Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2005, 04:13 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to Harbahqueen
Default Firs Time cruise/Spring Fling cruise Mar.'06

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has taken this singles cruise through SinglesCruise.com before. I am 49, div. and will be cruising for the first time. I am not that concerned with the age group, as I mingle with all.. and love to have fun. The SC site says they will match you with a cabin mate, if you like. Is that usually successful? Or at the last minute do you have to pay the single supplement? Will $500. spending money be enough? ..sorry I have lots of questions regarding the first time cruising. Any comments or advise will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you..
Maureen
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2005, 11:06 PM
wildjen68

Default Re: Firs Time cruise/Spring Fling cruise Mar.'06

Hi maureen Iam on the spring fling in march 12-19 2006.i have been on 5 singlescruises and going on the halloween cruise option 2 and then the spring fling.
It depends if you are going to gamble and go shopping $500 may not be enough.If you any more questions feel free to e-mail me at wildgirljen68@yahoo.com
Jen/ct
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:45 AM
Whiteknight

Hi Maureen, I'm on the Spring Fing cruise with Singlescruise.com also. I'm a 54 year old widower and I've been on several cruises with these people, just like Jen. This is an excellent agency and they do things right. They also seem to attract a great bunch of cruisers. I think you're making a great choice. They always find you a roommate and you never have to worry about the single supplement with them. This is also a great cruise to take for your first one. How much money you'll need is a tough question to answer. I never spend over $500 after the initial cost of the cruise, airfare and hotel prior to the cruise. How much money you'll need all depends on what kind of shopping you plan to do on the islands. It was nice to talk to you and good luck. WK
Old August 2nd, 2005, 07:53 AM
Familiar Face

Jen & WK,

Thank you both very much for your help. I do feel confident now that I have chosen the right trip & company for my first cruise. Info from seasoned cruisers is exactly what I was hoping for. I am looking forward to meeting new friends as well.

Thank you again,
Maureen
Old August 2nd, 2005, 09:39 AM
Beginner

hi there !

i was thinking the same thing.
i'm 44 single, please let me know how it goes

thanks

scott
Old August 2nd, 2005, 03:38 PM
Whiteknight

Cool Maureen, I don't know how seasoned I am, except when I get sloppy with the salt and pepper, but thanks for the vote of confidence and we'll all toast the cruise onboard, well, actually, the night before the cruise in San Juan, as usual. We'll keep in touch. WK
Old August 3rd, 2005, 08:11 PM
Familiar Face

Hi all,

I am so glad I stumbled across this site. The info and messages have been more helpful and encouraging than you will ever know.

WK..will I get info on the night before get together? Do they usually book a block of rooms in a certain hotel for a group rate? I just need the info..I am there!!! :-)

Maureen
Old August 4th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Whiteknight

Maureen, you sound like you're ready to enjoy the good life. The group leaders will plan a get-acquainted dinner at a nice restaurant in the area and also arrange a get-together at a nightclub the night before the cruise, so everyone who wants to has a chance to meet their new friends for the coming week. They will also make arrangements with a nice hotel so everyone who wants to can book a room at a reduced price. All this information will be given to everyone on a site, set up just for members of this cruise, a month or two before the cruise. You'll receive all this information via email probably around December or January. I always like to meet as many new friends as possible the night before the cruise. But I usually do all my own footwork on flight and hotel arrangements because I usually can get better prices on my own by shopping around and also by utilizing frequent flyer miles. I also like to arrive several days early some times to enjoy some local fun and games. I"M THERE, TOO! WK