Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2005, 09:09 AM
First Mate

Default What reason would a single man go on a cruise . . .

. . . other than to meet a single female.

I have made my reservation for a New Year's Cruise I can think of no other reason why I would take a cruise as a single male.
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2005, 07:36 PM
LoLo

Default Re: What reason would a single man go on a cruise . . .

BEETLEGATOR

I'M A SINGLE THIN FEMALE IN MY LATE 50'S WHO JUST LIKE'S CRUISING.

I AM GOING ON MY FIRST SINGLES CRUISE MAY 0F 06. YOUR NOT LOOKING JUST TO MEET WOMAN. YOUR LOOKING TO MEET WOMAN WITH MONEY THAT'S WHY YOU GO CRUISING,

I READ SOME OF YOUR MESSAGE ON OTHER BOARDS, HOPE NOT TO MEET YOU.

LOIS
Old August 16th, 2005, 09:25 PM
Sir Duke

Greetings Cruisemates

As for Me, I have cruised by land to incredible places in the big 48, been on the other side of the pond by air but Cruising by Ship..."Oh! Mannnn..... I have had the personal experience where heaven meets earth ( the Carribean area has put it's hook in me...and I love it...lol)
Bettlegator
To meet the rich and famous ( when I am not) on the streets in Ocho Rios was ......
Now I do a bit of celebrity-spotting,watching
Meeting ladies and men from all over the world--
Now that's diversity!
Rejuvenate yourbody, mind and spirit with other new found friends
who have the same goal a I do for seven days...de-stress and get away from the job...lol.......I even got an invite to a beach wedding in the Caymans( and just meet the couple several days before...
By design I have found by and large my vacation in paradise is affordableand if I want to I can built a sand castle....hehehehe

To The Cruise
Sir Duke

ps. And I dance with the Ladies all night long.........( a little blackjack tooooo.....)
Old August 17th, 2005, 04:12 AM
First Mate

Lois,

Where in my post did I indicate that I wanted go on cruises to look for women with money?

If you read my post carefully, you would have known that I just booked my first cruise for New Year's and plan to have a room too myself. I have my own money and plan to have a good time on the cruise whatever happens.
Old August 20th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Yeoman

A single guy goes on a cruise for the same reasons as a single woman, and these reasons are not always to meet someone of the opposite sex. Sometimes I book a cruise merely to "get away" and don't want to meet anyone. It's the ideal vacation, regardless of any other reasons.

Old August 21st, 2005, 07:23 AM
kcool

Default Re: Re: What reason would a single man go on a cruise . . .

i agree with pat. it's a great vacation. i go with the attitude of if i meet people great and if i don't that's ok to. i have my third cruise booked for nov. i'm a 50 yr.old male. and i've gone by myself on all of them. can't wait.
Old August 21st, 2005, 09:22 AM
First Mate

Not being a man, I can't validate this: I think he would have some of the same reasons as a woman - a break away from the busy life on shore - no one to answer to - meet a bunch of new people - gee - just to have some fun - new adventures.

Mary
Old August 23rd, 2005, 06:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

There is no other reason to go on a cruise as a single male than in hopes of meeting a single woman to hang out with. I have been on many cruises by myself and have nothing else on my mind than drinking and meetings chics to party with. What else is there???

Post Edited (08-23-05 18:41)

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old September 9th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to John G

I am thinking of many reasons. For those who have that unpleasant manic job thing it is good to "get away" just to "get away". How about leaving the cell phone at home and NOT getting the ships internet service.........you dont have to hear about things you don't want the hear about from work and family for a week or more. Some seem to cruise to try to get laid....ok have a "short tem relationship" (afterall you don't have to contend with gossip at the office or community then and don't have to listen to "gawd you went out with him/her") Some like to look around the ports and see where they might like to retire, or make investments or places to visit more in depth. Looking for long term things DO happen (albeit not often) and don't forget the "long distance relationships"........those can go on for years and airfares are relatively inexpensive. How about cabin steward, and not having to cook or clean for a week or more? Oh don't leave out the drinking thing....There is no .08 thing (which doesn't even "buzz" most people but can get you fired in jail and have your car confiscated) ..............so you can gamble and have a couple or three drinks or more, or dance or whatever without being arrested on your way home. How about trying Kareoke and your friends back home can't make fun of you because they weren't there? How about being middle class income and being treated like a rich person for a week? How about seeing things on your life list? Alaska ........always wanted to go, and now I have been and dont want to go back. There are many more reasons too...........hmmmmm think I will book a cruise today or tommorow for the near future John from NM