Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2005, 06:22 AM
BILL B

Default SINGLES

I AM A 62 YR OLD WIDOWED MALE---WHAT IS A GOOD SINGLES CRUISE LINE --FOR 50 AND OVER---PLEASE LET ME KNOW
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2005, 09:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: SINGLES

I have heard HAL does a lot of fun things for singles in your demographic, but I have to 1st hand experience. .
Old June 24th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Yeoman

Bill, I like NCL for older singles, also Crystal and Holland America. I also find older cruisers tend to take longer cruises, at least seven nights.

Old June 25th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

I've never had HAL do any "fun" things for me as a single cruiser, but I recommend them. You'll find more people in your age group on HAL, both single and married. If you sail during non-peak times (fewer kids!), HAL has some cruises with 140% single supplements. I've never felt out of place on HAL.

Shelby
Old June 28th, 2005, 05:58 PM
LoLo

Bill

If you find a cruise that seem's to suite 50 and over, let me know.
I'm in the same group your in.
Old July 2nd, 2005, 12:54 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

Me too.
Old July 11th, 2005, 09:27 PM
rocketcitylady

I sailed with HAL once - Westerdam Jan 05. They seem to have a reputation for having a mature following. Knowing that, I gave them a try. Although their single supplement seems the most reasonable of the lines, I will probably not sail with them again. At 56, I felt like a youngster. Most of the passengers were old, in age as well as spirit. I like to be around old folk who are lively and have a since of humor - not stuffy people. One positive thing about sailing solo on HAL is their single/solo cruiser luncheons, which seems more comfortable that the typical single gatherings, which I have never attended, but understand them to be like little cocktail socials. In May 05, I did a transatlantic sailing on RCCL's Jewell of the Seas. The passenger demographics were probably about the same, but the entertainment was much more upbeat than on the Westerdam. Also, the elderly passengers were fun and energetic - even those in wheelchairs. On the Jewell senior citizens were at the disco kicking it up to the sounds of the Village People. On the Westedam, the passengers would probably have been appalled by Village People music. And, contrary to a previous comment, I am not a novice cruiser. I have cruised about 15 times since 1998, usually during the Nov - Feb timeframe.
Old July 23rd, 2005, 10:17 PM
Denise H

I am a 50 year old widowed female looking to take my first cruise. Have you found out which are the best cruises to take to be with people our age to have fun?