Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2005, 07:46 AM
First Mate

Default Shortage of Men on Cruises

I notice there are female members who are asking male members to come on certain cruises because of the shortage of men on the trip as a single male I found this amusing. Any single male would be excited to hear this "problem" but know this, if you do not have the personality to talk to women you maybe out of luck. Also if you are looking for a "Pamela Anderson or Hallie Berry" type women on the cruise you also maybe out of luck.

This is a tip for both single men and women who plan to go on a "single cruise".

DON'T RAISE YOUR EXPECTATIONS!!!

Just go and have fun.

Al
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2005, 11:20 AM
Chetter

Default Re: Shortage of Men on Cruises

You are right on the Money ! Very well said !
Chetter
Old June 21st, 2005, 12:55 PM
Ferret

I have been on a few singles cruises. They always seemed pretty even. The only time there is a real difference is the high-end cruises. They actually have "gentleman hosts" onboard to entertain the single women. What a gig!

Either way, having socialization skills would do everyone a lot of good, but I know a lot of people are shy. I am lucky that I am not.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 01:07 AM
Like to Cruise

Its not necessarily the high end cruises but cruises which tend to attract older people that have the "gentlemen hosts." Professional men who are over 65 get to cruise free in exchange for dancing with women. The women tend to also be in the old age group. The cruise lines only let the men but not women cruise for free.

Why is it that if women seek to cruise for free in exchange for dancing with a men there are snide sexist comments but no such derogatory comments are made about the "gentlemen hosts." The proportion of more women then men on cruises tends to be most pronounced among older persons for some reason. The cruise lines dont let women cruise free to dance with men.
Old June 22nd, 2005, 05:01 PM
Whiteknight

I would imagine the women are saying the same thing about the men. The women look as good as the men. Some of the cruiselines hire men to dance with the women passengers because there are more women cruisers. Women outlive men, as a rule, and women are more apt to cruise then guys as they get older. Most guys just like to sit in front of the tube and watch sporting events and not spend money on anything else. As for the dance hosts, it's not what it seems. Their time is the cruiselines time, so they have very little time to themselves. They can't spend their time with one person whom they may like. They have to dance with everyone equally. And dancing for hours on end with everyone isn't as much fun as it sounds. How many guys do you know who enjoy dancing for what seems like forever without the benefit of alcoholic beverages. It's not a free cruise, it's a job and a very demanding one at that.