Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2005, 01:33 PM
LisaV

Default NCL Sun, Freestyle & the Solo Traveler

Has anyone traveled solo on NCL, specifically the Sun? How does Freestyle dining work for someone on their own? Will you get seated at a table with other singles, other people or alone.
I'm thinking of going on the Sun in Jan '06 and was wondering about this. Everything else I can handle solo, I'd prefer to dine with someone, anyone (ok almost anyone) else.

Thanks,
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: NCL Sun, Freestyle & the Solo Traveler

Free style dining can be tough for singles. See the maitri d' as soon as you board and ask him (or her) if he (or she) can help connect you with others traveling solo. And there is usually a get-acquainted party the first night. Check the daily schedule that you will find in your cabin for time and place.
Old March 8th, 2005, 03:09 PM
lil_xxmissyxx

I had a blast on NCL Sun, and I went alone. I made so many friends, dining is freestyle, so when you go in, they will ask you if you would like to dine with others or alone. Some mornings I felt like sitting alone and drinking my coffee, others i joined. But by day 1 I wasn't alone anyway, I had made so many friends on board. You have nothing to worry about. Just go to the pool bar, and be yourself.
Old March 9th, 2005, 07:34 AM
LisaV

Thanks for the help, still deciding if I want to go Carnival Valor-Western (loved it in Jan) or go NCL Sun-Western (similar route). I'm glad to hear that there are lines other than Carnival where singles have it easier, it allows one more options and more experiences!

Lisa
Old March 12th, 2005, 03:14 AM

Freestyle is good as you can eat when you want. They usually sit people first come first serve so no you dont have to dine alone but if the cruise is mostly couples then you get stuck with couples. Most of the couples are nice though. As far as I know they didnt have a singles only table.
Old March 15th, 2005, 08:23 AM
LisaV

Oh well, looks like it won't matter, NCL isn't very single friendly. I can get a Carnival 8 day + airfare (DTW-SAN) for the price of an NCL cruise. What a shame, I really wanted to try this line, guess it'll have to wait till I find someone willing to cruise with me.

Lisa
Old March 15th, 2005, 07:06 PM
Jo T

Lisa,
I am booked on the Sun for the 4/9 sailing. I am a single female traveling with a single female friend. We are in the 45-60 age range. If you want, I can let you know how it went.

Jo
Old March 21st, 2005, 05:31 PM
Passenger

I have sailed 3 times solo on NCL and had a great time on all of them. Most everyone I meet were vary nice and I enjoyed there company. Freestyle Dinning is a great way to meet lots of people!! If you meet some people you want to dine with again you just make arrangments with them to dine again. I have gone by myself but I have never been alone!!! Hope this helps!!!