Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Passenger

Default Vacationtogo/Star Princess

I am in the process of booking my self on the Star Princess sailing October 30th - November 6th from FT Lauderdale (Carribean Cruise). It is my first time to cruise, anybody know about the ship or the agency service. I am booking with Vacationtogo
Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2005, 08:34 PM
booboo4031

Default Re: Vacationtogo/Star Princess

I'm booked on that cruise... This is my first one with vtg... but i've done singles cruises with other agencies. I've sailed on other princess ships before..... I'm sure it will be fun.

Old June 10th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Chetter

You made a wise dicision You will have a great time I guarantee it . I can't wait !Anybody for Jet Skiing in Grand Cayman Island ? If you never been to Grand Cayman Island Do the Sting Ray City Tour Its allot Of fun . I 've done it 6 times so I'm going Jet Skiing .

Chetter
Old June 11th, 2005, 01:23 AM
Passenger

Thanks, I cannot wait
Old June 11th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Chetter

Default Re: Re: Vacationtogo/Star Princess

Don't forget to buy a Halloween costume , The whole ship dresses up for the halloween partys . Just out of curiosity Where are you from and How old are you ?

Chetter
Old June 11th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Vacationtogo/Star Princess

I am from Canada and I am 40.

Thanks

Magdalen
Old June 13th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Vacationtogo/Star Princess

Today, I signed up with vacation to go, Western Carribean cruise sailing on October 30th/05 on the Star Princess. This is my first cruise, Romeo told me that it is going to be the largest group ever, they arleady have over 200 singles signed up. I cannot wait, I am so excited, I will be counting the days on my finger tips.

Magdalen

P.S: Could somebody show how to add how many days to go and on what ship on my communication. Thanks
Old June 20th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have been looking at the cruise for some time. There are a lot of reasons I'm "on the fence" . One of them was that I did not like this company's better business bureau rating. Does anybody have any personal expereinces with this travel company they care to share? (I hope that's allowed).
Old June 20th, 2005, 06:54 PM
wildjen68

I haven't had any experiences with this company they started doing singles cruises I think last year.I have experience with singlescruise.com I've been on five cruises with them and Iam going on this years halloween cruise on the glory oct 29th-nov5th out of port canveral this their most popular cruise of the year last year they had 550 singles on it that should tell you something about a company if they can get number of people on cruise.This year they are having two different cruise for halloween that will have around 300 each this year.The glory october 29th-november 5th and an 8 day cruise out of FLL . Iam also going on the mardi gras cruise in febuary If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me at anytime wildgirljen68@yahoo.com
Jen/ct
Old June 20th, 2005, 08:46 PM
booboo4031

Well TD, I cancelled on the sc.com Halloween cruise for the same reason that you're on the fence with VTG. I called the BBB and AG in Michigan and was not happy with what I was told... so I did book with VTG. Whoever you book with, make sure you use a credit card.... that is your best recourse!

Old June 21st, 2005, 04:11 AM
Ferret

Wait, what did you hear from the BBB?

I'm going on the Halloween cruise on Carnival Legend, but I booked directly through carnival. I don't mind paying extra, but I SC's their price was over $100 more for the same exact room.

And Jen, did you see the same Mardi Gras cruise is being offered by VTG for less?
Old June 21st, 2005, 09:25 AM
booboo4031

I wasn't happy with their rating. I was having difficulty getting information getting info I wanted on my booking from sc.com so I was just not comfortable with the booking so I canelled. I have used several different agencies including sc.com (before they were sold) ... and never had any trouble getting information about my booking and decided this wasn't worth the trouble. So I booked w/ VTG and have had great response from Dixie and have encountered no troubles.

Old June 21st, 2005, 09:55 AM
PaulM

OH NO..i cant decide!..it will be either vacationstogo on 10/30 or singlecruises on 10/29...someone tell me what to do!..lol..maybe ill book whichever one gets referred to next in this thread..really i should go on the star princess because ive mainly cruised on carnival..then again..i get the impression that singlescruise has the better developed singles programs...hmmm..i see i am talking to myself here..lol..someoone post and tell me what to do!..lol..i want to do something today!
Old June 21st, 2005, 10:37 AM
wildjen68

go With singlescruise.com I have never had any problem with them at all.The company has been doing singles cruises alot longer then VTG.Iam very happy with them I think your best bet is to go with better known for there singles cruise.They have the best cruise directors. Two of our cruise directors have actually worked for carnival.So they have plenty of experience in this area. We even have the Pat Hagan Going on this cruise She's in charge of this singles section on this board.One other thing you haven't see too many people saying that then went with VTG on this board you see alot more threads about singlescruise.comand very few people have anything bad to say about this company.One other thing is that they can get a huge amount of people to go on there cruises last year even though it was to many we had 550 on the halloween cruise in our group so that's why this year they are having two differnet halloween cruise they have about 300 each.I don't think VTG can even get close to those numbers.
I saw that VTG was a little cheaper for the mardi gras cruise I think singlescruise will probably have more activities then VTG that's probably why.
If you have any questions feel free to e-mail at any time wildgirljen68@yahoo.com

Jen/ct
Old June 21st, 2005, 10:50 AM
WILDGIRLJEN68

Sorry I forgot something to say about singlescruise.com.I think Iam pretty experienced about singlescruise I have been on five of them with singlescruise.com and halloween will be my 6th and mardi gras will be my 7th cruise with this company i don't think anyone can say that they have been or going on that many singles cruise with VTG because they are so new.I also haven't seen any review about VTG on this board it's mostly about singlescruise.com that should tell you something also about a company.
Jen/ct
Old June 21st, 2005, 11:03 AM
booboo4031

If you have concerns.... get all your information from all available resources and make an informed decision. Always pay with a credit card because that is your best recourse. I've learned over time when it comes to travel that opinions of others factor very little into decisions because there are bias' all around. Enjoy whatever you choose!

Old June 21st, 2005, 12:05 PM
PaulM

well i booked (or at least im waiting for a confirmation call) on the star princess..jen you were a great help but because im going on the carnival glory with my kids in august, i wanted to try something different..booboo..you also had great advice for me to make an informed decision and i should do my own research but despite that...im just going to try star princess and see what happens..ya know?..sometimes i need my random side to win a few...lol
Old June 21st, 2005, 12:10 PM
wildjen68

Maybe next time then.
Jen
Old June 21st, 2005, 04:19 PM
Passenger

Welcome aboard Paul
Old June 21st, 2005, 08:25 PM
PaulM

thanks..really looking forward to it...even tho i have a cruise in august with my kids...the halloween one will be the first thing i have done by myself....im already practicing my social skills..lol...i need to find out about the chat area or posting area they said existed for people who are booked
Old June 21st, 2005, 08:38 PM
booboo4031

The board for the vtg halloween cruise has not been set up yet. Dixie said about 60 days in advance. Where are you coming from??

Old June 21st, 2005, 09:03 PM
PaulM

im from michigan...not sure if i will drive of fly to the port..how about you?
Old June 21st, 2005, 09:27 PM
booboo4031

I'm flying into Orlando on the 28th from NH and then on the 30th either I'll take a puddle jump flight or my dad will drive me over to Fort Lauderdale.

Diane

Old June 21st, 2005, 11:21 PM
Chetter

Paul :You made a wise dicision . It s going to be so much fun !Wait until they put up the Yahoo Site , everybody will get to know each other before the cruise . Looking forward to meeting everyone !

Chetter

PS Jen E-mail me
Old June 21st, 2005, 11:24 PM
Chetter

Default Re: Re: Re: Vacationtogo/Star Princess

The Yahoo site should be up in the First week in August . I think I will paly a Mission Impossible And talk to VTG and see if we can get one up Earlier

Chetter
Old June 22nd, 2005, 08:10 AM
PaulM

chetter: go for it!..tell them we are slow typers and need the extra time!
Old June 22nd, 2005, 07:45 PM
wildjen68

Done check you mail chetter.
Jen
Old June 24th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Lena?ottawa

Refreshing post
Old June 24th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Jocia

I can speak for both agencies. I've been on 4 SC.com cruises and 1 with VTG back in May. With SC.com, I have a blast. I can't think of a single time that I didn't come back with a story to go with each picture I took. I've met lots of people that I still keep in contact with. There's are plenty of activities that you can do, and if you don't like them, there are plenty of people to hang with. To be honest, the cruise with VTG was nice. The cruise directors were cool, but there weren't that many activities, and I would have probably gone to more if I remembered that they were going on. That's one I'll give to SC, the directors always remind you of the activities. My trip with VTG reminded me of the first day of school, when everyone's getting to know each other, but it lasted for 3 days. I'll try them again if I see a cruise that I find interesting, but only if there isn't anything with SC.

Dana
Old July 8th, 2005, 05:02 PM
Linda K.

Hi!
What date will you be on the Golden Princess? ( I was too lazy to count the days!) I just booked it for 4/22/06, my first ever solo trip!! I'm hoping to find people on the boards to hang around with onboard!

Linda