Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2005, 02:37 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to ScionSam
Default Labor Day West Caribbean Cruise w/SinglesCruise.com

Whatsup All...

My buddy and I are going on a "singles" cruise in September to the West Caribbean (we're both in our mid-20's). My friend has been on a cruise before, but its my first time. After reading all the posts here I think i've got all the important stuff covered, but i'm always looking for more info & tips.

We booked with SinglesCruise.com. Does anyone have previous experience with this group? What sort of M:F ratio can I expect? From what i've gathered, there are usually more women than men (a good thing!). However, if the ratio is TOO slanted, I can see it being a little weird. There's a fine line between being blessed with female abundance and being the guy who's just "one of the girls".

Obviously, there's going to be a variety of age-groups onboard, but is there usally a decent number of 20's and 30's? I can hang out with people of any age and have a great time, but i'm sorta hoping to spend time with people in my age-group.

Talk to me about alcohol prices. I'm not a lush, but i'm planning on doing some drinking. I see people saying how they had one or two drinks a day, and I must say I think they're either lying or complete lightweights. Again, i've never been on a cruise so I can't say for sure, but I have a feeling that 8-10 drinks a day is probably going to be my average.
** AGAIN - i'm not a daily drinker, but when on vacation, I vacation. **
If I enjoy the numerous libations i'm envisioning on this ship, am I looking at a $1000+ bill at the end? It is what it is, but i'd like to try and plan ahead.

Anything else anyone would like to share is greatly appreciated. If you're going on the Sept.4-11 cruise to the West Caribbean & Belize (Carnival Miracle), feel free to email me - let's break the ice before we meet on board! (scionsam@gmail.com)
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2005, 07:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Labor Day West Caribbean Cruise w/SinglesCruise.com

I cruised with them Labor Day 2004. About 70% of the group were in the 30-50 year age range. About 10-15 people were aged 21-30, and another 20 or so people were over 50. Ratio of women to men were about 60% females, 40% males.

Beer on the ship is about $4 each, and mixed drinks are about $6.50, all charged to your sign and sail card. Expect $10 per day as well for tips to be charged to your card.

Thus, if you drink 8-10 beers or drinks a day, expect to see your bill to run anywhere from $300-$600 for a seven day cruise. This of course depends on what you actually drink.

Your group's website should be open. The best advice I can give you is to chat with people thru that message board and the chat room on your group's website. On the cruise that I went on, almost everyone who visited that board regularly was hanging out together during the cruise.

09/2004 Fascination
11/2005 Triumph
Old August 1st, 2005, 02:22 PM
FLboy

I am also on singlescruise sept 4th. I look at all those pictures on singlecruise.com all I see is older people. Kinda concerns me. I am 31 and it would be nice to have more girls my age than guys but either way I am going to have some fun. I havent found any message board through singlescruise.com. If anyone knows something I dont know let me know.
Old August 1st, 2005, 08:09 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to ScionSam

Thanks for the information! How do I find the message board/ chat room you are referring to? I wasn't given a link or any other information about that.

-Sam
Old August 2nd, 2005, 07:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

E-mail SinglesCruise.com and ask them for the link.

09/2004 Fascination
11/2005 Triumph
Old August 5th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Yeoman

I think you will find a large number in the mid-thirties to early 40s, and, yes, there are usually more gals than guys.