Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2004, 08:57 PM
scott and cheryl

Default singles cruise...as a couple?

Hi all. Hi CruiseMates people. Luv your web site.

I promised my girlfriend Cheryl if she quit smoking on her one-year smoke-free anniversary I would buy her a deluxe cruise anywhere in the world. Shockingly, she took me up the offer and has indeed gone cold turkey.

Although I have a year to plan the trip, this will be our first cruise so I have begun the education process early. We're both 40 and neither of us has children - and our ideal cruise would be child-free (romance and screaming kids are not compatible, my apologies to those who have worked hard to overpopulate the planet).

So the first question is: Are there any cruise lines that offer adults-only trips? By "adult" I do not mean "swingers/wife swappers/lifestylers" - just no children.

I understand that's probably not possible, even with the smaller WindStar ships, so the closest thing seems to be the "singles cruise" concept. Those are the kind of people we would most enjoy being around. So the next question is: If we book a trip on a singles cruise, how can we arrange to be in the cabin together? Of the few registration pages I've looked at, there seems to be no way to add a specific passenger to your cabin.

Thank you and happy cruising!
Scott and Cheryl
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Passenger

Default Re: singles cruise...as a couple?

There is a cruise line that has "Adults only" cruises on occasion--- but, darn that senior moment, I can't remeber which one it was. It was either Princess, Celebrity or HAL. I've seen them advertise those cruises before.
When you book your cruise you'll be asked for the names of the passengers in your cabin. Cruise lines allow up to 4 people in a cabin.
Since this is your 1st cruise, you should work with a good TA.
Old September 28th, 2004, 09:09 AM
First Mate

Scott:
Celebrity Cruises offers "Adults Only" cruises every now and again. You have to look for them. I would avoid Carnival at all costs. Also, I have found that on the more upscale cruiselines (e.g., Crystal) there tends to be less children because the cost of the cruise is higher; but the extra special touches are worth the extra.
Ann
Old October 5th, 2004, 11:00 AM
wildjen68

You can try singlescruise.com everyone is adult in the group and we have seprate dining with the group no kids and plus we have our own activites and excursions an it's all ages something that you can check out.
Jen/ct