Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2005, 04:10 PM
booboo4031

Default Re: Re: Re: Vacationtogo/Star Princess

I'm booked on the Golden Princess 4/22/06... I'm traveling with a friend. I'm single she is married but leaving hubby behind for the cruise. She is staying on the ship for a 2nd week and hubby is joining her.

We have booked a mini-suite on the emerald deck. Karen & I met on one of the boards and she and her hubby were doing back to back cruises on the Carnival Legend and one of those weeks I was on a singles cruise.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Old July 9th, 2005, 12:35 PM
Chetter

Default Re: Vacationtogo/Star Princess

FYI I just got my Hotel for the Pre cruise (Vacationstogo.com Halloween Singles cruise) stay on Priceline For 59.00 per night .Its the Sharaton Airport Hotel ajacent to the Ft. lauderdale Airport and its only about 2.5 miles from the Cruise Ship Pier This a is a 3 star hotel . Book early and save Money , this is a very good price and Sheraton Hotels are nice .

Chetter

PS Just in case you want to book thru Priceline Put in for the Ft Lauderdale Airport Hotels
Old July 11th, 2005, 02:18 PM
cathy coots

I have booked 3 cruises with VTG; they were wonderful. Documents received timeley & VTG even "matched" competitors prices. For example, Expedia or Orbitz offered an incentive of credit card rewards & VTG matched the amount but gave it to us as a shipboard credit. They are a very reputable company.

Princess is great. You can go on line & view your cabin location and book tours. I would recommend you consider your dinner assignment. I liked alternative dining so when we had excursions; we could alter the dining time. I recommend eating between 5:45 and 6:15; this gives you plenty of time to do 1 or 2 shows, then be back to your room around 10:30 or 11p.

You may also want to "tag" your luggage with something "big". I use the colored bath sponges @ Walmart for $1.99. Everyone uses "ribbon" and when you retrieve your luggage; it isn't very noticeable. I also have used felt material in red/yellow & green (cut into 4" squares with a hole cut in the middle of all 3 swatches then wrapped around my suitcase handle with a pipe cleaner) It makes finding your bag easier. I also would recommend if you shop a lot to take an extra/empty duffle bag. Also take #30 or 45 sunscreen.

I hope you enjoy your trip. We've cruised at least 10 times and Princess is our most favorite (compared with HAL or Carnival).
Old July 11th, 2005, 02:19 PM
cathy coots

I have booked 3 cruises with VTG; they were wonderful. Documents received timeley & VTG even "matched" competitors prices. For example, Expedia or Orbitz offered an incentive of credit card rewards & VTG matched the amount but gave it to us as a shipboard credit. They are a very reputable company.

Princess is great. You can go on line & view your cabin location and book tours. I would recommend you consider your dinner assignment. I liked alternative dining so when we had excursions; we could alter the dining time. I recommend eating between 5:45 and 6:15; this gives you plenty of time to do 1 or 2 shows, then be back to your room around 10:30 or 11p.

You may also want to "tag" your luggage with something "big". I use the colored bath sponges @ Walmart for $1.99. Everyone uses "ribbon" and when you retrieve your luggage; it isn't very noticeable. I also have used felt material in red/yellow & green (cut into 4" squares with a hole cut in the middle of all 3 swatches then wrapped around my suitcase handle with a pipe cleaner) It makes finding your bag easier. I also would recommend if you shop a lot to take an extra/empty duffle bag. Also take #30 or 45 sunscreen.

I hope you enjoy your trip. We've cruised at least 10 times and Princess is our most favorite (compared with HAL or Carnival).
Old July 13th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Vacationtogo/Star Princess

Thanks Cathy for the info, I am sure I will have a great time.
Old July 26th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Beginner

Hi gang,
I just booked on this cruise with VTG for halloween and look forward to meeting all. Of course I already know chetter from a previous cruise with SC ,, and ladies,, I hate to tell you this but he is one ugly rascal,, truly sad and pitiful,, but then again we cant all look like me and Brad Pitt,, ha ha !! Cant wait,,, Gary
Old July 26th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Passenger

Welcome aboard Gary

Old July 26th, 2005, 10:59 PM
CK

Oh Gary you are such A BAD BOY . Darn Gary you blew my Cover . I was telling everybody that I look Pierce Bronson . Oh well , Darn we are going to Party anyhow I owe you one bro

Chetter
Old July 28th, 2005, 04:02 PM
footprints in the sand

Hello!

I just booked my first singles cruise with vacationstogo! It sails Dec.11th-18th...
I would love your feed back on this type of cruise.
Regarding vacationstogo, I booked an Alaskan cruise this past May. It was wonderful! (it was not a single's cruise though)

Anyway,Look forward to any advise or information you can pass along.
Shauna
Old July 28th, 2005, 04:07 PM
booboo4031

Hi Shauna

I'm booked on this singles cruise. I've done several singles cruises, but this is the first with VTG. The chat board is supposed to go up the beginning of August and from what I've heard it's supposed to be a pretty big group.

I know vtg has a shore excursion option for GC, but i'm skipping that one since I've been to stingray city too many times. I did book the Dolphin Discovery royal swim last night for Cozumel. I've heard so many great things about swimming with the dolphins.

Where are you coming from??

Diane