Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Yeoman

I really don't think ridinsolo meant any harm with his question as to whether anyone wanted to open their home if they live in the port departure city the night before a cruise. Let's assume he was just trying to set up some get-acquainted parties and didn't stop to think that most--if not all--people would never open their homes to total strangers.
Old February 25th, 2006, 04:06 PM
Banned
Familiar Face

I think it is a she?? yes, however, I was a bit freaked cause when I asked to join the 'group" she emailed me that "could I put them up:" at my place since I live in south florida?

also seems she wished to control the group, not a board like this, like give her your info...what is her qualification for this? Why "email her"?? we can all post things HERE I would think that is better...isn't that the purpose of this board?

I make a motion that we just use the group here and use the boards here...I would also caution others to do this...that is one reason a "group" cruise is nice, it is set up...by professional travel agents

I just think it is not a good idea to sort of put people on the spot ...I live in south florida but I do NOT want to be responsible for a bunch of people at the airport, getting them to the port, having them in my house

Maybe IF you have become friends with people on a board, you might say get together before the cruise..if you became close to someone? maybe...but to immediately assume people are going to put up out of towners is just not right

If I went on a cruise out of california or texas I would not expect someone to do this either <grin> thanks
anyone can reach me too>> cheriwave4@aol.com
I am looking for roomies for carribean cruises out of florida..thanks
Old February 25th, 2006, 10:14 PM
First Mate

Default Cruisemates January 6, 2007 Group Cruise

Any over 50 ladies looking to go on this cruise? I for one have booked it - taking advantage of a group rate and meeting a lot of good people.

Mary P
Old February 26th, 2006, 01:06 AM
Banned
Familiar Face

Default Re: Cruisemates January 6, 2007 Group Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary P
Any over 50 ladies looking to go on this cruise? I for one have booked it - taking advantage of a group rate and meeting a lot of good people.

Mary P
Hi Mary...which cruise is this?? do you have roomate matching or ?? thanks...cheryl
Old February 26th, 2006, 07:11 AM
First Mate

Cheryl - This is the cruisemates cruise on this site with Kuki - January 6, 2007 - Carnival Liberty to Eastern Caribbean.

$50 each (double) due at this time, remainder of deposit $250 each on August 1 and remainder of cruise price on October 10th. If traveling solo, then $300 deposit is due before August 1.

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...iberty2007.cfm

I don't think they do roommate matching - but there is a topic on the message board for Seeking Cruise Companion.

http://cruisemates.com/forum/index.php?c=4

Mary P
Old March 13th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Beginner

Hi All,

I just discovered this site yesterday, when it was listed in the travel section of the newspaper. (All about Cruises) I love to cruise and was excited to see that there was a forum for single women over 50. I am divorced and have two daughters, the youngest just moved so I recently became an empty nester. I noticed that no one has posted to this forum since February. Is there a private forum that I can join? I get pretty nervous giving very much information over the public forums. I am scheduled to sail from Miami in May and would like to see if any other single women close to my age will be on this cruise. My daughter and her friend will be with me - but I am sure they will be not hanging with Mom the whole time!
Old March 15th, 2006, 06:19 PM
First Mate

Kathy we'll be coming back to Miami all sad on the 7th on the Carnival Valor - sad that is that we had so much fun and hate to see it end!!!

But then there is the Cruisemates Cruise on January 6th that I can look forward to.

I'll see you on January 6th when you are reboarding the Triumph. The Triumph was my first cruise to the Western Caribbean - we had so much fun and I like the ship.

Mary
Old July 5th, 2006, 07:09 AM
hari

Hello
I want to be yours
mail
me harry_1985p@yahoo.co.uk
Old July 6th, 2006, 09:15 PM
StephenAGoreJr

you people need to chill out. he was just being nice. As to where all the 50 plus women are...where are YOU!?!?! I love a woman with some experience... in cruising that is
Old July 7th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Yeoman

We really need to broaden the age range in this thread. For example, I've just turned 44, am single and love to cruise. I would adore a cabinmate who's single, female and 40-75 years old and she must be a non-smoker

We need to start a club!

Carnival Legend, Thanksgiving, 2006
Old July 15th, 2006, 02:16 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to nursediane

Hi Everyone!!

Two single women would love to join your 50+ group!!
Old August 3rd, 2014, 11:41 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Is there any one sailing on the HA Rydam Transatlantic departing from Athens on Oct. 11, 2014 that need to share expense and cabin? I am a straight female 60+ that would love to cruise one, two or three segments of that cruise. Contact sopete27@hotmail please.