Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 1st, 2004, 02:22 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Hit by hurricane...again!

Hi everyone,

This is the first time I've been able to get online since Hurricane Jeanne struck
Vero Beach last Saturday. Unbelievably, the eye crossed the same path as Frances only three weeks earlier. The stories you saw in the paper and on TV only partially tell of the massive destruction we have suffered here. Hopefully, my power will be restored (I'm borrowing someone else's computer for the moment) and I can soon be back at work and enjoying communicating with all you great single cruisers here on Cruisemates!

Pat Hagan, Singles Editor
Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2004, 10:09 AM
hwireman

Default Re: Hit by hurricane...again!

Wow Pat

It is so good to hear from you. I have been really concerned about these hurricanes pounding on the people I know in Florida. All we can do in Ohio is keep our fingers crossed that all are safe and in good hands.

I have to say that when I see all the people on here griping about their cruises not visiting certain ports or other trivial matters I really get steamed. Don't people know the devastation these hurricanes caused? They chose to go on a cruise during hurricane season and they are quite frankly in a position where they should should just be thankful to get to go on a cruise. I know just in Port Charlotte that Lila and Vanessa have been off work a huge amount due to damage to where they work. Then there is the damage to their homes and the drastic change in comfort levels of water and electric. No work means no pay which means no money for bills. Hello people!!! That is not even talking places where there has been loss of lives. Let's remember what is important. Getting to visit Grand Caymen is not it.

So once again I am so glad to hear from you and just hang on. I will let out a big "WHOOP" when I see you post on here again since I will know that means you are back in the world of the electric.

Can't wait to hear from you.

Heather