Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to W8ngqitly
Default Over 50 singles

I am a fun loving 53 divorced male. I have never taken a cruise, I assumed the the singles on cruises would be much younger or older. I a planing my 1st, can I expect to meet a reasonable number of travelers within an age range to enjoy & share life experiences. I relate well with most any interesting individual, but honestly I think we all are drawn to those people mostly likely to understand us.
Sponsored Links
Old November 9th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Fat_n_lovely

Default Re: Over 50 singles

I am a single female soon to be 50. I've been on several cruises solo and have had a really enjoyable time on all of them. So far the best when I went alone was Holland America (HAL) and Carnival. Princess was okay, thank goodness I was with a friend on that one though. It wasn't as well suited for a older single person. Fear not, I've always found interesting people of all ages to talk with onboard, and most are genuine and nice.
Old November 9th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Over 50 singles

Ah, whoever thought that anyone would be over 50 and alone? Age is just a number. I think meeting people is more of a "personal attitude." If you are nice and outgoing, then you will attract the same.

Go ahead and book that cruise! You'll have a great time!

Cheers,
"Zia"

Carnival Spirit New Year's Cruise!
Old November 11th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Nancy/Chicago

I turned 50 last year and just signed up for my first singles cruise (with singlescruise.com) ... Our cruise is 1/16/05 on Carnival Valor and are currently all 'meeting' on our own message board (set up by singlescruises). Altho many people are in their 30's there are a good handful of 50+ ... Mostly women, you'll be happy to know!

Previously I'd just cruised 'as a single' and, as nice as everyone is, it can get a little lonely.

There's also a Mardi Gras cruise in Feb and another pretty much each month thru June.

Also, VacationsToGo.com also just started singles cruises. If you'd prefer a line other than Carnival, you might try them.

Good luck! I know you'll have fun.

Nancy
Old November 13th, 2004, 10:18 AM
Deanna Hansen

I'm a 62 year old professional entertainer who hasn't taken a real vactaion since I cruised on Holland America's Statendam in '95.

I'm hoping to find an appropriate cruise where I can meet single fellows from 55-70. I'd also like to make new female friends. Any suggestions?

I'm new to the computer and don't know how to send pictures without help.

Songbird
Old November 14th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Yeoman

Check out my articles on single cruising in the Singles section of Cruisemates. Also, the 2005 Singles Cruise Calendar will be posted soon. Perhaps you will find a cruise to fit your schedule. Good luck.

Old November 20th, 2004, 08:02 PM
Beginner

Hello,
Nancy; I am getting ready to book the same cruise you mentioned. I have a few questions before I actually book, I already missed the cheap price, but still am very interested.
If you or someone else on that cruise would please email me, I would love it.
Thanks and have a great day everyone.
D
Old November 23rd, 2004, 12:39 PM
Nancy/Chicago

D - please email questions to me at nlptes at Yahoo.com

nancy
Old November 28th, 2004, 06:37 PM
bqck

I found cruise boring in the evening mostly families with the majority older couples.
Lonely might be more descriptive than boring. No males to dance with at various cafes and lounges on broad ship.

Found singlecruise in paper. I was informed Carnival is fun/party cruise