Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2005, 10:18 AM
Beginner

Default July 4th or Halloween anyone?

I'm April, 25 (almost 26!) from North Jersey...my two friends and I just returned from the Carnival Victory March 6th sailing and had an absolute BLAST! Though we did not book through a singles cruise travel agent, we ended up meeting a lot of the singles cruisers who booked with singlescruise.com. They were some of the nicest, sweetest, funniest people, whom we fully plan on keeping in touch with! I can honestly say this was the BEST vacation I've ever had...and my friends wholeheartedly agree! Per the usual, now that I've returned from vacation, I'm ALREADY planning the next one. The cruises we have in mind are July 1st-4th (sailing from Miami to the Bahamas) on RCI Majesty of the Seas with cruisingforlove.com and Oct. 29th-Nov. 5th (sailing from Port Canaveral Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Maarten) on Carnival Glory with singlescruise.com. I think the Halloween cruise is a better deal given that it's a week long - plus airfare is ridiculously cheap for that time period right now. But I also like the sound of the Bahamas cruise, because that would mean we'd get to spend a night or two in Miami Beach again! =) Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone was maybe looking into either of these cruises...I want to get a sense of who might be on board because since we are at the "young" side of the singles spectrum (mid-late 20's), we don't want to be the only "babies" of the group! Hope to hear from you soon!

-April
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2005, 01:03 PM
wildjen68

Default Re: July 4th or Halloween anyone?

Iam booked on that cruise already.The halloween cruise is the most popular this 3 years in a row for me.I think you would have more fun on the halloween cruise then the fourth of july.If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me at wildgirljen68@yahoo.com
Jen
Old March 16th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: July 4th or Halloween anyone?

Thanks for the reply, Jen. I know the Halloween cruise is more popular - REALLY trying to convince my friends to do this one, but we all need to get five days off for it and none of us has a ton of vacation time (though I may be in grad school at that point, in which case it may not matter for me). How has the weather been for the Halloween cruises you've been on? It's kind of the tail end of hurricane season - have you ever experienced any bad weather? Just curious! I very badly want to go on this Halloween cruise...I'd prefer to go with at least one friend, but I would consider traveling on my own. Have you ever cruised by yourself before? Did you manage to meet a lot of people doing so? Sorry for all of the questions! Just trying to get a feel for what might be the better option for us. Thanks again for your advice! -April
Old March 16th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Passenger

Have you considered the singlescruise.com Canada cruise from NY? That's on the Triumph from 7/2 - 7/7. It's a little shorter than the Halloween cruise, but sounds nice. I'm booked on that one with a friend. I live in FL, but am originally from NY and have relatives who I can stay with up there. We're going to spend a few days in NY after the cruise to enjoy a little of the city, etc. too.

By the way, my friend and I are both single women, late 30's. This will be my 10th cruise, 5th on Carnival. I went solo on a cruise in Hawaii with another singles group this past December and had a blast.

You might find the weather quite hot for the July cruise to the Bahamas. The Halloween cruise is at the very end of hurricane season. I've cruised to those ports around that time and the weather was fine. However, you do run the risk of storms at that time of year - ship may be re-routed or worse. If you do select the Halloween sailing, be sure to purchase the travel insurance, just to CYA.

Old March 16th, 2005, 05:32 PM
Beginner

yes i will be on the cruise but i booked with carnival see you on the glory ps i am 34 s/w/m

Old March 17th, 2005, 07:35 AM
JD

Hello Jen glad to see you had fun I am sorry we could not join you on that trip sounds like you had a blast. I have been on the 4 day cruise and I will say it was a great time but as soon as you settle in to the boat you are packing and going home. We have also done the late October thing and did not have any weather problems. The cruise lines ty to go around the big storms when they are out there. I would like to hear more about your trip Please drop me a line Justin in NJ

10/2005 ???????
5/2005 Carnival victory
4/2005 Carnival Spirit
12/2004 Imagination
6/2004 Carnival Miracle
11/2003 Sensation
6/2003 Dawn
5/2003 Carnival Legend
6/2002 Sensation
7/2001 Sensation
5/2001 Carnival Destiny
72000 Sensation
4/2000 Carnival Triumph
5/1999 Carnival Destiny
5/1998 Imagination
5/1997 Sensation
Old March 17th, 2005, 01:35 PM
wildjen68

you should sign up for the halloween cruise option 2(they are 2 this year because there was 600 last halloween to many people).I always go by myself and always have a great time.Iam also on the shy side everyone is very friendly.e-mail me if you have any more questions.wildgirljen68@yahoo.com
jen
Old March 17th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Beginner

I'm definitely considering going on Halloween #2 by myself, but am also definitely doing my best to convince my one friend who seems really interested. I think the only thing holding her back is the fact that she needs to save all her vacation time from now until Oct./Nov. because her vacation time won't replenish until Dec. I told her to use her personal days (and sick days) wisely between now and then. =) I may wind up doing the July cruise w/ friends because a bunch of people we met on this last cruise are already talking about a "reunion" cruise next March/April! It's times like this when I wish that I had an endless supply of time and money so I could just keep going on cruises...and travel elsewhere, of course! Oh well, it's nice to dream. -April
Old March 17th, 2005, 03:47 PM
JD

I USED THE WRONG NAME THIS POST WAS FOR APRIL NOT JEN SORRY GIRLS, JEN CAH'T WAIT TILL APRIL FOR THE MEXICAN RIVERIA CRUISE.

Hello April glad to see you had fun I am sorry we could not join you on that trip sounds like you had a blast. I have been on the 4 day cruise and I will say it was a great time but as soon as you settle in to the boat you are packing and going home. We have also done the late October thing and did not have any weather problems. The cruise lines ty to go around the big storms when they are out there. I would like to hear more about your trip Please drop me a line Justin in NJ

11/2005 Voyger of the seas
10/2005 ???????
5/2005 Carnival victory
4/2005 Carnival Spirit
12/2004 Imagination
6/2004 Carnival Miracle
11/2003 Sensation
6/2003 Dawn
5/2003 Carnival Legend
6/2002 Sensation
7/2001 Sensation
5/2001 Carnival Destiny
72000 Sensation
4/2000 Carnival Triumph
5/1999 Carnival Destiny
5/1998 Imagination
5/1997 Sensation
Old March 18th, 2005, 09:06 AM
wildjen68

tim why don't you call singlescruise.com and tell them that you booked with carnival and how much more it would be to book with singlescruise.com then cancell carnival if it's not that much more.
Jen/ct
Old March 19th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Karon

Default Re: Re: Re: July 4th or Halloween anyone?

April,

I will also be on the Halloween cruise this year with Jen....she is a sweetie!!! I am 44 years old from NY and this will be my fifth cruise with singlescruise.com and I will be joining Jen next month on the Mexican Riveria cruise.

She is a wealth of info that Jen - tap her knowledge. I hope to see you on the cruise.

Kar
Old March 19th, 2005, 09:37 AM
JD

Hello Jen and Kar Question about singles cruise. I know there are few extra events and shore tours with singles cruise. During the times there is nothing going on with the group do most of the people from the group stay together or do there own thing. Just trying to find out some things. i will also be on the Mexican Riveria cruise with friends and we love to meet new people and just have fun. Please drop me some info JD in NJ
Old March 19th, 2005, 02:00 PM
wildjen68

Both really some people go on there own and do there own thing.Some us stay in groups around the pool.It's up to the person if you want hang with the group or do your own thing you'll have fun either way. you should really seriously think about the halloween singles cruise option 2.This will be alot of fun.I hope to see you guys on that cruise.
Justin see you in 5 weeks.
Jen/ct
Old March 21st, 2005, 12:20 PM
Jocia

April,

Watch out for Jen and Kar, they are wild women!! (Just kidding guys!! lol) Well, I've done the bringing the friends and going on my own routes and I have to say I like traveling alone the best. I don't have to stress about all my people, and I can do what I want to do without feeling guilty about leaving my friends. I'm doing the halloween cruise # 2 this year, my fourth cruise with Singlescruise.com, so you can tell I like it. I'm going alone this year too!! Besides, you get there a day or two early, you'll have new friends coming out of your ears, you're never alone, and never bored. If you are, there are plenty of other groups to hang with! lol

Dana
Old March 27th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Beginner

Thanks to all for your help & advice! I'm actually really glad I didn't book either of these cruises yet (July 4th weekend or Halloween). Singlescruise.com just posted a new one for July 22nd-26th for 20's-30's singles! You have no idea how excited I am about this!!! =) It's the Fascination to Nassau! Sure, it may be hot as hell this time of year, though I think I can cope given the fact that this cruise seems like exactly what I was looking for! Hmmm...I think I should be able to convince at least one friend to accompany me. But if not, I am DEFINITELY doing this one on my own! I've got six vacation days to use up by August that I simply refuse to let go to waste...-April
Old March 27th, 2005, 07:06 PM
IndianaHawkeye

Hi April. I just started looking at the cruises today and the 20-30 cruise jumped out at me also in July. I'm thinking of a longer cruise but the age range is a positive. I am 32 and have had fun researching the cruises. But it becomes meshed together after awhile. Seems they all start to sound the same. Email me to discuss the 20-30 cruise.
Old March 29th, 2005, 03:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to asongulove

hey there april! as one of the aforementioned folks you met on the March 6th SinglesCruise Victory sailing, let me tell ya that a BUNCH of us are going on the Halloween sailing, #1, on the Legend. so far, 12 people from that cruise are reuniting on the Legend Oct. 24, and I suspect that many more will be joining soon...

so, CMON ALONG! it should be even more fun than the march cruise was!!!

Carnival Piano Bar Performer

Triumph 7/05
Legend 9-10/05
Fascination 11/05
Miracle 1-2/06
Old March 29th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Lady V

I did the Mardi Gras cruise with Singlescruise.com last month and had a good time. Since I don't have any friends that are able to travel with me, I went alone. But once on the ship, you're never lonely, since you'll always have people from the group to hang with. I honestly didn't want to leave the ship. As far as whether the July 4 or the Halloween cruise is better, the July 4th one is only 5 days and seems too short to me. Since the Mardi Gras one was 7 days, I don't think I could do a cruise any shorter than 7 days. Some people cruising for the first time prefer to do the short ones to see if they'll like it, though. I'm considering doing one of the Halloween cruises, depending on my finances. The week isn't an issue for me as I have lots of vacation time. Maybe I'll see one of you guys there.

Lady V
Old March 29th, 2005, 09:56 PM
iceman

Wow all this group talk I was wondering during the group parties do they make you drink the Kool Aide. I have been on one singles cruise and than others with just friends and the time I had with friends was much better than being in a "Group". Just some food for thought

Iceman
Old March 30th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

I say, the more the merrier.

Triumph 7/05
Legend 9-10/05
Fascination 11/05
Miracle 1-2/06
Old April 1st, 2005, 06:32 PM
JD

Less than a month away WOO HOOO

11/18/2005 RCL
10/2005 ???????
5/29/2005 Carnival victory
4/24/2005 Carnival Pride
12/2004 Imagination
6/2004 Carnival Miracle
11/2003 Sensation
6/2003 Dawn
5/2003 Carnival Legend
6/2002 Sensation
7/2001 Sensation
5/2001 Carnival Destiny
72000 Sensation
4/2000 Carnival Triumph
5/1999 Carnival Destiny
5/1998 Imagination
5/1997 Sensation
Old April 2nd, 2005, 03:32 AM
Admiral

Ok Im also thinking of doing this one if I can afford it after my cruise on the Legend April 4th, Im booked with Crusing for love but want to conpare the singles cruise.com with them. Im 30 "something" I like nice people of all ages. Which Halloween cruise are you thinking of there are 2 to choose from?
Old April 2nd, 2005, 11:22 AM
wildjen68

I would do option 2 the 7 day one Iam doing that one and I think it will be the better cruise more fun.I think this cruise will have more of the younger crowd 20'50's the other one will be probably more late 30's to60's.
Jen
Old April 2nd, 2005, 11:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

actually, theres alot of young folks on option #1...including me...lol

and, if im not mistaken, wildjen, youre listed on the option #1 trip too, no?

Triumph 7/05
Legend 9-10/05
Fascination 11/05
Miracle 1-2/06
Old April 2nd, 2005, 02:33 PM
wildjen68

yes Iam listed but iam going on option 2.I just joined the website to see I have any friends on the site and because I could .
Jen
Old April 2nd, 2005, 02:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

ahh, pretty sneaky sis...lol
Old April 2nd, 2005, 03:34 PM
Iceman

Wow all this group talk I was wondering during the group parties do they make you drink the Kool Aide. I have been on one singles cruise and than others with just friends and the time I had with friends was much better than being in a "Group". Just some food for thought

Iceman
Old April 2nd, 2005, 04:58 PM
wildjen68

I have been on cruise with friends and with a singles group.I had a much better time with the singles group.You meet more people that way.
Jen
Old April 2nd, 2005, 05:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

i agree jen. the more the merrier.
Old April 2nd, 2005, 09:15 PM
Jocia

Hey!! I like Kool Aide!!! I've gone with friends, gone alone with singlescruise.com AND brought the friends with me on singlescruise.com. With friends, you're always going to have the one person that doesn't want to do what you want so you get stuck doing something crappy. But with a group, there's always someone who'll hook up with you do do something or if you wanna be alone, you're alone. And if you bring friends along, you can hang with them and go do your own thing and not feel so bad. :-)

Dana