Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Passenger

Default Cruising Solo x singles group

I will be cruising solo (first timer). Unfortunately there were no singles cruises advertised for the only time I can take vacation. I am traveling July 09 on the Caribean princess.

By reading on this board the advantages of traveling with a singles group, I am worried I made a mistake booking this solo cruise. Well it is all already paid, so I will make the best of it. Can anyone tell me anything that would make me a little more re-assured?
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Cruising Solo x singles group

Just go to the singles section of Cruisemates and read all the articles on cruising solo, and I think all your questions/concerns will be answered, you will get in a "cruisin' frame of mind," and be counting days till you sail. Let me know if you have any specific questions or concerns. I'm always glad to try and help.

Old May 7th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Cruising Solo x singles group

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your reply. My concern is really regarding dining. I am a little worry about being the only single in a table of couples. What should I tell the Maitre'D? Should I specify the age of the singles I would like to b e seated with? When do I speak with the Maitre'D (or when do they decide the table arrangements)?
Old May 8th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Passenger

I've cruised totally solo before, for my very first cruise even--it's good. Carnival (and I assume Princess would too) put singles of similar ages together at dining room tables--of course this is not a guarantee, just something they try to do! There's actually one advantage to being truly solo--you do feel more motivated to leave your comfort zone and meet more people when there's no group to fall back on.

Now--having said that, I would suggest finding roll calls (or start one if it doesnt' exist) on the various major cruising message boards out there (including this one). You can meet some good people that way.

Todd

Old May 8th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Re: Cruising Solo x singles group

By all means speak to the Maitre d' and tell him you are traveling solo and would like to be seated with other singles. Also check the schedule of events/program that will be in your cabin, and you will probably find that there is a singles gathering that night. By the way, the Maitre d' is almost always available in the dining room as soon as you board to handle special seating requests. When you check in, ask about this.

Have fun!

Old May 9th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Cruising Solo x singles group

Thank you all for you help.

Eliane

Old May 9th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Luther

The last cruise I was on solo, I dined with a Mormon mother and daughter, two middle aged women school teachers from Arizona, and an antique dealer from the Bronx and his boy friend. We all got along just fine, but we saw each other only at dinner. It was not a problem. If your dinner companions are not compatable, its probably that they are jerks. Then change tables.