have to pay the outrageous single supplement.

Debbie
Old August 23rd, 2004, 12:59 PM
Passenger

Hi Linda,

I am leaning toward taking the Grand Princess May 02, 2005 - to the Med/ Greek Isles. I am female, 45. Always looking for fellow cruisers in this age group. Please keep my e-mail address on file should you decide on a cruise. Thanks. BB
Old August 23rd, 2004, 08:10 PM
First Mate

Linda H
I am very Interested in a group cruise to the Mediterranean next late summer I am doing a Group cruise in May on Valor

Duke
Old August 23rd, 2004, 09:16 PM
First Mate

Duke my good man! How excellent to see you are considering this as well! I hope that this works out....I've always wanted to cruise the Mediterranean. Yes I think late summer would be a good time too....it'll give us a chance to gear up after the Valor, which should be most memorable as well :-D

If this works out, what an awesome year of cruises we will be having!

Have a great evening everyone!

Cathy

Old August 23rd, 2004, 09:44 PM
Passenger

Now we're getting the spirit!!! So great to see it!!

Hello everyone! Right now I'm gathering some information about the cruises and any group rates and perks and as soon as I know something more definite, I'll let you guys know.

I've listed both the Valor cruise and the Mediterranean cruise on our intranet at work and I've already gotten some responses there, also.

I'm seeing two basic types of cruises out there. One type leaves from one port and returns to another, which would cost us all more in airfare and the other leaves and returns from the same port. However, the first type stops at more ports than the second, so it may be worth the additional money. I mean, how OFTEN does one GO TO THE MEDITERRANEAN, anyway????I've seen the first type on a little more upscale cruise lines. What do you guys think?

Linda
Old August 23rd, 2004, 10:13 PM
hwireman

Linda

I like the idea of more ports as long as you can spend a quality amount of time exploring. I have seen where almost every day you are in port but for only 5 or so hours at each one.

But...the bottom line is...I want to see the Mediterranean. Glorious. I am counting myself in even though I don't quite reach your advertised age criteria. Just tell me how much money I need to start saving when I get back from the beautiful Caribbean.

Could we talk about an Australian adventure when we get back from the Mediterranean???

Heather
Old August 23rd, 2004, 10:30 PM
First Mate

I am Getting Misty!!!!
I have some fellow cruisers ( H AND C ) that's Awesome!!!!!!
WE will be Talking Soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Duke
Old August 24th, 2004, 08:08 AM
ILuvCruisin

Hi to all:
I have someone who went on a Med cruise in June on the Love Boat. She loved it and her pics are spectacular. Glad to see so many are interested. I have been dreaming about one ever since she returned. and now Duke says that he's interested. I couldn't ask for more. Greece, Italy, Spain....and Duke I can just see it all now. I had a fax about a special Carnival is running for July. Should I check it out?

Lillie
Old August 24th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Group Cruise for Single 40-60 yr olds

Hi Linda: Agree!!!! Let's Go!!!! Keep in touch, Patricia
Old August 24th, 2004, 10:36 AM
steve j

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Group Cruise for Single 40-60 yr olds

HI Patricia, Im interested in the swingers cruise. Let me know more about
it.
Old August 24th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Passenger

Hi everybody!!!

Well, so far there are nine or ten of us interested and continuing to grow...

Me
Amanda, who works with me
Cathy Zodda
Patricia
Croozbabe - Debbie
Babybear
DUKE!
Heather
Lillie
and Steve Jordan

I want this to be the best cruise experience yet and I would like to make it a historical educational experience, also, so bear with me with I gather some info and do some planning...

Just imagine seeing some of the greatest wonders of Europe with some of your best cruise buddies to share it with...I can't wait!!!

I'll get back to ya'll soon...

Linda
Old August 24th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Passenger

Okay, you cruisin' fools...

I'm thinking September or later (but before Thanksgiving) so that the (1)Valor cruisers will have a change to recuperate (sp?)(2) we can get better prices and maybe better perks...

And I'm thinking that we should see Italy, France, Greece, Spain and more, if possible...what do you guys want to see?

Still looking at stuff..

I need some feedback about this timeframe, so that, if it doesn't work for the majority, we can look at other times...

Waiting to hear...

Linda
Old August 24th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

I was thinking of summer, like July, August, but September is okay too; I also think we should be serious about keeping it within our age group --40-60... And how about adding Portugal to the list... I especially want to cruise the French Riviera etc.... Later...
Old August 24th, 2004, 01:48 PM
hwireman

OK for me it will be one year before I can go again. Summers are out due to a majority of my events are in this time. If I can't do this one I will just sit out and wait for the next one. I go to Vegas frequently so my Cruise weeks are only going to be once a year. BooHoo for me. I will keep watch for the time you guys end up choosing and see if I can swing it though. You never know with me.

Heather

PS With Cathy, Duke and Linda going you are all sure to have the best of times. I just know it.
Old August 24th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Passenger

Patricia,

I, too, would love to see Portugal, but there are very, very few cruises that include Lisbon, or any other city in Portugal. I saw one, but it was VERY pricey and it didn't include the French Riviera or Rome.

I agree that we should try to keep it as close to our age group as possible, however, I will make a few "exceptional" exceptions, i.e., fellow previous cruisemates....it is really hard to find anything for singles in our age group and, surely, our age group must be growing, due to us baby-boomers...

Heather,

So, I'm confused...are you okay with September or later, or is that not a good time? I want to include everyone who wants to go, if possible. What months are you calling "summer"? Maybe I'll meet you sometime in Vegas. For me it's only a 5-6 hour drive and I just bought a new car...Somehow it'll work out...

C'mon Duke and you other guys...let me hear from you...this is a collective effort, so we can get the most of what we ALL want, if possible...
Old August 24th, 2004, 05:05 PM
First Mate

da-da- de-S-e-p-t-e-m-b-e-r!! My Fellow Cruisemates!!!
Tis, this interlude shall be extra-ordinary Ladies ....hahahahaha!!! ( I didn't forget you Steve)
My decision is easy foward motion all

Duke
Old August 24th, 2004, 05:28 PM
hwireman

Don't worry about excluding me. It is all good. What ever date you guys decide on go for it. Once I see the date I will do my best to go also. Who knows, maybe I will win the lottery and I will go on a cruise in June, July, August, Sept and on and on and on. Wait a minute...if I win the lottery I will just buy myself a fully crewed yacht. There ya go.

Seriously, you won't be able to meet everyone's needs so do what you think is best and then I will work on it.

Duke, why am I not at all surprised to see ya here? You are going to become a legend upon the single cruising ladies.

Heather
Old August 24th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Passenger

Totally cool, Duke!!! Thanks for the feedback about September!!
Old August 24th, 2004, 07:46 PM
First Mate

Hi Linda,

I love September best - it's my birthday month :-D but October would work too. Basically anything from September till just before Thanksgiving is OK with me. In my job (reinsurance) from Thanksgiving till the end of January is a Bozo No-No for vacation time! And I love all the ports you were suggesting - just perfect!

Have a great night all!

Cathy

P.S. OK now.......how many of us remember watching Bozo ;-)

Old August 24th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Passenger

Hi Cathy,

When is your birthday? I hope we'll be cruisin' for it!

Yeah, I'm trying for anytime up to Thanksgiving.

Of course I remember Bozo the Clown with his bushy red hair!!!

I think we just christened this the "Boomer Crooze"!!! What do you guys think? Maybe we should start a "Boomer Crooze Line"??? We can all get together and have Boomer trivia, like :

What was Sky King's niece's name?

Thanks for your feedback and I'll keep you updated.

Linda
Old August 24th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Passenger

Okay guys, I like to put a face to the names and personalities, so here I am. My hair is just straighter now than in the picture and I don't have bangs anymore.

If anyone else wants to add a picture, just click the browse button by the attachment field and locate your picture on your computer before you post.

Here's looking at ya', kids!!

Linda

Sorry, I don't look very happy in this picture...

Post Edited (08-24-04 20:34)

Old August 24th, 2004, 09:56 PM
hwireman

Linda

You are so pretty!!! I am gonna miss you on the Valor but I am going to be watching for the date on here. Don't forget Australia for 2006 either!!!

Heather
Old August 25th, 2004, 09:09 AM
First Mate

Hi Linda,

My birthday is September 10th

I like the idea of adding pictures in the attachments area. Heather and I were just talking about that last night as a matter of fact. I will try to drum up one of my own over the weekend and scan it in so everybody can see my mug too :-D

By the way Heather is right - you look very pretty in that picture!

Have a great day everyone!

Cathy

Old August 25th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Passenger

Heather and Cathy,

Thanks so much for the WONDERFUL compliments!!! You don't know how much they means to me right now...

Cathy, I'll keep your birthday in mind while I am looking...it would be great to have a birthday on board!!!

Fellow Boomer Croozers, let's get some pictures to put with the personalities, OK?

Linda
Old August 25th, 2004, 12:10 PM
First Mate

Dear Linda,

HEAVEN IS Missing an Angel!!!!!

Duke

Ps. You know I am going to try and make the next Photo a Happy Face, Right!!!!
Old August 25th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Passenger

Oh, Duke!

You're such a Southern Gentleman!!! Ladies we're lucky to have him going along, don't you agree???

I promise, I'll smile for the next picture...

Linda