Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Whiteknight

Default Re: LOOKING FOR A CRUISE OF PEOPLE 50 AND OLDER

I don't see any inconsistancy in my statements. Men and women who aren't homosexual or commitphobic enjoy being with each. It not always about sex, but sex is always lurking in the background. It's always possible that Sigmund Freud didn't know what he was talking about. I've been around a long time and I've known hundreds of guys of all ages and sex is always included in the subject matter. Sure we talk about business, sports, entertainment and all kinds of things, but when the testosterone starts flowing, it's all about sex. I think women are pretty smart. I don't think they're like an ostrich and have their heads in the sand. I think they learned about guys either from their mom, or friends in school or in the workplace or somewhere, but I think they know the score. Our society is encouraged to get married and have kids. We enjoy dating and spending time together. Do you really think we can honestly say "Sex never crossed the mind of a normal man and woman sharing a room in the romantic setting of a cruiseship? You do realize that the desire to kiss and hold each other is still part of the sexual experience? Believe whatever you want. I'd just rather be upfront and honest about everything. Bye
Old June 11th, 2005, 03:37 AM
Like to Cruise

Default Re: Re: LOOKING FOR A CRUISE OF PEOPLE 50 AND OLDER

It is very important to be upfront and honest. It is possible that on a cruise under the starlight with the waves crashing on the ship and the clean ocean air clear for miles and miles that two strangers may fall in love and if that occurred they likely would kiss and hold each other.

It would be very nice if in addition to finding a cruise mate a man and woman found love and their spouse. But chances are that the cruise date is going to be just friends for a week, maybe just friends for one week each year, maybe friends that over time become more. Some of these cruise dates may not be dates at all but business trips or platonic friendships. Some of the men may even be gay men who want their family, friends, boss, or coworkers to think they are straight. A man is not being realistic if he expects sex from a stranger. The fact that he is paying for the date does not entitle him to sex. If a woman does not love a man he is not going to get sex and it is unlikely that the two would fall in love in one week.

Remember the couple will be sharing a room not a bed
Old June 11th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Whiteknight

Default Re: LOOKING FOR A CRUISE OF PEOPLE 50 AND OLDER

Well, you've certainly made some good points, but I don't think we're living in the same world. In my world, women aren't the quiet good little girls who never think about the things you see in the movies, on TV, in the clubs, on the beaches and even in schools. In my world, women have a libido, they're worldly, and they enjoy their sexuality. In my world, sex and love aren't the same thing and one can be had without the other without the stigma of some outdated guilt trip. In my world, it's not a sin to be yourself and live your life the way you see fit and not worry about all the judgemental intrusions from all the know-it-alls of the world. I'm one of the growing number of people who don't see sex as something to be ashamed of or pretend it's not a wonderful enjoyable part of life or that you have to be married to enjoy your sexuality. We're just from two different worlds and you enjoy your world with your friends and I'll enjoy my world with my friends and everyone will be happy with their lifestyles.
Old March 28th, 2013, 12:51 AM
Familiar Face

58 yr old straight female looking for cruise partner.

Last edited by storybookcruises.com; November 9th, 2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old March 28th, 2013, 12:52 AM
Familiar Face

looking for cruise mate...single straight female 58...marciaha@care2.com
Old March 30th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Familiar Face

Smile Hello Marciaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciaha View Post
58 yr old straight female looking for cruise partner....marciaha@care2.com
So am I for Jan. 4th 2014 from New York City. Bahamas & Florida - 8 nts on the Carnival Splendor. Interested send me a private message.

Last edited by storybookcruises.com; November 9th, 2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old April 4th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Posts are old

Hello. Is there anything you can do to update your postings - some of which are over 10 years old - and their ship has sailed way too long ago?
Thank you
Old April 4th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default need roomie

I have an inside cabin reserved on the Caribbean Princess sailing August 28, 2013 from England to Baltic ports and then Iceland, Greenland and ending in Brooklyn (14-days) Cost is $2400 plus air (around $500-$600) depending on departure city.

HELP! I need a cabinmate, otherwise it is around $4200 to go single, almost double. There are friends and relatives going on the cruise--a wonderful itinerary, by the way--but they all have their roomies already. I have until June 14 to make a decision and pay for the cruise....if I don't find a roomie, I won't be able to go. We can decide to do things together if very compatible, or go separate ways....after all there is a lot to do and lots of people to do it with.

About me: I am a fit 73, young thinker, fun-loving, humorous, and respectful single lady, well traveled (over 35 cruises all over the world).....my name is Grace and I live in Broomfield, Colorado...if interested, please contact me directly. Please let me know if anyone out there is interested....Thanx

Old April 11th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Familiar Face

Default South Florida 50 y/o SBM

I would like to take a Caribbean cruise in May or June of this year

I'm a Single Black male, 50, fun, friendly, neat, professional...I'm in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area

Old April 21st, 2013, 01:26 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjg View Post
i am a 61 year old felmale and would luv to find a cruise of older people ,,,,,, am a widow and its hard to get out and meet people ........ And i luv to cruise........ Plz let me know tks sally..... Ps live in fl
we have secured some great pricing on a world cruise on canard's qm from southampton jan 10 2014. If you are interested in coming with proposed escourted group of 20 please reply asking for more information.

We are very experinced world traveler, (all 7 continents) who have always made all of our own travel arrangement with a great deal of success
Old April 21st, 2013, 02:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJS View Post
we have secured some great pricing on a world cruise on canard's qm from southampton jan 10 2014. If you are interested in coming with proposed escourted group of 20 please reply asking for more information.

We are very experinced world traveler, (all 7 continents) who have always made all of our own travel arrangement with a great deal of success
Your previous post on another thread said that it is on the QE; this one says the QM...Better get your facts straight...
Old November 8th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Familiar Face

I just turned 60 in July. I am a female and live in Palm Bay, Florida...about an hour to Port Canaveral. I am really itching to go on a cruise soon. Let me know if you might be interested. I can give you more info about myself if you are interested. I dont smoke or drink and just looking to not pay the single supplement.

Michele

Old December 27th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I am a 'relatively' active 68 year old looking for a cruise mate for a cruise leaving Jan. 31 for 15 day cruise to Panama Canal - NOT looking for any hook ups - sister and husband and brother and his girl are going and I want to 'surprise' them. Do not expect my cruise mate to be stuck to me or me to them.. just want the experience. VERY serious and am ferreting out options. Let me know if interested.

Thanks!
Nancy

Last edited by storybookcruises.com; December 27th, 2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old December 27th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Me, too.. if interested in a cruise to Panama leaving Jan. 31st with Princess - 15 days.. seems like short notice but REALLY want to do this cruise. If interested please contact me.

Last edited by storybookcruises.com; December 27th, 2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old January 16th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I'm interested in meeting singles 50plus on Carnival triumph jan18, 2014. any singles going?
Old February 9th, 2014, 07:33 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to Dannyboy
Thumbs up 2/9/2014 mature cruisers

Straight, SWM, 55 yrs, 6'2', 198 lbs, Non-Smoker. Current pic's on my profile, you should also have the same.
Yes, I grew-up in Southern California and partied.
I lean towards being conservative now.

This is not a hook-up. I am interested in sharing all cost with an adventurous fit female with common sense & mutual interest, whom truly enjoys experiencing new cultures, art and history.

We respect each other and maintaining a positive attitude no matter what we encounter at all times. We travel as a team!

Requirements: Long hikes on all terrains and exhausting days using the public transportation systems and enduring treks up & down steps and cobblestone roads to visit famous monuments, Bastille's (churches), museums & local cafe's, I do plan on drinking Red wine with lunch in moderation.

We are very versatile on the move and able to adapt on a moments notice to the unexpected.
We must be able to learn from each other and are able to communicate without being sarcastic.

I am landing in Rome on Oct. 2, 2014. Temp's in the afternoon's up to 70 degrees and expect a little rain.
I found around 5-cruises (11-12 days) to choose from departing from: Italy & Spain between the 4th - 8th of October 2014.
We can select hotels & cruise together.

We will book the cruise after the cancellation policy goes into effect usually around 56-days prior to disembarkation. I anticipate cost about $70 per day per person including tax & tips for a inside cabin. All other cost for touring are extra.
I do recommend the plaza deck, which has half the cabins as the upper decks on most ships and direct access to the restraunts, theater and lounges in the evenings.

I value your input, so please send me your expectations and suggestions.
Even, if you don't think this trip is for you, You may know somebody that may have an interest.

Bon Voyage

Daniel

Old February 23rd, 2014, 12:55 PM
Familiar Face

I also love to cruise and do it often. Can we talk?
Old February 25th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
I am a 61 year old felmale and would luv to find a cruise of older people ,,,,,, am a widow and its hard to get out and meet people ........ and i luv to cruise........ plz let me know tks sally..... ps live in fl
hi sally i too live in florida, love to cruise. im 63 and like you would like to find someone here in florida to cruise with. enjoy sitting by the pool reading, snokling and swimming i love the water. perhaps we could email each other .
Old February 25th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
I am a 61 year old felmale and would luv to find a cruise of older people ,,,,,, am a widow and its hard to get out and meet people ........ and i luv to cruise........ plz let me know tks sally..... ps live in fl
hi sally i too live in florida, love to cruise. im 63 female and like you would like to find someone here in florida to cruise with. enjoy sitting by the pool reading, snokling and swimming i love the water. perhaps we could email each other .
Old April 13th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Familiar Face

I want to cruise mates for travel to Alaska in June-July
I'm women 56 years