Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2005, 01:24 AM
Beginner

Default Starting a search

I have never been on a singles cruise, but I am interested. Can anyone tell me if there is a way to narrow down the search for a cruise for my age group and or interests?
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2005, 12:20 PM
wildjen68

Default Re: Starting a search

what is your age range and what are your interests after tell me those I might be able to direct you which singles cruise right for you.
Jen/ct
Old July 1st, 2005, 08:34 PM
Yeoman

Check out our Cruisemates singles cruise calendar in our singles section. Many cruises listed show ages targeted for that particular sailing. If you have any specific questions, please email me directly at PHagan4952@aol.com

Old July 3rd, 2005, 06:08 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Starting a search

I have not been on a cruise since I was 16, but I have been looking to take one for the past few years. I am 33 now and would like to be pampered with great food and an upscale atmosphere, but do not want to be one of the youngest people on the ship. From what I have seen, I think I would like to go on a ship with other singles, but i do not think a singles group. Is this too much to ask? Any suggestions?
Old July 4th, 2005, 02:57 AM
Admiral

If you don't book with a singles group you may have a very hard time finding and connecting with other singles. Most people who cruise are familys and couples. It's tough to find the singles unless you book with them. Even if you do book with a singles group like I did you can basically leave the group, don't attend activities that don't interest you, it's still your vacation. Also note just because people book solo does not mean they are single or looking for romance. Many have partners who can't travel, or choose not to, so you can be taken but still book as a single. I think booking with a singles group is the place to start. I meet some wonderful peoplefrom our group and familys and couples who were not part of our group, because crusing is such a social type of vacation. For singles in their 20-30's or the young at heart Carnival is the line to choose,followed by RCL and Princess last, other lines will most likely have more seniors.
Old July 4th, 2005, 09:47 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Starting a search

Younger people who book through singles cruise agencies tend to book on the shorter cruises (3-4 nights). Some of the agencies also have specific cruises in which you have to be within a certain age group. For example, singlescruise.com is offering a 3 night Bahamas Cruise for 20's to 30's only. They also have other cruises open to all age groups.

Last year, I went on a four night cruise with them. (I was 32 at the time). This one was open to all age groups, and I would say about 15-20% of the other people booked with the same agency were younger than me.

This year, I have booked a weeklong cruise with them, and it looks like there will be a much lower percentage on this cruise who are younger than me. I am basing this on the demographics of those people who have already joined their private chat site. Even if I am one of the youngest, I will still have a great time!!!!!!

If you do book through one of the singles cruise agencies, pick one that has its own chat site. I have found that the chat sites tend to be visited more often by the younger crowd....My guess is that they are more computer literate!!!!!

Fascination 09/2004
Carnival Triumph 11/2005