Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2005, 08:11 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to handysock Send a message via Yahoo to handysock
Default FL cruisemate wanted

48 swm tampa bay area, non-smoker, non-drinker, quiet, boring. I would like to fulfill some items on my list of world travel. From time to time I see some great bargains on panama canal, trans-atlantic, etc. As you know single rooms are way too expensive. I am looking for someone to pair up with. Not looking for romance or friendship. I try to be courteous and respectful. E-mail me at fl_tpa_1956swm.
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2005, 10:11 PM
StaceyJean

Default Re: FL cruisemate wanted

Hey there,
I am trying really hard to figure out a singles cruise or some kind of cruise around the beginning of June. I am not having much luck. I am 42 swf in Naples, FL I have never gone by myself before and I am nervous. Would love to find someone resonably normal to room with. You did not say which you prefer, male or female?
Old March 20th, 2005, 01:58 AM
Chris in Tampa

Default Re: Re: FL cruisemate wanted

I just got back yesterday from my first singles cruise, on Carnival Legend to the Southern Caribbean for 8 days. I went through CruisingForLove.com - they have many singles cruise options to choose from. My experience was fantastic- our group had about 40 people and the age range was mostly in the 30-50 range, with a few outside that range. Most of us had never met but we had a BLAST! We bonded quickly and had so much fun the whole week.

Since you have apprehensions, I would recommend that you NOT room with a male - that will eliminate one of your concerns. Ann (at CFL) will find a female cabinmate for you on the cruise you select. I know several of the ladies in our group were paired and I did not hear of any problems - most seemed to like their arrangements.

I had originally planned to share a cabin, but because I booked late, did not find anyone, and ended up in my cabin by myself. I did pay a little more, but also my rate came down at the last minute before I booked so it wasn't too much of an increase for me over a shared cabin. I found that the convenience of NOT having a roommate was well worth the extra money I paid and will probably do that in the future as well.

For what it's worth - I am a swm, 40, in the Tampa area. I am hoping to go on another cruise this summer - June would work out well for me. Feel free to contact me at chrisplatz@earthlink.net if you have questions or would like to chat further about my recent cruise experience or the possibilities for this summer.

Chris
Old March 20th, 2005, 02:01 AM
Chris from Tampa

Default Re: Re: Re: FL cruisemate wanted

I just wanted to clarify - my comments/reply above are directed to Jean - sorry if it is confusing.

Chris
Old March 20th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Stacey Jean

Thanks Chris you were very helpful and actually got me excited about finding a cruise again. I gave up on the idea because I am a big chicken...lol Did you meet anyone on the cruise that you will stay in contact with. Thanks also for the e-mail address. Perhaps we can write and you can help with my ignorance on the subject. How much in advance do you need to book . My vacation time is starting June 2nd until June 20th. Should I start looking now. I will write you soon. Thanks again
Stacey
Old April 4th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Wes N.

Hello,
I have taken many cruises before. Please see my April 4 posting..."Cruise in Hawaii?" The ONLY thing I am looking for is a travel companion to split the costs on VARIOUS CRUISES. I am a 35 swm, that does not smoke anything, and does not drink. I would really like to talk with you...you can reach me in the West Palm Beach area at ***edited 04/13/05***
Thank you, Wes
Old April 9th, 2005, 02:20 PM
StaceyJean

Hey Wes,
Were you talking to me (Stacey) ? or the other guy? Sorry I am new to these message boards a don't really know when it's my turn...lol If you were talking to me, what is your area code?
Thanks
StaceyJean
Old April 28th, 2005, 02:24 AM
Beginner

Hello Stacey. I'm a 53 year young male looking for a cruise some time in early June. Let me know if you have found one yet.
Old September 26th, 2005, 04:09 PM
Passenger

Default Florida cruisers

Possibly looking at a cruise with cruisingforlove.com. They have an 8-night Carnival Legend cruise going out of Ft. Lauderdale, stopping at Panama, Costa Rica and Belize. April 10-18, 2006.

Anyone going on this? Any cons about cruisingforlove.com? Seems like I've heard a lot more about singlescruses.com.

Come on single Florida cruisers---who's game?
Old September 26th, 2005, 06:21 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Florida cruisers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyInFlorida
Possibly looking at a cruise with cruisingforlove.com. They have an 8-night Carnival Legend cruise going out of Ft. Lauderdale, stopping at Panama, Costa Rica and Belize. April 10-18, 2006.

Anyone going on this? Any cons about cruisingforlove.com? Seems like I've heard a lot more about singlescruses.com.

Come on single Florida cruisers---who's game?
Kathy,

I have booked with Cruisingforlove for New Year's and this will be my first trip with Ann's company. She is very helpful all you need to do is call her with your questions. I also hear good things about singlescruises.com
Old November 4th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to phazer59 Send a message via Yahoo to phazer59
Default Panama Canal

46 year old male here would also like to do a panama canal cruise. My dates are open for 2006. I am from chicago area and like sailing out of FL. I will be sailing out of FL twice in the next two months, flying in a day early. If any others wanting to do panama in the near future, and would consider me as a room mate, feel free to write me at (JAT59x@aol) and you could even meet me before doing a cruise.