Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Passenger

Default Singlecruise.com/November

Anyone going on this cruise? (November 27th to western Caribbean). I haven't booked yet, but thinking about it. Let me know.
Chris.
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Whiteknight

Default Re: Singlecruise.com/November

I'm not going on this cruise, but I am going with this agency on another cruise. Any cruise at any time is good, in my opinion, and I'm sure this cruise will be no exception. However, there are a couple of things you need to know about this cruise to make a decision. First of all, this is a 5 day cruise for $499 plus port charges and taxes. If you looked at their list of cruises, you should be aware that they offer several 7 day cruises for the same price. Secondly, Grand Cayman is closed to cruiseship traffic for the winter due to the hurricane damage, so you will either spend an extra day at sea or go to the Florida Keys, more than likely. I don't think there is enough time to get to Mexico and even if there was, there is no substitute for the stingrays of Grand Cayman. If you miss Grand Cayman, you've missed the highlight of the western caribbean. As I said, there is no such thing as a bad cruise to me, but I wouldn't consider the western caribbean before next spring. But if you go, you'll have fun.
Old September 20th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Mary O

Thanks for the info! I needed it as well. I recently booked the November 27- Dec. 2 Thanksgiving cruise thru them and I've been kinda nervous. Just left a message for my travel agent re: Whiteknight's tip on the Grand Caymon possibly being closed due to the hurricane so if I find out anything, I'll let everyone know.

~ Mary
Old September 21st, 2004, 10:12 AM
vinny

going to the eastern carib--on carnival-nov 28th-8 firefighters-victory-

Old September 21st, 2004, 03:20 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Singlecruise.com/November

Hi Whiteknight, thanks for those info. I agree with you about the stingrays, I "met" them in my first cruise and I'll never forget. I'm trying to find a cruise on November, because I have to take my vacations at this time. I'm gonna try talk to my boss and postpone it to January. My biggest concern about this Thanksgivin cruise is if there'll be more families on board than singles. My last cruise was on June to Mexico (Carnival Pride) and I had a lot of fun.
Thanks for the information.
Chris :-)
Old September 22nd, 2004, 09:19 AM
Mary O

Hi Chris,

Believe me, I understand your concerns regarding the families b/c I did research on that as well. Thanksgiving falls on 11/24/04 so schools are closed Thursday & Friday only. Kids are supposed to be back on Monday and I'm thinking to have your kid miss school for 4 additional days just to be on a cruise (ship returns on Dec. 2nd) isn't such a wise decision. I'm sure there will still be lots of families but not as much as X-mas vacation, spring break or in the summertime.

Hope I'm correct and I hope this helps.

~ Mary
Old September 22nd, 2004, 03:36 PM
Passenger

Thanks Mary, for your help. I've got your email today, but still thinking about it, because I've alredy been in this situation before (enclosed by families and couples), it wasn't such a big deal, I could have a better cruise. What about the january cruise??
Chris
Old September 22nd, 2004, 08:30 PM
Whiteknight

Well, I don't have any insight into cruising around Thanksgiving, since i've never cruised in that time period. I'm cruising with Singlescruise.com on January 16th on the Carnival Valor because I've always found that to be a good time for me to get away. I also like the Bahamas, St Thomas and St Maarten at that time of year and if you lose one of them due to severe hurricane damage from the fall, it's not that far to go to a substitute port in the eastern caribbean. Also, the fact that the Valor is brand new and beginning it's cruise life in December was another plus for me.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 08:39 PM
First Mate

Christy:
I went to the southern caribbean last Thanksgiving on the Celebrity Summit. Been on 13 cruises, but this was my first traveling solo. I had the time of my life. There were many singles on board. Most commented that they wanted to take advantage of the extra time off from work without using additional vacation days. I am planning a cruise to Hawaii this Thanksgiving and am still looking for a cabinmate. I have a post on this board, in case you may be interested in joining me. Bottom line is the cruise is what you make of it. Go with a positive, carefree attitude and you'll have a blast!
Ann
Old October 11th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Laura Beach

I just booked Thanksgiving week on NCL and am flying solo. I hope it is more singles taking advantage of the 3-day work week like I am. And if it's not and a bunch of kids....well I'll have an easier time finding people to play Marco Polo in the pool! ;-)
Old October 22nd, 2004, 11:15 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to pixseal

Hi, I'm booked on the Carnival Imagination, 11/27-12/02. I was just reading this thread about the Cayman Is. being closed to cruise ships. Will Carnival likely announce an alternate port prior to sailing?

Old October 27th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Anthony R Smith

Hey, I was looking to get away on Nov. 27 thru Dec. 2. But the cruise I heard about was the rock n roll cruise leaving from miami and going thru the gulf and into mexico. The headline acts are going to be journey,styx,and reo speedwagon. If this sounds good drop me an e-mail. I got the cake to book for a week but no one to room with.
Old November 2nd, 2004, 09:35 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Singlecruise.com/November

You may have singles onboard, but you can count on lots of kids. It's a "family" holiday.