Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2005, 07:02 PM
First Mate

Default Single Males wanting Single Female Roommates

I have seen a couple of single males on this wanting just single females as their roommates.

Which leads me to question their motives how realistic do you think a single female will accept their offer. And what single female would accept an offer to roommate with a man they would not know.

I have been on message boards for resorts where single men offering to pay for single women's share of their room. The majority of women have declined their offer. If a single male does get an accepted offer from a single female good for him, but I just want bring these men to the realization that it will not happen.
Sponsored Links
Old September 4th, 2005, 10:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Single Males wanting Single Female Roommates

I agree I would have to meet someone face to face and know them for some time, there has to be a big trust between the two. However rare sometimes it does happen and I've seen people on these boards hook up. I would be more inclined if it were a guy I've known for a long time.

Too many men are afraid to room with other men, homophobic I guess. How stupid they will meet women on the ship after all, but don't think it's a big spring break sex fest eather it's not. Just go for the right reasons to have a nice vacations, make friends, get spoiled on a cruise ship, and see new places, not to have to sleep with someone or hook up romantically there are no guarentees but yes it can happen. In my experiance the guys who acted like they were on the prowl ended up with no one.
Old September 5th, 2005, 07:12 AM
beetlgator

I suppose some guys want to cover all their bases on cruises by having a female companion in the room which may call other problems.
Old September 7th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Jenjen

I cannot imagine a woman with "all of her marbles," as it were, agreeing to such an arrangement with a man she does not know. Safety concerns alone should stop anyone from doing such a thing.
Old September 9th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Beginner

fun stuff
Old September 15th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Yeoman

I really can't see a male/female cabin share if not related or romantically involved. To each his own, but it's a privacy/modesty issue with me.
Old September 19th, 2005, 02:33 AM
Admiral

Hi Pat,
I agree with you on this but also have to agree with Reese. If I were to go on a cruise without my wife and no male friend of mine was able to go as well I would also be looking for a female cabin mate to cut the costs. There are males out there like me that do respect the ladies privacy etc and not looking to hit on them etc. We just prefer a lady to share the cabin as being neater and politer than another male. I do of course realize that most ladies would not think this a wise choice and I would end up in a cabin by myself anyway as my wife would kill me.
Jim
Old September 24th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Passenger

I agree with you all the way! With all the crazy people out there and there are some pretty weard people in this world how could any male think that a girl would want to be a room mate with them if they don't know them! I like my own room, and if a girl would like to enjoy some fun ( danceing or maybe just sitting at the bar and talking )then that's cool! I've been on a lot of cruise's and have met some very nice girl's & guy's but I like my own room!
Old September 26th, 2005, 09:33 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bragg
Hi Pat,
I agree with you on this but also have to agree with Reese. If I were to go on a cruise without my wife and no male friend of mine was able to go as well I would also be looking for a female cabin mate to cut the costs.
I understand what you are getting at Jim.

Though a married man who roommates with a single/married woman on a cruise business or pleasure that is strickly platonic is . . . suspect . . . even if the wife knows about it.

Why don't we call it like it is . . . the majority of men who want a woman who to room with them are looking for a possiblity of physical intimatency <sp> during the cruise anyone who thinks otherwise would be unrealistic.

As I mention on another post, even if a man does find a woman to bunk with during the cruise it also can lead to other problems. If someone decides that other is getting on their nerves, what if they actually meet someone on the cruise they really want to hook up during the rest of the cruise.

The more I think about it paying a single supplement is a good idea unless you know the person well beforehand.
Old December 20th, 2005, 03:40 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to PennStateMtnMan

Personally, when I take my first singles cruise, I don't want to room with anybody. I want a place that I can go alone for privacy purpose. I want to keep the door open to the balcony to hear the sound of the ocean at night. I want to get out of the shower and get dressed without looking over my shoulder at the door.
Old December 20th, 2005, 03:41 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to PennStateMtnMan

Personally, when I take my first singles cruise, I don't want to room with anybody. I want a place that I can go alone for privacy purpose. I want to keep the door open to the balcony to hear the sound of the ocean at night. I want to get out of the shower and get dressed without looking over my shoulder at the door.
Old December 21st, 2005, 09:30 PM
Beginner

I have always wanted to start a thread about this, but I usually just stick to lurking. I have always been quite shocked by these posts. I cannot imagine even considering doing such a thing. That situation would be totally akward for me.

I have actually vacationed and shared a room several times with male friends, but the friendship only thing was already clearly established.

I can't even bring myself to take the chance of sharing a room with another female who I don't know, never mind a male who is likely to have romantic expectations.
Old December 26th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Passenger

I agree with the majority. I can't even count the number of ways that this could go bad. It just seems like a recipe for trouble.

I spoke with a carnival costumer service person last week. According to her they are no longer even pairing up same sex singles in cabins now. Because they were getting to many complaints from roommates.
Old December 30th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Yeoman

The last time I met a male/female couple who were sharing a cabin to avoid paying the single supplement, the guy was furious because the girl had met someone else and was asking him to stay away from the cabin at certain times. I don't know what happened after that, because I didn't want to get involved and avoided both of them.
Old January 3rd, 2006, 04:15 PM
First Mate

I just came from a cruise where a male/female was sharing a room and found out later that the female was upset the none of the single men would talk with her because they thought her and the male roommate were an item.

Go figure.
Old January 9th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Yeoman

Men not interested in a woman sharing a cabin with a man makes sense to me. It's only natural they would think there was a relationship going on there. Perhaps she could make it a point to let everyone know otherwise, particularly whatever guy she might have her eye on.
Old January 9th, 2006, 02:08 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Hagan Singles Editor
Men not interested in a woman sharing a cabin with a man makes sense to me. It's only natural they would think there was a relationship going on there. Perhaps she could make it a point to let everyone know otherwise, particularly whatever guy she might have her eye on.
I have to agree with you Pat that unless she says they are not a couple I would assume they are together, which go back to women if they are planning on partying and dancing with more than one male should consider finding a same sex roommate. Or a least talk with the male roommate about what his intentions are during their stay together.
Old June 17th, 2014, 04:49 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I agree with you. I wouldnt want to share with a guy. I have never done this before but if you was to meet first in a pubic place it might work ?