Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Claude

Default Single's cruise info

I am recently divorced and live in Connecticut. Have cruised out of NYC to various destinations but never on a single's cruise. I would love to meet someone to just have fun with and this seems like a good place to do it, but I've never cruised on a single's cruise before. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated on any cruises departing from the Northeast area during the summer of 2005. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Single's cruise info

Hi Claude,

I'm sailing out of New York on May 29 (7 nights) to the Eastern Carribean (San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola) with cruisingforlove.com. According to Ann Rotman, last year they had about 75 singles mostly from the Northeast (NY, CT, NJ & PA). The singles editor on this site wrote an artical about cruisingforlove. This will be my first singles cruise also. I happened to get a single cabin for a reasonable price...it's probably next to the kitchen! Perhaps I'll see you there.

Karen
(50 swf)
Old January 20th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Claude

Default Re: Re: Single's cruise info

Thanks for the info Karen. Sounds like a great cruise. I was hoping to get a single cabin myself too. Would you mind telling me what you paid for it? You can email privately if that's more convenient (cwdough@optonline.net). I'm a bit nervous about cruising alone, not really knowing anyone, but I'm sure we would all have loads of fun whether we met someone or not. Keep in touch. The more info I get the more this may become a reality for me!
Claude
(52 swm)
Old January 20th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Single's cruise info

Hi Claude,

I emailed the price to your private address. I've heard the best way for a single person to cruise is to hook up with one of the many singles cruise groups. At the very least, it gives you someone to have dinner with and people to join you on excursions. I was apprehensive at first, but after reading some of the articles on this site, I thought 'how bad could it be'. By the way, I don't think that everyone who books through CFL is looking for the love of their life. According to Pat Hagen, they tend to attract the "more mature, upscale cruisers." Does that mean us?? Singlescruise.com seems to attract the younger party crowd. Whatever decision you make remember, the longer you wait, the more you will pay! I think it's going to be fun!

Karen
Old January 20th, 2005, 05:57 PM
wildjen68

Im have cruised with singlescruise.com 4 times and doing two more this year the mexican riviera and the popular halloween cruise we had 600 last year so they are limiting it to 300 this year.I have had a good time on every cruise that i have been on that's why I keep coming back.I do agrre with karen the later you book the more you pay.You'll find people in every group the partiers and the no partiers in all age ranges. .I get a single room every time I go and it's pretty reasonable if you book early.If you have any questions feel free to e-mail.
Jen/ct
Old March 20th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Okie

So Claude, how old are you, if you don't mind me asking???
Old March 23rd, 2005, 11:49 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to John G

There is a cruise out of NY with singlescruise.com on July 2 or so which goes to a couple of Canandian ports. since it is four or five days only it is relatively inexpensive and from the message boards last year a lot of the people from well whatever you yankees call it the tri state area or something. The CFL one to the carribean sounds good too. I have a singles cruise booked with them for Alaska in August so "we shall see" Karen give a review on here after your CFL cruise to the Caribean...or at singlestravelandcruises@yahoogroups.com.....informal non company site for people wishing to exchange information. The singlescruise.com ones do have bigger groups (ive been on three of em). And I do like the concept of singles groups, but sometimes TOO MANY people is not the advantage you might think, and certain of those cruises have large groups who already know one another so for me it is like BS your way into a group. Not sure what Pat Hagan means about "mature and upscale" on cruising for love (CFL). From data I got on singlescruise.com message boards..........the average age of both men and women is around 45.....smatering of 20s and early 30s a lot between 35 and 50 and then a smattering above 50 (but certainly more than 20s people since it takes a while to have a marraige fail and recover the financial loss involved hahahha). I highly recommend trying the singles group format, because just cruising solo can result in a kind of lonely experience especially if recently divorced....see these in love people and honeymooners and that it almost made me cry a few times. I am going to try several of these singles cruise companies and see how I like em since I already kind of know about singlescruise.com. (which were fine and fun) John/Juan NM usa.

Old March 24th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Laura_D

Hi, Claude! I think we've emailed a couple of times. I am also on the May 29th cruise with cruisingforlove (Ann Rotmans' group) out of NYC going to the Eastern Caribbean. I am a swf (40), and I am SOOO looking forward to this. I have never cruised as a single before, but I think it will be a blast. I am hoping for folks between 38-50-ish, so there are a bunch of folks in my/our age bracket to get to know, enjoy activities with, etc.

I have a roommate (assigned by Ann). I have talked to her quite a few times, and she seems like a great person, but I wouldn't have minded getting my own cabin. It certainly would provide privacy when you just feel like you need it. So, whether you go with a roommate or solo, I sure hope you go!

Email me if you like.. or anyone going on the May 29th NYC cruisingforlove.com cruise, please feel free to!

Looking forward to meeting you all!!

Laura D.