Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 7th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Jenjen

Default singlescruise.com roomate service

Can anyone who booked a cruise through singlescruise.com asking for a roommate tell me how it worked out? Were you given any info about the person before you arrived at the ship, etc? I am sailing on the New Year's cruise, and I am very excited but a little nervous about the whole roommate thing...
Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2004, 12:13 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: singlescruise.com roomate service

It depends on the agency but usually cabin mates are paired only according to gender and smoking prefererences. And you probably won't know anything beyond that until you meet onboard, as agencies don't normally put cabin mates in touch with each other prior to the cruise.

Sometimes sharing with a stranger works out and you might even become friends and future "cruise mates." But sometimes it can be a miserable experience. As I always tell people -- sharing a cabin with a stranger is a crap shoot.

Old December 6th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Heather T

I went on singlescruise.com with a random roommate and she was great! They didn't tell me anything about her before the cruise but there is a message board that everyone goes to before the cruise (it's set up only for people on the cruise) and I found out who my roommate was by asking if there were any females that had a random roommate on the Empress deck... we talked a few times before we cruised, got along fabulously during the cruise and I went to visit her in Florida this summer... we still keep in touch. I didn't hear of anyone who hated their roommate since everyone is there to have a good time so you're not really in your room that much and roommates don't really matter! Good luck!! I encourage you to go... I had a blast!!!
Old December 7th, 2004, 01:37 PM
spaceguy

I went on a singlescruise cruise and had a great roommate. We didn't meet until we saw each other in the room.

I think most get along but they do have coordinators with the group and if there is a problem, speak to them early and I know they have been able to switch people around.

I went on another cruise with another company that matched singles with roommates and it turned out okay too.
Old December 18th, 2004, 05:37 PM
TomS

Sometimes it works good, othertimes it doesn't. For the most part, I've done well in the roommate game. I did have one roommate, though, who was a little less than considerate. It wasn't major, but I will give a hint: If you have a roommate, do not assume he/she is asleep when they are lying in their bed.

TomS