Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Becki

Default Singles Cruising ...

I would like to go on a cruise in October or November, but I don't want to pay the full double-occupancy price. I am considering signing up with a cruise that will match me with a roommate, but I am nervous about sharing a room for a week with someone that I don't know. Does anyone have any suggestions? Have you shared a room with a stranger before? Did it work out ok? Are there any cruise lines that have single rooms at cheaper prices?

Thanks for your help!!!

Becki
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2005, 12:41 AM
Laura389

Default Re: Singles Cruising ...

I am thinking about a Nov. 26 sailing from Miami to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. Carnival Triumph thru singlescruise.com
I am also needing to share room with someone. Email if you wanna chat and talk about cruising. I am excited to go! This will be my first cruise!
Laura
Old April 28th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Singles Cruising ...

Is that the exact cruise that you want to go on? I have been looking at other cruise lines because I have not heard very good things about Carnival, so I have been looking at other lines. I am flexible though, I haven't found anything that my heart is set on, as long as I am somewhere warm on a cruise ship, I will be happy! I have been on 2 cruises so far, and I LOVE THEM!

I am not familiar with this website, where do I find your email address?
Old April 28th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to asongulove

hey there. i am signed up on the SINGLESCRUISE oct. 24 sailing on the Legend, along with 10 of my pals, and its gonna be a BLAST...i took their march 6 cruise, and had alot of fun, and met alot of great folks, many of whom are returning for this halloween cruise...

CMON ALONG!

ps - email me if you have any questions...

Carnival Piano Bar Performer

Triumph 7/05
Legend 9-10/05
Fascination 11/05
Miracle 1-2/06
Old April 28th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Jocia

Becki,

I've done 3 cruises with singlescruise.com, 2 of those times I had them set me up with a roommate. No nightmare stories, both of my roomies were cool, we had no issues. I like to travel and my friends are either too broke, too cheap, or just don't like to leave home, so I usually go by myself. I've been on 4 Carnival cruises, and really haven't had any issues with them. Vacations are what you make of it, if you go and audit everything that happens, you're probably not going to have a good time. You're suppose to do stuff on vacation that you don't do at home, and if you go with a singles group, it's definately not the time to be shy. Get out there, meet new people and have fun!!! I'll be going with VTG next month and am really looking forward to it.

Dana
Old April 28th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Ferret

I've been on a few cruiselines (Carnival, Princess, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity) and it's true that Carnival isn't as nice as the others, but it's still nice.

I think picking out a cruiseline is like picking out a car. You can go economy or luxury or something in between, but they all meet basic standards. None are horrible. Carnival is not the best, but it's still a great cruiseline, especially for the single traveler. IMO, I'd rather spend the same money to get a single room on Carnival than share with a stranger on some higher end cruiseline.

Carnival and Crystal are good for singles....low single supplement.
Old April 28th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Chetter

Hello :

I plan on going on vacationstogo.com Halloween cruise Oct 30th Its going to 4 ports and there pricing includes Port Charges and Taxes . So far they have 97 cruisers sign up . Personally its the best for the money and second its on a Princess ship A little better than Carnival . Hope to see you there .You will have a Blast!!! I have been on 15 cruises and Halloween is the BEST .

CK
Old April 29th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Beginner

Do the vacationstogo.com cruises tend to have older or younger singles? I have been on cruises before, but I have never gone with a singles company. I just don't have anyone to go with me this time, and I don't want to pay the singles supplement. It sounds like the Halloween cruise is a pretty good deal, I will take a closer look at it.

Thanks!
Old April 29th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Chetter

Default Re: Re: Re: Singles Cruising ...

Bechiann13:

On any singlescruise there is a mixture of Ages . Once you get on the ship everything just tends to work out because youa re having so much fun . Halloween tends to bring out the Kid in all of us no matter how old you are . I suggest you call kate at VTG She is 28 and she'll tell you the scoop .

CK
Old April 29th, 2005, 06:17 PM
booboo4031

I'm signed up on that vtg cruise as well....

Old April 29th, 2005, 07:16 PM
chetter

booboo:

would you please email me at chetter@verizon.net

thanx
Old May 1st, 2005, 01:39 PM
Paul L. Cathcart III

Default Re: Re: Re: Singles Cruising ...

I'm on this VTG Halloween cruise, too...

Paul
Old May 2nd, 2005, 01:41 AM
Admiral

I took a singles cruise with another company and got very lucky my roomate and I got along great, it's a gamble and can go eather way. Most companys only match people on gender, weather they smoke or not , and maybe age. I guess you have to be prepared to meet someone half way if need be. It could be a problem if say your cabin mate is a light sleeper and your a night owl, or vice versa. If your a neat nik and the other person is not. Or if you hook up with a guy and want some privacy.

I would try to put a post up on the message board for cabin mates on this site, and see if you can at least get to know someone via e mail and ask all the important questions. Or you could get a cabin to yourself if you can afford it, or try to get someone you know to go with you a friend male or female. Im so glad I took the trip I did I had a wonderful time and met many great people, now next time I go Im planning to room with one of the gals I just cruised with.