Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2005, 11:29 PM
Passenger

Default CP - July 09 -Am I the only single on the ship?

I posted my first message last week, but no replies.

I hope that other singles are booked on the Caribbean Princess for July 09. This is my first cruise and I am traveling alone. I am wondering if I chose the right ship. I would appreciate to hear from other 40+ singles that cruised alone in the past and/or will be on this ship. I am recently divorced and it is my first vacation alone.
Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2005, 08:21 AM
Chris in Tampa

Default Re: CP - July 09 -Am I the only single on the ship?

Whether or not you come across anyone else on this message board who will be on your ship, don't worry about it - - you'll meet lots of people on board. You should be able to ask to be seated at a dinner table with other singles; also, most cruise ships have a singles happy hour or similar activity early in the cruise. Take part in several of the on-board activities and you'll make new friends every day. Venture out - have fun!

Chris
Old April 6th, 2005, 08:46 AM
Passenger

Default Re: CP - July 09 -Am I the only single on the ship?

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your reply. I look forward to the cruise and to a great time. I will follow your advise and look for seating arrangements and "happy hours". Can you tell me when should I request to be seated with other singles (before the cruise or on the first day)?

Right now my TA reserved first seating, however, I am on the waiting list for second seating (which would be my first choice)? Any advise on seatings would be appreciated?

Thank you,

Eliane
Old April 6th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Hondo

Default Re: Re: CP - July 09 -Am I the only single on the ship?

Hi Eliane:

The ship will probably have some kind of single get together. They usually announce it in the daily newsletter. I believe on my last cruise they were held quite late.

From what I read, you want to ask the Maitre'd (sp?) when you board the ship. I believe if you ask for a big table it would help.

Pat has some articles in the singles section that may help. I'm pretty sure she addressed this issue.

Even though you are going by yourself, you don't have to be alone unless you want to. Get out and do the excursions and enjoy yourself.

Have fun.

Hondo