Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Snowful

Default Age Demographics for Singles Cruises

I've never been on a singles cruise before but am considering booking one for the end of the year. My friend and I are in our mid-20s and was wondering if there are cruises for our age group. I've been to a few sites so far and the pictures look like most everyone is in their 40s, which is fine by us if we feel included, I'm just not sure if we would really fit in. Are there cruises for 20-somethings? If not, would we fit in ok on a normal singles cruise?
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to John G
Default Re: Age Demographics for Singles Cruises

Ive been on three singles cruises with singlescruise.com and they have message boards before the cruise and most people put their ages As a member of the Idle lower middle class.....(retired) I did some descriptive statistics on age etc from the member message boards. All three cruises the "mean" or average age as well as the median age was 44 to 46 with very vew above 55 and then a little spike outside the normal curve on the 25 to 35 age group. (relatively more 25 to 35 than 50 to 60 year olds.) On larger singles cruises........those cruises were about 150 then 300 then 600, there were plenty of different age groups to hang out with. (of course on member lists i know some people who have been 29 for several years and also some who have been 39 for several years) None of that is scientific in any way and only based on self report information but I never could get a straight answer from booking companies. My impression is that Carnival draws some of the youngest demographics.........well and princess cruises. Some of the 20s people.......grad students etc like to hang out with some older people and then the mid life crisis recent divorce people see themselves as "younger" and like to hang out with younger people. Something for everyone at least on the bigger singles cruises. John from NM usa

Old March 29th, 2005, 11:49 AM
wildjen68

There is a cruise with singlescruise.com for 20's-30 year olds in july.that something you can thing about.You should also think about the halloween cruise option2 the most popular cruise.Last year we had 550 singles so that why this year they are having 2.If you have any questions you can e-mail me at wildgirljen68@yahoo.com
Jen
Old March 29th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Snowful

Thanks John and Jen. I noticed the cruise in July for 20s and 30s, but I'd rather wait until after summer, so maybe that Halloween cruise is a pretty good idea. How does that work? Do you bring your own costume?
Old March 29th, 2005, 03:20 PM
wildjen68

Yes you bring your own costume it's alot of fun.I hope you go you'll have alot of fun.
Jen