Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 13th, 2005, 12:54 PM
First Mate

Default Club Getaway Single Cruises

Has anyone been on the Club Getaway Single Cruises?

If so, what are your opinion?
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Club Getaway Single Cruises

I have no experience with Club Getaway. How about, anybody else?

Old June 13th, 2005, 05:12 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Club Getaway Single Cruises

I have been to their website but notice that the guests were too good looking to be "cruise guests".

But after talking with an employee of Club Getaway that's their guest.

"Go Figure"
Old July 15th, 2005, 01:18 PM
Familiar Face

I went on their annual cruise this past February. It was the best time ever. Club Getaway is a singles "camp" based in CT. They have weekend getaways for "adults" from May-Sept. Once a year they book a cruise with Costa. (Although there is one this Sept. on Carnival). Guy/girl ratio is 50/50. They bring about 8 staff members. Anyone who is between about 25-45 and single should absolutely, positively go. This includes their weekends too. I can't say enough about them.
Old August 4th, 2005, 09:03 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Club Getaway Single Cruises

Do you know how many guest they will have on their September cruise?
Old August 4th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Hondo

Default Re: Re: Re: Club Getaway Single Cruises

Hello:

I'm seriously looking into the February cruise. I've been on two cruises with another company but this one sounds like it will more active with a lot more activities. If not, at least the ship has a volleyball court. <G>

Hondo
Old August 8th, 2005, 11:13 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Club Getaway Single Cruises

Hondo,

I have decided to go on this cruise though I plan to go all-out and get a single cabin with a large balocany it will be expensive. I could have gotten a lower price by not going with the group but I definately be left out.

Al
Old August 27th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to asongulove

i'll be on the sep 26 "apprentice" cruise...i believe club getaway has 125 ppl going so far...

Carnival Piano Bar Performer

Triumph 7/05
Legend 9-10/05
Fascination 11/05
Miracle 1-2/06
Old September 21st, 2005, 12:10 PM
Familiar Face

In response to a previous question, Club Getaway reserves about 300 spaces on their cruises (and weekends), and they keep the guy/girl ratio at about 50/50. I believe last year's cruise had 265 guests. Barring any disasters, I will be going on their cruise again in Feb. '06 (along with about 25 others from the '05 cruise). Phil
Old September 21st, 2005, 01:53 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnyy
In response to a previous question, Club Getaway reserves about 300 spaces on their cruises (and weekends), and they keep the guy/girl ratio at about 50/50. I believe last year's cruise had 265 guests. Barring any disasters, I will be going on their cruise again in Feb. '06 (along with about 25 others from the '05 cruise). Phil
I have been on their website and they have SOLDOUT of the low priced cabins and I was tempted to sign up for the cruise but had to decline because of I wanted a solo room with balcony and the money was not there. Also being a "high profile" cruise you tend to get alot of guys running around the ship trying to "hook up" with the single women and the single women who are put off by those guys. You will get alot of folks putting on aires to impress each other. So if you are trying to meet someone on that cruise this not the ship to be on.

Through I would love to see the photos and trip reports from guest of the Trump and the Feb 06 cruise.

Anyone agree with me on this?
Old September 29th, 2005, 11:19 PM
Beginner

I went on the 2005 Feb singles cruise & had a blast...will go again in Feb 2006. It was very well organized. Singles of all ages & walks of life were there. This was my first singles cruise, so I can't compare it to any other company's cruise.
I would like input from singles who have been on other cruises & can compare.
Vic
Old October 3rd, 2005, 09:54 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachtnik
I went on the 2005 Feb singles cruise & had a blast...will go again in Feb 2006. It was very well organized. Singles of all ages & walks of life were there
I can't help you there, Vic since I will be taking my first cruise in late December but I was interested in making a reservation for the Club Getaway in February. Can you tell us how many were in attendance at the last cruise?

Also if anyone who taken the Trump cruise this past week can you give us a trip report?
Old October 15th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Beginner

Hey Beetlegator, here's what I've been able to find out. I went on Club Getaway's Feb/05 cruise, & they had a sold out total of approx 275 guests. I've spoken to others who've been only on singlescruise.com cruises. They have also had a similar fun experience.
From all information until now, I surmise that both experiences will be great. I fugure that Club Getaway has more 20 something yr. olds, because it's emphasis is on outdoor sports. Therefore it attracts more of your "weekend backpack" types...which tend to be younger, at least in the female category.
Any further experiences could change this assumption.
beachtnic
Old October 15th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Beginner

Default Response to Beachtnik

I am a 36yo female and I would like to go on a singles cruise with loads of activities. I was interested in the Club Getaway cruise. Was there other people in my age group on the cruise last year?????????? The website advertised all the activities I am interested in.
Old October 15th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Yeoman

I hope all of you going on the February cruise will post here when you return and tell us all about it. It sounds great.
Old October 15th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Beginner

Hey Ornurse, all the activities that are listed there (& more that aren't listed) do occur. I believe because there were 8 activity directors to keep the action constantly going - there were no obvious kinks (or time to mope). The activity directors were like cheerleaders, constantly going from guest to guest reminding them to be there for the next scheduled activity - no excuses. As for people your age (36), there were more than plently - actually a good cross section across all ages with an even male/female distribution. On top of that, another reason I went on their winter cruise is it left in mid Feb...just in time to recover from the holiday celebrations, & really begin to complain about the too long winter in the US.

beachtnik
Old October 16th, 2005, 01:03 PM
Beginner

Default hey beachtnik and anyone else with info

What has everyone heard about the singles cruises at VacationsToGo? Please share your info, Thanks
Old October 18th, 2005, 12:46 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Hey Beetlegator, here's what I've been able to find out. I went on Club Getaway's Feb/05 cruise, & they had a sold out total of approx 275 guests.
Thanks Beachtnik,

I had my heart set on the cruise in February but decided not to take it. From the photos on Club Getaway it seems like a 30/40ish crowd which is great but I would still go solo on the room.

Though I am curious about the Trump cruise . . .
Old October 20th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: Response to Beachtnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ornurse
I am a 36yo female and I would like to go on a singles cruise with loads of activities. I was interested in the Club Getaway cruise. Was there other people in my age group on the cruise last year?????????? The website advertised all the activities I am interested in.
ORNURSE, I went on CG's 2005 cruise. Like Vic said, most people on the Club Getaway cruise were between 25 and 45. So you fall right in the middle as far as age. It's also equally split guy/girl ratio. I think they also have more activities than most singles cruises- they bring like 8 staff members. If you go on this cruise you will love it. Phil
Old February 20th, 2006, 08:39 AM
First Mate

Now that Club Getaway cruise is ended can anyone who been tell us if you enjoyed the event?
Old February 20th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Beginner

Have just finished unpacking from the Club Getaway singles cruise ending Feb 19/06. This is my second & they just keep getting better. The bartenders in the live music dance lounge outside the disco told me they've never ever experienced such a large crowd on a nightly basis. This wasn't a heavy drinking crowd, but just a high energy tireless partying/dancing crowd. A very good mix of people for the over 30 y.o. singles with a median age of perhaps the upper 30's/ early 40's well preserved beautiful people. The Club Getaway staff was as organized as ever onboard the ship & the shore excursions, & we ended up with an over 1000 photo CD taken by a Getaway staff member chronicalling our activities. Can't wait for the next one. Will post some of the pics from my CD after some much needed rest from this vacation.
Beachtnik
Old February 20th, 2006, 10:38 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Will post some of the pics from my CD after some much needed rest from this vacation.
Beachtnik
Take that well deserve rest Beachtnik, when you come back to this board I have many questions to ask you.

1. How many Club Getaway guests do you think were on aboard?

2. Where there an evenly match of men and women?

3. Did everyone had a great time?

Thank you for letting us know the age range (30s and early 40s) believe it or not, it says volumes. Can't wait to view the photos.
Old February 20th, 2006, 03:05 PM
Beginner

Hey Beetlegator

I was told that there were slightly over 200 guests + 8 activity directors, including the owner/president of Club Getaway to keep things at their best. I was also told that the male/female ratio was 1.2 to 1 (I'm not sure which direction). My personal observation was that appeared right. There appeared to be a large number of guests from the Northeast US.

As for everyone having fun, as you know that's impossible. You could make instant friends with just about everyone, as the turnout for all the activities & social cocktails was high (we overran the bars, although there were 2000 other passengers onboard), & everyone was very friendly towards each other. But if your agenda was to meet your significant other soulmate, then there were of-course some disappointments among some of the people I met.

Overall, I felt that the comradeship & courtesy of all the Getaway guests towards each other was much friendlier than any singles bar that I ever went to & most cruisemates with a realistic agenda were thrilled.

I'll get you the pics later.
Beachtnik
Old February 20th, 2006, 03:29 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Hey Beetlegator

I was told that there were slightly over 200 guests . . .

I thought there would be 300 guest but 200 is still a huge crowd.

As for everyone having fun, as you know that's impossible. . . But if your agenda was to meet your significant other soulmate, then there were of-course some disappointments among some of the people I met.

Hmmm, I was wonder who was disappointed the men or the women. I guess the photos that Club Getaway post were misleading?

Overall, I felt that the comradeship & courtesy of all the Getaway guests towards each other was much friendlier than any singles bar that I ever went to & most cruisemates with a realistic agenda were thrilled.

I am still glad that everyone had a great time.

I'll get you the pics later.

Can't wait to see them though I will look at CGA website to see their photos.
Beachtnik
The reason I am interested in the cruises like Club Getaway and other sites catering to singles is that it can be misleading to anyone who are first-time cruises looking to find a relationship. I have talked with many people who did and I am happy to hear about it. But I am also not surprise to hear alot of disappointments.

Beachtnik, would you go again next year?
Old February 20th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Beginner

Hey Beetlegator

I definitely plan to go again next year. I'm also searching for a second good singles cruise so I can compare with the Getaway cruise.

I feel that finding a serious relationship for "hardened" singles is very difficult anywhere. All an organization can do is put people together in a fun, organized, & planned setting & hope for the best. I feel that Getaway achieved that goal admirably for the age crowd mentioned. No cruise that I know at this time accepts or refuses guests based solely on matching personality profiles, as would a dating service.

Beachtnik