Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2005, 08:34 AM
Grahame Mizen

Default First singles cruise

Can you help?

I'm a 44 year old, male, from the UK , who is looking for a singles cruise
I have cruised with Vacations to go .com before
can any one help me with the following;
1. average age on their new years eve cruise (princess cruises from Fort Lauderdale)
2. what is there reputation like for these events
3. where can I find out more information regarding these types of events
4. Is the make up of the group mainly American, Hows an english Lad likely to fare?
Many thanks
Grahame
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2005, 10:23 AM
Familiar Face

Default Re: First singles cruise

grahame..
im sorry i cant answer your questions but i have one for you..
my first singles cruise is in october (halloween) thru vacations to go...(i am 48)...i would love to do a singles cruise out of england as i love the humor of the english folks...do you have a recommended cruise line for something like that?

Old July 1st, 2005, 10:36 AM
Grahame Mizen

Default Re: Re: First singles cruise

The main cruise lines from the uk are:
P&O and Cunard, there both 'high brow' cruise lines with good service and food etc.. the dance floors are very large (I'm a uk based dance teacher and have taught on board MSC cruises)
the problem can be that they cater for the older brits who don't want to fly, we call them the blue rinse brigade, (after there hair colour)
There are some american ships sailing fromSouthampton/Harwich I think this would be Princess cruises
Go to Vacations to go .com and look at cruises for northern Europe or cruises cruising from London
Wish you all the best
Weather in London is hot but waiting to rain (wimbledon tennis is on it always rains then)

Grahame
Old July 5th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Beginner

Hi,

I am booked on the New Year's Cruise you are thinking about. This is my first cruise, let alone singles cruise, so I can't tell you much about how they compare. I do think it will be a really fun cruise, the ship sounds like it has lots to do. I have spoken with Dixie at Vacations to Go, she told me about a month ago that the age range for the group was mid 20's to 60's. I'm in my uppper 30's American living in Germany, flying to Florida for a cruise!?! Like I said, it looks like fun.

Sorry I can't answer any more of your questions. But I'd love to hear if you find any singles cruise out of England.

Kathy
Old July 5th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Carole from Philly

Hi, there!! I just posted a message, came back yesterday from my first singles cruise. What a fantastic trip. Equal parts men and woman from every ethnicity and region. I had the best time ever.......you must contact Ann at www.cruisingforlove.com

I made a ton of new friends, the people were classy, nice and fun to be around!!

Good luck to you........

Regards, Carole
Old July 28th, 2005, 04:10 PM
footprints in the sand

Hiya!

I just booked my first singles cruise, departing Dec11th-18th, with vacationstogo. I will fill you in when I return.
Shauna