Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2005, 09:01 PM
CLB

Default Re: single females over 50

Hi everyone!

This has the makings of a GREAT travel buddy group. I am a 48 yo single, straight female who is looking for cruising companions also. So far I have cruised with friends, some couples some not. I have been on 10 cruises. I believe I may be running out of friends who have the great desire to cruise at least once a year.
Please add me to the list for contact should this group come into reality.
Happy cruising everyone!!

clb
Old August 16th, 2005, 07:35 AM
KathySoBe

Default Re: Re: single females over 50

Judy Fla & the LADIESYoungish retired straight female(20 cruises), likes 10/29 itin. would do inside. Saw at $729.recently.ALSO interested in 06 Princess Haw.-Tahiti & Transatlantic. I like Celebrity & would try Oceana. Like an upscale experience,no CCL,RCL, etc. Lets do it!!!
Old August 16th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Linda K

Joanne-- Please let me know if you decide on the Golden for 4/22-- I'd love to know some friendly penpals before the cruise, since I just might be going alone!

Linda K.
Old August 16th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Judy in FL

Hi Ladies!

I posted earlier looking for a room mate. I joined a ladies cruising group, 40+ , divorced, widowed, single, married but w/ hubbys that don't sail, etc etc. from all over the US. About 25 are going. It is SUN PRINCESS 10 day Oct 29th sailing from Ft Lauderdale. I found a room mate on the boards and can't wait until sailing time!!!

Next Holloween the planned cruise is in Europe. Some of the girls are doing just the Europe part and others are staying onboard for the transatlantic part. I haven't made up my mind if I'll go on that one -- sounds great, but want to wait until the Sun cruise is over.

Keep in touch and maybe we'll get our own group together on a sailing!!

Judy ........................ rxrph@aol.com
Old August 16th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Jo J

Hi Everyone,

Linda - Sorry, but we ended up booking the Golden Princess for 4/1/06. It was a good deal that we couldn't pass up.

My friend & I were also talking about either a Hawaiian or Mexican Riviera cruise for December '06 - would anyone be interested in that? I haven't had the chance to look that far ahead yet, but if anyone hears of any good deals out there, please pass them along.

Happy Sailing
Joanne
Old August 16th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Nanci

HI Cruizin Ladies: I am one of the original posters and so happy to see there are so many like us who love to cruise and want to cruise solo. As I mentioned (I think back in June) I have been on over 30 cruises but only one as a solo and it was wonderful. I live in the Fort Lauderdale area, only 20 min. from Port Everglades. If anyone needs any touristy advice for this area please let me know and I will be happy to assist.
Old August 19th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Linda K

Joanne-- I'm glad you got a deal! You'll have to let me know how it was when you get back!!
Talk to you soon-- Linda
Old August 20th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Jo J

Hi Everyone,

Well it appears that there are approx 15 of us on this thread now. I have started to put together an email list but am missing a few addresses yet. If anyone wants to join the list, send me your email address to: jocat07@aol.com. Please put "Over 50 Singles Cruising" in the subject line (and I will do the same) so I don't inadvertently delete any as spam. I will forward the list to everyone on it as soon as I can.

I think this has the makings of a fantastic group.

Joanne
Old August 21st, 2005, 10:18 AM
Jo J

Hi All,

I've just put together the email list and sent it out to everyone. If you didn't receive it, it's because I did not have your email address. If you would like me to add you to the list, drop me your email address (jocat07@aol.com) and I'll share it with the others.

Safe Travel to all.
Joanne
Old August 21st, 2005, 09:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Nanci

Joanne: I just sent you a thank you e-mail in response to your list.
Old August 21st, 2005, 10:06 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to Harbahqueen

HI Joanne,

I would like to be added to the list. I am 49 , will turn 50 in March. I am very interested in this group! My email is Mrodes21@aol.com.

Thanks,
Maureen
Old August 22nd, 2005, 09:02 PM
Jo J

Hi Maureen - Welcome. There's also another Maureen on the list. I have added your name & email address. Let me know if you don't receive my email.

Nanci - I received your note. Thank you
Old August 22nd, 2005, 09:13 PM
Jo T

Maureen - I tried to email you but received the message that the email address you listed was not in use.
Old August 22nd, 2005, 09:33 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to Harbahqueen

oops... lol..sorry about that.. I forgot a #.. its Mrodes321@aol.com.. Thanks..Maureen
Old August 24th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Linda K

Hi, Joanne!

If you want to do the Mexican Riviera--my very favorite destination, land or sea--look into the Norwegian Star, leaving from LA. They have the very best of the Mexican itineraries: Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Cabo San Lucas--- 8 nights. I went last November for the Thanksgiving cruise and would do the same cruise again!

If you ever decide to do Mexico, please let me know!!

Linda
Old August 24th, 2005, 06:17 PM
Passenger

Linda K.

I went on the same itinerary in November 2004 on Carnival Spirit., 8 days out of San Diego. I liked the Carnival Spirit better than the Norwegian Star , which I cruised in Hawaii a couple of years ago.

Regal Princess 4/03
Norwegian Star 11/03
Norwegian Wind 4/04
Dawn Princess 5/04
Norwegian Wind 9/04
Carnival Spirit 11/04
Norwegian Wind 3/05
Holland America Ryndam 5/05(2, back 2 back)
Carnival Liberty 9/05
NCL America, Pride of America 12/05
Norwegian Wind 4/06
Carnival Liberty 11/06
Old August 24th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Beginner

Thanks again to Joanne for putting together the e-mail list. Let's keep this going. Would love a trip to Europe, Hawaii. Panama Canal. Would love a change from Caribbean----even though anyplace is fine as long as I'm on a ship.
Looking forward to meeting some of you on a trip in the near future.
Sharon
Old August 24th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Jo J

Hi All,

Linda - I was looking at that very cruise!!

Chazz - what made the Carnival experience so much better?

Everyone: I've got 2 more names/email addresses to share with you. Will send email shortly. If anyone gets tired of receiving updates, please let me know & I'll remove your address from distribution.

So many cruises yet to take - my mantra has become:
"Come On Lotto"!!!!!!!!!!!
Old August 24th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Passenger

Jo J : It was the ship. I think it's a newer ship. What stands out in my mind are cabins and Food Service on the Lido deck

I had an outside cabin on both ships, The cabins seemed larger and the mattresses were plusher and more comfortable

The Lido Deck was laid out with a number of serving lines with various types of food served daily; ie Thai, Japanese, Chinese, Jamaican, American, etc. there must have been 7 or 8 lines/choices rather than the traditional 2 lines on most of the ships I've cruised on.

Both had excellent service and terrific entertainment.

I just remembered this: I got a better rate on Carnival for my single cabin (Standard cabin with only one occupant)

Regal Princess 4/03
Norwegian Star 11/03
Norwegian Wind 4/04
Dawn Princess 5/04
Norwegian Wind 9/04
Carnival Spirit 11/04
Norwegian Wind 3/05
Holland America Ryndam 5/05(2, back 2 back)
Carnival Liberty 9/05
NCL America, Pride of America 12/05
Norwegian Wind 4/06
Carnival Liberty 11/06
Old August 25th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Lynn48

I've noticed that BOTH "Cruising for Love" and "Singlescruise" are booked for the Carnival Liberty on January 15th - out of Fort Lauderdale. Is anyone going?

Lynn
Old August 30th, 2005, 10:09 PM
Jo J

Thanks for the comparison Chazz. I'll be taking my first Carnival cruise in Nov so I can compare it to the NCL cruise I took earlier this year. I'm new to this whole world of cruising, so I'm still learning as I go. I appreciate any/all feedback I can get.
Old August 31st, 2005, 12:49 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Glory 9/3

Hi:

I'm an almost 47 year old male who is traveling solo on the Sept. 3 Carnival Glory. I met some people on the cruisecritic.com message boards and we are going to meet at the pizzeria right after the lifeboat drill; go to the carnival roll call thread on cruisecritic.com for details. I'm sure that you are welcome to join us.

Write back and say hello if you aren't too busy packing.

David
Old August 31st, 2005, 12:59 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Carnival Glory 9/3

Hi again:

My previous message was directed to Born2Cruise who is also going on the above trip.

David
Old September 5th, 2005, 11:25 AM
Jo J

Hi Everyone,

There's been some talk about NCL Star, Mexican Riviera, for 11/14/06. Anyone else interested?
Old September 15th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Familiar Face

For Some reason my reply was lost in the transition to the new format. I also lost my Born2Cruise name...somebody else had it when I tried to register it. Oh well. Dave, I'm sorry I missed you and the group. I wish I had checked the board before I left.
Old September 15th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Yeoman

I have been on Alaskan cruises in mid-June and late July and there were plenty of whales, etc., to be seen, but on special excursions which cost extra. As for best cruise lines, I assume you are asking about the best for singles. Well, that depends on the individual, of course. The younger crowd likes Carnival and RCI. The more mature lean towards NCL, and, of course, the luxury ships of Crystal and Radisson Seven Seas. I suggest you visit the message boards for each cruise line and read what others have to say, regardless of whether they went solo. And, as always, you should check the Cruisemates singles cruise calendar for dates and information offering many options.

Pat Hagan
Cruisemates Singles Editor
Old September 25th, 2005, 10:28 PM
Passenger

Hi Everyone!

I'm 53 and would like to be added to the the over 50 group. It's like the "Red Hatters" of cruising!

I'm still working (for a school district) and my vacations are limited to school holidays. However, the right place and price - who knows!

I went on a New Year's cruise last year on the Carnival Spirit and would like to travel on cruises from Los Angeles or San Diego.

Cheers!
DesertDiva
Old September 26th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Passenger

Default Over 50 Singles Cruisers

Hi DesertDiva,

Welcome to our group. Most of our chatting has been taking place in email form. I'd like to send you the list, but you didn't include your email address. If you'd like, you can send it to me in the email address I posted earlier in this thread.

If you like departing from the west coast, some of us have been talking about a possible Mexican Riviera cruise for 11/06. But, there's a lot of cruising time before then, and there are many of us to chat with to see who has what booked and when.

Looking forward to hearing from you again.
Joanne
Old September 26th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Over 50 Singles Cruisers

Hi Joanne,

Sorry, here's my e-mail:

desertdiva@fastmail.fm

Thanks!
DesertDiva (a.ka. Cher)

[quote="Jo J"]Hi DesertDiva,

I'd like to send you the list, but you didn't include your email address. ]
Old September 28th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Passenger

Hi Cher - email has been sent to you. If you don't get it, please let me know.

Jo