Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2005, 07:31 PM
ChrisCrowe

Default Crusing alone?

I'm thinking of going on a cruise this year (first time), but can't find anybody to go with. Are there alot of people who usually go alone and know noone? Is it easy to meet others and just hang out? Not too worried about it, I make friends easily, just wondering the ratios of totally alone people, as to people in pairs/groups. Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated.
Chris
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2005, 10:39 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Crusing alone?

We have a group going on May 8 on Carnival Valor - see post for: CCL Valor 05/08/05 Final Countdown - those of us are in pairs or traveling solo.

Mary
Old March 8th, 2005, 03:46 AM
verona

we are going on the valor may 15th 2005 for the weastern cruise. my neice is going with me she is 28, and very cute. You may enjoy hanging out with her.
Old March 8th, 2005, 03:49 AM
verona

we are going on the valor may 15th 2005 for the weastern cruise. my neice is going with me she is 28, and very friendly person.
Old March 15th, 2005, 02:02 AM
Admiral

Im going alone, same problem finding a friend to cruise with. Im booked on the Legend April 4th with a singles group called Crusing for love. I just want to make friends, have fun and hang out not really to hook up. They find a roommate for you in your case male and you go from there you can hang with the gang or do your own thing. There are other companies as well. Some lines such as Princess will find a roomate for you read my post titled singles supplement.
Old March 16th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Passenger

I've sailed solo, both with a singles group and totally on my own. I had a wonderful time on each of those sailings. I highly recommend going the singles group cruise route. At least you know that way you won't be the only single on board. You're guaranteed to meet other singles. You run a risk of getting stuck with "the psycho roommate from hell" if you choose to let the group find you a roommate. I was lucky on my last cruise to be matched up with a very nice roommate, but I've seen and heard stories where things didn't turn out well with others. If you do the roommate matching thing, try to get in touch with your roommate prior to the trip. That way you won't be total strangers from day 1.

If you don't mind going it alone, without a group, you may end up with a hefty singles supplement added to your fare. When I went on my own I found a 'too good to be true' singles rate at the last minute. Well, it was worth every penny! I thoroughly enjoyed having the cabin to myself - no bathroom times to schedule, no worries about if your roommate will snore, etc., etc.

My next cruise is the singlescruise.com Canada cruise 7/2-7. I'll be going with a friend who I've traveled with many times, so I know I'll have a good roommate.

Whatever you choose will be great - cruising is the way to go!

Old March 20th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Okie

You could check with travel agents to see if they have people asking the same question....It would be cheaper to have someone in your room. There is a site on here of people who are looking for someone to room with....Hell take my mother!! She is 75!!
Cruise companions wanted I think it is.....
Good luck
Old March 23rd, 2005, 12:12 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to John G

Showcat, please do a review of how your CFL april cruise goes. I am booked on a CFL Alaska one in august to Alaska Prime9time@aol.com.......Better yet I made a non company travel agent message board called Singlestravelandcruises@yahoogroups.com with open membership. so join OR not...it has like 82 members to exchange info on singles travel share jokes anecdotes etc without such a menu or monitoring as on these big corporate sites.

My impression is the biggest singles groups are on singlescuises.com and I have been on three of them. Most of them seem to be on Carnival. Just an impression but seems a little long on partying and little short on conversation which is ok too. It all depends on what your tastes are. I recommend singles group cruises over going completely solo. The "potluck" cabin mate thing is another whole topic hahahah...John/Juan NM usa
Old March 25th, 2005, 10:00 AM
vernaf7449

John G - I am also on the CFL Alaska cruise -my first one with a singles group (I am going with a friend, who I have travelled with, so no cabin-mate surprises). I have done 2 other Carbbean cruises with a group I belong to (~300 go on a cruise over New Years Week) and I will be going with that group this year as well on Navigator of the Seas Eastern Caribbean.

With a group at least there are people to eat with and hang with, I also have done excursions myself but always manage to meet people. I can also be alone when I want, too! No rules you have to do everything with a group -

I am thinking about Europe or Scandinavia/Baltic cruise for summer/fall 2006, so I am keeping my eyes open for group/singles cruises. Still too early, but I can start to dream.

Verna
Old March 26th, 2005, 07:24 AM
NHGal

I cruised alone last month on the Imagination. I had a terrific time.......people are on vacation, so they're happy and friendly.........I met lots of people and wasn't concerned at all about coming by myself. I had such a great time that I'm going to do it all again 8/7/05 on the Carnival Miracle.
Old April 2nd, 2005, 03:40 AM
windycity kitty

John I plan to write a cruise review. I will look for your yahoo group and join also, or you can e mail me. I can't wait Im cruising on Monday! I hope I get a nice roommate! Wish me luck!
Old April 22nd, 2005, 11:35 PM
Admiral

John hope you read my posts under singles and Carnival message boards on this site. I had a great cruise with Cruising for love. I did not make a love connection through them but met many wonderful people and we are keeping in touch. I got lucky with my cabin mate, and had a blast even though I didn't do many of the activities I did hang out with the friends I made through the group. Good luck