Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2005, 06:27 PM
sjg

Default LOOKING FOR A CRUISE OF PEOPLE 50 AND OLDER

I am a 61 year old felmale and would luv to find a cruise of older people ,,,,,, am a widow and its hard to get out and meet people ........ and i luv to cruise........ plz let me know tks sally..... ps live in fl
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2005, 10:08 AM
joanne cerneck

Default Re: LOOKING FOR A CRUISE OF PEOPLE 50 AND OLDER

saw your message about a cruise for single 60 plus women.I am looking for a cruise. I am 66 and know how hard it is to go someplace with all couples.please write back
Old March 5th, 2005, 02:37 AM
vintage lady

I'll be 51 this year and I usually cruise alone. I'm already booked on a Southern Caribbean Cruise on RCCL for Nov. Ladies, don't be afraid..no matter what cruise line I've been on people have always been nice to me. If I waited to fine someone to do things with I'd never leave home! If you're old enough to remember the late 1960's and what that was like (freedom), then ...what happened? Get busy living again!!!!!
Old March 5th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

I'm working on an article re. cruises for "more mature" cruisers and will let you know when it is finished and posted.
Old March 7th, 2005, 04:47 AM
charitylynn1226

joann

im 49 swf and i too like to cruise , but have no one to travel with. i am already booked on a holland america line cruise , seven night western caribbean ....for january 15, 2006....i've been told that it is geared more towards a more mature crowd. thats one othe the reasons i chose this cruise line, plus the itinerary was just what i was looking for. if you would be interested in this cruise....or any other ladies who will be traveling alone...who might be interested in this cruise...please email me....i would love to meet some other people who might be going on this cruise. my email is -\juarez1226@yahoo.com.......im quiet, easy-going , non-smoker...non=drinker......thanks...charity
Old March 8th, 2005, 04:29 AM
verona duty

the carnival valor has got alot of people your age may 15th 2005. weastern cruise. I read that a group of about 44 women your age would be on there.
Old March 9th, 2005, 12:13 AM
Passenger

Girls:
Please make talk about the guys. We too need to travel. What is the deal about 5/15 on Valor?
Dan
Class of 1963
BHS (Balboa High School, CZ)
Old March 11th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Barbara Van Alen

Hi,

I have a group going on the Jewel of the Seas to British Isles and Norway, June 20-July 2nd.

I have one woman, in 50's needs a cabin mate. She smokes, but not in cabin.

Any interest?

email me.

Barbara
Old March 11th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Barbara Van Alen

Hi,

Have a single woman, 50-60 needs a cabin mate for British Isles/Norway cruise.

Let me know if you are interested.

BVA
Old March 12th, 2005, 04:09 AM

When you say over 50 what do you mean. I went to an event that advertised 40+ but it was actually 80+, I felt like I was in a nursing home. There are a lot of events for the young (<35) and the old (>65) but little for the people in between.

Even more of a problem is finding cruises for single people in the 35-65 year old bracket or any cruises that dont charge double if your single.

Im seeking to find a straight female who wants to share a cabin for a cruise to the Carribean or Bermuda which leaves out of Boston, Ma or maybe NYC
Old March 13th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Sherri P

I have a father 60+ who is looking to go on a crusie. Can you tell me what crusie lines are for single older people
Old March 13th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Pat Hagan, Singles Editor

Default Re: Re: LOOKING FOR A CRUISE OF PEOPLE 50 AND OLDER

Tell your father he will find more mature singles on the longer cruises--7 nights or more. The shorter cruises--3-4-5-nights--attract younger people. As for which cruise lines, I like NCL, RCI, and Crystal for older passengers. But how about it everybody on the singles message board? What is your opinion for this gentleman?
Old March 19th, 2005, 01:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Why do people lump singles into that 35-65 age group?? my kids are over 35 and i'm 62...we don't stop kicking, either....
I love the 35 generation, but don't want to spend my vacation with an abundance of them either...trust me....far more interesting active people between 55 and 75 then any other age group!
We're free, got a few extra bucks and are making up for all the years of hard work getting the 30-40 generation where they need to be! lol
Old March 19th, 2005, 05:11 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

I am a single (widowed 8/03) , going on 59 living in metro Chicago who has cruised for 30+ years. I REFUSE to pay the single supplement (cannot afford w/ airfare and pre and maybe post cruise days). I am generally pretty live and let live. I am a smoker but willing to NOT smoke in cabin (did this approach with DD 3/04-love lido/prefer w/ coffee and whatever always avail). Strongly prefer late seating or freestyle/personal choice. Have sailed Carnival, Celebity and NCL in last 5 years. Like western itineraries, haven't done (but willing to try) eastern. Will do minimum 7 day cruises (air from ORD). Have enough vacation time (21 days/year) to do >7 day cruises. Have added on days b4 and/or after cruises in assorted cities to see them and/or get better air rates. Looking to cruise late 05, early 06 for carrabean or summer 06 for Alaska or Europe (eastern or preferably western Med). NOT wedded to any particular cruise line. All have advantages/disadvantages. $$ is a MAJOR consideration. Will do inside for 7 days. Strongly prefer OV in general and certainly for >7days.
Old March 19th, 2005, 10:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

A co-worker and I will be on the May 15th Valor cruise. She is mid 50 and I turn 60 next month. Glad to hear that there are more in this age group going. Katie
Old March 20th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Passenger

HI:
I'M A SINGLE, 67 YEARS YOUNG FEMALE, SLIM , 5' 7", NOT BAD LOOKING, SMOKER, DIET COKE DRINKER, EASY GOING & LOOKING TO FIND A CRUISE ROOM-MATE FROM FLORIDA. I WOULD LIKE TO GO FOR 7 DAYS, BUT 4 DAYS WOULD WORK JUST FINE. I WORK FULL TIME & HAVE 2 WEEKS VACATION TIME COMING. SO IF ANY FEMALES ARE READY & WILLING TO SHARE A ROOM---------- LET'S TALK. YOU CAN E-MAIL ME AT --- RANONIS1@aol.com
Old March 23rd, 2005, 08:54 PM
Familiar Face

Hi currently booked on the Celebrity Mercury 11 day cruise out of San Diego Oct 31.

My friend and I are both single ladies 42 - 50 age range. It would be nice to meet other singles.
Old March 27th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to John G

Maybe Pat Hagan the singles editor will give some help on this topic of 50+ age group cruising. I am 55 divorced male and have not determined which "category" I am in. I have only been on five cruises, and I have noticed some subtle or not so subtle age discrimination. But in many cases I can't tell the difference between over 40 who want to be 30 and 60 year olds who move easily between age groups. Some people think they are young because of their age. Seems like it would be more reasonable to look at activity levels, physical condition, preferred activities etc rather than age. John from NM usa

Old March 28th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Judith03A@aol.com

would you like to share an inside cabin on the Celebrity Galaxy, May 7th cruise of 16 days fron Galveston to Rome. Airline discounted rate is 735 including all taxes. I am a single lady living in Denver

Old March 31st, 2005, 10:34 PM
Yeoman

It has been my experience that the "older" crowd opts for the longer cruises--7 days or longer. But if you are wanting to go on an organized singles cruise the best thing to do is have a heart-to-heart talk with the agency/coordinator sponsoring the cruise and tell them you want to make sure you are not going to be traveling with a younger group. If they can't--or won't--give you any idea of the age range, then try another agency. You will also find many listings on the Cruisemates Singles Calendar specifically for the "more mature," because agencies are realizing that people in their late 40s and older prefer to be with others in the same age range.

Old April 5th, 2005, 09:54 PM
rocketcitylady

There should be plenty of "mature" (50+) travelers on Holland America Line. A couple of months ago I sailed with HAL for the first time - 7 night cruise on the Westerdam. Most of the passengers seemed to be 50-70+. I did not really care for HAL, a bit to sedate for my taste. However, I did meet some very nice people. One nice thing they did offer was a singles/solo traveler luncheon. I'm sure I was the youngest person attending the luncheon, and I am 56. Celebrity also seems to have plenty of mature travelers and a more "refined" entertainment. I have also been on a couple of 7-night Carnival cruises that had a high percentage of "mature folks." Although I did not care that much for HAL, I recently found myself booking another cruise with them because of the very interesting itinerary (17 nights, Lisbon to Rio).
Old May 5th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Barbara Van Alen

Default LOOKING FOR A CRUISE OF PEOPLE 50 AND OLDER

Hi,

My husband and I are in our 60's. We put together cruises for friends, families and Scrabble players. We have three cruises going within the next 9 months. I have a few singles going who may need or want a cabinmate. Actually, one cancelled because we didn't have someone for her, so please keep us in mind. Our cruises are as follows:

June 20-July 2, 2005 - 12 night British Isles/Norway - Royal Caribbean Jewel of the Seas.

Dec. 10-17, 2005 - 7 night Western Caribbean - RCCL - Legend of the Seas

Jan. 3-19, 2006 - 15 night South America - Chile to Argentina - Oceania Cruises Insignia

If any of these appeal to you, let me know and I will send complete details.

Barbara
Old May 9th, 2005, 08:37 PM
G. "Bernie" Re

May 10-02

Hi Everyone:
I'm a late 50's straight guy ,with it ,was self employed, back home in Windsor,Ont. Can....on my own.....love to travel, but no one to go with. I'm tall, trim-bearded,watch my weight, clean-cut, am very interesting, well travelled and rar'in and able to go. Can you help?
greaume1@cogeco.ca
Old May 23rd, 2005, 11:36 AM
Sharon Price

I'm 59 years old and love to cruise. I have been divorced for 20 years. I belong to several singles travel groups and am always looking for a cruise partner for their trips and other cruises. Please reply. I live in L.A.
Old May 29th, 2005, 10:07 PM
Jordan Fields

I read your March 19 Cruisemates posting . Is there any possibility that you'd consider going on a Caribbean cruise with a man who also won't pay the singles supplement? I'm a 66 year old separated white male in pretty good physical shape. I live in the Maryland suburbs of washington, D.C. and haven't had a real vacation in over a year. I'm also a native Chicagoan (if thats any kind of a selling point) although I've been here since 1976. My wife has gone back to the Chicago area to live. If you'd consider cruising with me, I'm pretty open as to when to go, but would prefer something in the range of 7 to 10 days, leaving from Florida. I'd also prefer an Eastern or Southern Caribbean itinerary unless those would be deal breakers for you. I'm really expecting you to say no but, either way, I'd appreciate a response. Thanks.

Jordan
Old May 30th, 2005, 10:30 AM
Whiteknight

That last post from Jordan Fields really hit home. I'm also a single white male, except my wife is deceased, and I've been cruising with single's groups ever since then, until just recently, when a lady I met on a single's cruise agreed to share a cabin with me. It was really enjoyable for both of us, since we're both spoiled from years of marriage and enjoy cruising, eating and passing time with the opposite sex. Unfortunately, personal problems have interferred with her desire to cruise, at least for the near term. So I'd be interested in finding a another lady who doesn't have a problem with an arrangement like that. I'm 63 years old, 6 feet tall, 190 pounds, a non-smoker in good health and I'm active in physical fitness and Jazzercise. I'm retired, since I no longer needed to work after my wife's passing and I generally cruise 3 to 4 times a year. I live in the southwest part of the country, but I have lived on the east and west coasts also. I'm also a veteran of the U.S. armed forces and have married children from my former marriage. Well, that's about it. I just thought I'd throw my two cents in, for what it's worth. Thanks
Old June 2nd, 2005, 06:31 AM
Mary h

I too M INTERESTED IN A 'sINGLES' CRUISE. I AM 65 AND FEMALE
Old June 5th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Marlee

Vacations to go has cruises for the mature adult,, Look them up I was on one of these cruises in feb Not bad, I just thought there were too many older singles 200+
Old June 6th, 2005, 08:26 AM
candy

Iam 58 and would love to go on an alaska cruise leaving from vancouver and returning there . Iam a widow and would like to cruise with groups 55 and up. I have been on the alaska cruise before met a lot of nice people but still felt alone as it was mostly couples. would like to meet othe people my age group for fun and enjoyment. I find fifties is an odd age where you don't know what group you fit into.
Thankyou Candy
Old June 10th, 2005, 05:51 AM
like to cruise

When you (whiteknight) responded to my post in the cruise roomates section you suggested that if a man and woman share a cabin it is always for sex. This post does not suggest that. What is the explanation for this inconsistent statement?