Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Beginner

Default Over 40 Cruises?

Hi All,
I just stumbled apon your website, what a great idea! I have never been on a cruise, I am 44, divorced 5 years and have given up on vacationing as I do not want to go alone. It is time that I re-enter the world. Are there any cruises for single women my age?
Thanks,
Patti
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2005, 01:38 PM
booboo4031

Default Re: Over 40 Cruises?

Ah heck ... don't give up traveling!!! I was married for 14 years and have been divorced for 3... I'm 42. I've done several singles cruises and am booked on one the end of October. If I don't find anything I like in a group arrangement, I go on my own! There's always plenty of people around. I'm going on a cruise next april with someone I met on one of these boards. So pack your bags

Diane

Old May 7th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Passenger

Well I am also 44 and I have been divorced for a couple of years. I am going to my first cruise on July 09 and I am going alone (I also just posted a message on this board concerning singles group x traveling solo). I am a little worried by I am sure it will be OK. I hope to meet other single people my age on the ship, but if I don't I guess I will do a lot of r&r by the pool.

I am a little more worried about meals, as I will be alone and don't know who I will be seating with. I asked for a large table, and I hope that not all the people in that table will be couples.

I will let you know how my experience was
Old May 7th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Yeoman

Patti, you are the ideal age for a singles cruise. Check out our Cruisemates singles cruise calendar and find a date and itinerary you like and let nothing hold you back! Prices are great, and it's never been a better time to be a single cruiser.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions. I am always ready and eager to help.

Old July 29th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Beginner

are you still interested in a cruise ?

scott@wlengler.com

scott
Old July 29th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Over 40 Cruises?

diane

are you an expierenced cruise girl ? i'm 44 and have hot been on a cruise but a diver and been around the ocean and boats my whole life. any thoughts

Scott
Old July 29th, 2005, 01:28 PM
booboo4031

Default Re: Re: Re: Over 40 Cruises?

Hi Scott...

I've done 20+ cruises. When I was married we cruised at least once a year. Since my divorce 3 years ago, I've done 4 cruises. I'm going on my 3rd singles cruise Oct 30th w/ Vacations to Go. The other 2 were with different companies. I've cruised most of the major cruiselines.

Drop me an email if you'd like.

singlecruiser@gmail.com

Diane

Old July 30th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Whiteknight

Hi Patti, Don't ever give up on vacationing just because things didn't work out for you and you're alone. There are a lot of us who've had our share of problems, but there's so much to see and do and life is so short, you can't just give up. Cruising is a great way to vacation and you meet some of the nicest people in the world on cruises. Of course, I knew cruising was great before my wife passed away from Cancer because we always cruised everywhere. You could try out some of the single's cruise agencies listed on this site. There are lots of good ones with a good selection of cruises. I'm going on the Halloween cruise option #1 to the Southern Caribbean (Martinique, St Maarten and Barbados) on October 24th through Singlescruise.com, but that's just one choice of many that are available. Who knows, you might meet the man of your dreams. WK
Old August 4th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Check out JUGS - Just Us Girls. They have cruises for women over 40. I am taking one in late October on the Sun Princess. They look like a fun group.

All the best
Jeana
Old August 5th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Chetter

Greetings :

6 years ago I took my first cruise and 14 cruises later I still get the anticapation about when my next cruise is going to be which is going to be VacationstoGo.com Halloween singles cruise Oct 30th THe Halloween cruise is Fabulous Fun !Fun! Fun! . You meet the best people on Cruises and life long friends is also on the agenda . Make it happen ,You are the only one that can make that phone call and also check out the boards and talk to past cruisers you can get some xclnt info on Cruises

Good luck

Chetter
Old August 5th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Beginner

Hi patti

I'm in the same boat litteraly, I've been thinking about taking a cruise
vacation but sure don't want to go alone. Have you been doing any research
on Royal Caribbien ? If so what do you think.

my email scott@wlengler.com

Talk to ya

Scott
Old August 5th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Over 40 Cruises?

You go girl !!

I like that spirit Diane, travling by yourself sure has it's advantages. e-mail me so I can send you a picture ans see if I stand a chance on one of these singles cruise

Take care

Scott
Old August 7th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Born2Cruise

There's no such thing as being "alone" on a cruise, even if it's not an organized singles cruise. I went on my first cruise last year and ended up going solo because my son (who was going to be my cruisemate) had a family emergency and had to cancel. Even though I've gone on other vacations alone, I was nervous about cruising alone because I'm shy and pretty much a loner. In fact, people warned me I wouldn't enjoy it because I'm not a joiner. But getting on that ship was the best decision I'd made in years...decades even. Cruise people are so warm and friendly and they don't judge anybody based on looks, weight, occupation, wealth (or lack thereof), age, ethnicity or anything else. It's one huge cruisehappy family and they immediately draw you into their group and activities. Even at breakfast people would come and sit with me because I was alone (they didn't know I was enjoying the solitude of staring out over the ocean and not having to rush through my meal). On shore exursions people always invited me to join their group. Even lounging on a deck chair or enjoying some music inside, you're only as alone as you want to be. At kareoke I sat with a group and was cheering as loudly as they were for their "homies" (I had never been to kareoke in my life). It's really up to you as an individual as to how willing you are to leave the shyness on shore and be friendly and outgoing and join in. I'm now addicted to cruisng and plan to take at least one, if not more, a year...my next cruise is coming up in a few short weeks at Labor Day and it looks like I'll be on 2 next year. I'm even starting to look for 2007 cruises. So go on a cruise and have the time of your life. You'll come back loving it as much as the rest of the posters on this board.