Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2005, 07:04 PM
LoLo

Default Singles Adult Cruising

I am a 59 year old woman, who is widow'd. My girlfriend and I are looking to take a cruise sometime next year. Which Cruise line offers cruises for babyboomer generation. We really don't want to meet men or woman who are 30 or even 40 years of age. We would like cruise and party with people our own age. This will be by friends first cruise, and I love cruising and I miss going on them.
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2005, 12:53 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly
Default Re: Singles Adult Cruising

LoLo

I march in your shoes. Lost my hubby 8/03. Most of my friends either have spouses or too many restrictions/no interest in cruising.

Hope Pat gets this going.
Old July 3rd, 2005, 02:14 AM
Admiral

Don't do Carnival, or RCL then lots of people in thier 30-40's. I hear the more elegant lines such as Crystal, Cunard, Celebrity, have more senors, so do Alaskan cruises, and cruises of longer durations I would say at the very least 7 days. Younger folks can't always afford the long trips or the European cruises, but there is no cruise that Im aware of that has any age restrictions so you will have some younger people on any cruise and probally kids too. There was an adults only pool on our ship, Im only 39 but I liked that.
Old July 5th, 2005, 05:50 PM
kj

You sound like a young 59, so you might be surprised by the fun you can have if you stay open to people in their 40's or even 30's. I belong to a quilting guild where most of the members are in their 50s-60s, and I have more in common with them at 41 than I would have thought. If you're trying to avoid kids though, I can definitely understand that. Sometimes I want to get away from my own two teens! I think I would try anything other than Carnival if you want an older crowd.

kj
Old July 7th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Judy in FL

Hi fellow travelers!

I posted on the other thread about 50's singles. I don't want to miss any of the fun!

Judy
Old July 10th, 2005, 06:49 AM
LoLo

I'm looking to book one for sometime next year. If anyone hear's of one comming up in the near future, Keep me informed. I really need a GREAT VACATION.
Can't think of a better way of getting away then Cruising haven't been on one for years.

Lo
Old July 10th, 2005, 05:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

I would not rule Carnival cruises out. I cruised on the Miracle in June 04 out of NY to Canada and enjoyed my singles/solo dining situation and some great late night entertainment.
IMHO, because of the lower single supplements, Carnival gets a good mix of singles/solos on its cruises. But, even thru I am sometimes tempted, I would not cruise on this line during summer or the Christmas/New years holidays.
Faith
Old July 11th, 2005, 08:53 PM
GregK

I am looking to go on my first cruise alone either the week before christmas or christmas week. What are my chances of meeting single or divorced 30ish women on a 5 day western carribbean trip. I plan on taking Carnival because of the price. Thanks! Greg
Old July 16th, 2005, 04:27 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

I actually enjoy Carnival. Have done 3 (Triumph 99, Spirit 01, Victory 04) since I am over 50. The food, entertainment and other options appeal to me. That said, I am booked on the NCL Jewel w/ an over 50, retired femal friend.
Old July 17th, 2005, 08:16 AM
LoLo

I think I might be interested in the Golden Princess Singles Cruise leaving 4/22/06,
To South Caribbean from Florida. Anybody know anything about this.
Haven't booked anything yet. Still looking.

Thanks guys, you have really been a help, and now I know I won't be the only Single aboard a Cruise.

LoLo
Old July 18th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Singles Adult Cruising

Greg your chances are good if you book a singles cruise, more ladies then men at least on mine I think. If it's a regular one try talking to the matree'd and see if he can seat you with some single ladies, also just talk to people and be friendly, everyone relaxes once the ship sails most people leave their problems at the port. Good luck
Old July 19th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Singles Adult Cruising

Thanks Lolo for your help. I have booked the Carnival triumph on dec 10th. I will take your advice and talk to the maitree'd when I get on the ship. I should have no problems meeting women as I am attractive and outgoing. I plan to go on one of the singles cruises next year. Greg
Old July 27th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Lois Lawrynkiewicz

Greg,

I just booked with cruisingforlove out of NewYork May 06 East Carribean 9 Day Cruise this should be all age groups I'm 59 and the usual range is 30 on up if you want to look into something for next year try this one. It sounds like fun.

Lois