Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to aimsters
Default Singlescruises.com

I was wondering if anyone has used singelscruises.com before? I am thinking of booking a cruise or two with them next year but I would like to hear from other people who have used this agency before. You can either reply to me here or @ the above e-mail address.
Thank you very much.
Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2005, 12:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to asongulove
Default Re: Singlescruises.com

i was on their march cruise, and it was AWESOME. a bunch of us have decided to go again, on the halloween cruise on the LEGEND. i cant recommend it enough. i do have to say in fairness, that they couldve done more mixers and activities, but i think theyve learned from the mistakes and are trying to make each cruise better than the one before...anyways, i'll be there...

email me if you have any questions...

Carnival Piano Bar Performer

Triumph 7/05
Legend 9-10/05
Fascination 11/05
Miracle 1-2/06
Old May 5th, 2005, 10:21 AM
wildjen68

I just got off my fifth singles cruise with them and I have one more this year the halloween cruise on the glory oct 29-nov 5th.I always have a good time on these cruises that's why I keep coming back.If you have any questions feel free to e- mail at wildgirljen68@yahoo.com
Jen/ct
Old May 10th, 2005, 11:29 AM
Jenjen

I went on singlescruise.com's New Year's Eve cruise last year and I had a blast. I was really leary about it, especially about going alone, but I had such a great time that I have already booked the same cruise for NY's Eve next year.
Old May 10th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Nancy/Chicago

Default Re: Re: Singlescruises.com

Went on the January Valor cruise.. had a ball!
Old May 11th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to John G

aimster, OK I am puting on my journalism unbiased hat now. Singlescruise.com is described by many as above......"blast" is probably the most commonly used word. The cruises generally have large groups of singles for the Caribean ones and mexican Riviera ones.....200 + and smaller groups on the departing from NYC and Alaska and European ones. Never ventured to the the Tahiti one, unless I somehow get a payraise. Many of the cruisers are repeat cruisers on these things, and many know one another so it can seem like going into a large high school cafeteria at a new school. "where do I fit in?" This particularly happens on the more popular ones like Halloween and I suppose now the "mexican riviera". They generally do a good job in my experience, with kind of knowledgeable cruise directors, organized singles only cocktail parties, silly games that are way fun even if they are silly, open seating in the dining rooms in a reserved area for singles cruisers only (on Carnival anyway), a wine tasting event where cruisers bring local vintages or favorites and circulate among host cabins, dance lessons with the Carnival entertainment staff for the group. Sometimes the shore excursions are organized where most of the people booking with them are on the excursions which is nice too.....less squalling kids etc. Also there are message boards created by the management to kind of get to know people before the cruise and remenisce and share photos after the cruise plus dinners, get togethers etc in the embarcation ports. Generally I think they are a good thing to try.

Some disadvantages noted by me and others are a kind of clique atmosphere, which really isnt true because 200 plus people are not ALL in a clique, a lot of people are more party focused than destination focused, the affordalble itineraries are limited, no last minute "deals" because they usually have a waiting list, the "freeforall" dining situation, the gamester predators trying to take advantage of people in various stages of grief over loss of a significant relationship etc.

Supposedly the company is expanding itineraries and getting another cruiseline or so for 2006 to book on, but still waiting on that announcement, but I would book one of those if its going anywhere I haven't been five or ten times and can afford it. John from NM

Old May 11th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

John, Thanks so much for your post. You really gave me a good feel as to what a singles cruise is like. I'll probably do a cruise in 2006 and will definately look at cruises offered by Singles Cruise and the other companies that put together singles cruises.
Faith
Old May 13th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Jim from Canada

I'll be on the "Glory-ous" Halloween cruise with SC.com. This wilo be my 3rd cruise with them. I had a great time on the 1st 2 and look forward to a similar experience this time.

Jim
Old May 16th, 2005, 05:31 PM
First Mate

I'm going on my first singlescruise.com to Alaska in June- I will let you know about it when I return. I do know that you don't get as large a turnout for this trip - guess it is becuase it is not warm like the carribbean and it is a bit more of an expense - but one I did not want to miss out on.

Mary
Old May 27th, 2005, 07:24 AM
Whiteknight

I concur with all of the above sentiments with one exception. I don't think I would consider men or women as predatory because they're looking for love or companionship from others regardless of whether they've always been alone or are coming off a disastrous relationship. We're all looking for that feeling of belonging or being a part of something bigger than ourselves. That's the human condition and that's what keeps us going on single's cruises and other single's events. The desire to find a soul mate and not be alone isn't predatory. That desire makes the world go around.
Old May 27th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Ferret

I have seen the predatory behavior. It's not everyone, but there are some (usually men) on there that are just trying to get as many and as much as possible....but that's life in general.

Not everyone is looking for romantic companionship on the cruises. Some people aren't even looking to "hook up" but just want to go on vacation on their own without feeling totally alone.
Old May 27th, 2005, 03:25 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Singlescruises.com

Whitenight - well stated - thank you.

Mary
Old May 27th, 2005, 06:18 PM
Whiteknight

It had to said Mary, but as you can see, it sounds like some people have a bad taste in their mouth from previous relationships or the lack thereof. I didn't say anything about hooking up, but I did include the feeling of belonging and unless I'm mistaken, that's the same thing as not feeling totally alone. We all go on single's cruises because we don't want to cruise alone. However, since hooking up was brought up, I think that's a wonderful natural thing and anyone who doesn't feel that way is missing the boat, in my opinion. When I no longer appreciate the opposite sex, it's time for me to check out. Everyone needs and wants love in one form or another, even if it's only friendship. No man is an island.
Old May 27th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Yeoman

I agree with those who have stated that a lot of people do not go on singles cruises looking to "hook up"." In fact, I have found that "singles" is a misnomer when it comes to defining these organized cruises. I have met many, many people who are traveling "single," i.e. "alone," but are married or in a relationship "back home," but for various and sundry reasons their spouse or boy/girlfriend, partner, whatever, either do not like to cruise or can't get the time off from work. They don't want to travel alone, so they join a group and usually wind up making lifelong friends with others in the same situation and become future travel buddies. So don't consider that everyone traveling by themselves is looking for a romance.

Old June 3rd, 2005, 08:11 AM
Jenjen

I've seen the predatory behavior, and it was ugly. But all you really need to know is that there are only a few bad apples in the bunch and if you keep your eyes open you can see what they are up to pretty easily.
Old June 4th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to John G

I didn't want to cause a problem, but thought in a review the predatory stuff should be mentioned and I have seen it and spent some hours in the cabin or on deck , telling people "dont feel bad, that stuff can happen on these things" It is also true, like Pat says people may not really be single in the way one might interpret it and sometimes long time relationship people and even married people going together on these things just for the atmosphere of them and to see friends they have made on the cruises with this company. As well as "keeping your eyes open" like jen said to avoid "playas" I think the whole idea of cruising has a romantic flavor to it and even more so on singles cruises, but also realize that some people have no intention of looking for Mr or MS RIGHT on these things.