Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Yeoman

Default Who's going on a Halloween cruise?

I'm just wondering how many of you solo travelers are going on an organized Halloween cruise? I'll be on the Glory October 29th sailing from Port Canaveral. Let me hear, as I'd love to meet some of our Cruisemates message posters. And I'm sure other Halloween cruisers would like to know who's going to go trick or treating with them on other ships. :-))
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to wildjen68

I will be on this cruise.I know alot of other people are going too.If you haven't signed up for this cruise you should you'll be missing all the fun if you don't.Once you book the cruise join the chatsite for this cruise you'll meet alot of people before the cruise.
Jen/ct
Old September 19th, 2005, 11:07 PM
booboo4031

I'm on the VTG Star Princess Western Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale
Old September 19th, 2005, 11:28 PM
Beginner

I'm on Princess Sapphire, Mexican Riviera out of Los Angeles, CA leaving Oct 29. 8)
Old September 19th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to chetter

Hi Everyone : I'm going on The Princess Star which by the way is going to 4 ports and its thru Vacationstogo.com Singles Halloween cruise . They have 300 sign up already . Its going to be so MUCH fun I am looking forward to it !! I Have been on singlescruise.com halloween cruise but I wanted to try something different this year . I'll let yoiu know how it goes !

Chetter

PS For all of you that know me I am going to go on the April 1st cruise thru singlescruise.com . Check it out I would love to see all of you again !
Old September 20th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

8) Chetter
My Fellow Cruisemate, I see you are stylin the Royal Family Way...lol
Hope you have a Most Excellent Time on your Hallowen Ad-Venture
I know you will keep it Royal

To The Cruise
Sir Duke

ps. I am trying to get off to do a Halloween cruise too!
Old September 20th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to chetter

Sir Duke :

Yes you better believe I will keep the Royal Family Loyal . I am coming in on Oct 27th into FLL . Would like to sit at the Round Table for a Few . Staying at the Sheraton Airport Castle . Talk to me my royal friend

Sir Chetter 8)
Old September 21st, 2005, 12:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

8) 8) Sir Chetter
Your ON!!

To the Cruise
Sir Duke
Old September 23rd, 2005, 11:47 PM
Yeoman

Just a quick tip for those of you going on a Halloween singles cruise. If you don't have your costume yet for the sure-to-be-big party, try ebay. The different outfits, masks, etc., available for bidding is amazing.

Looking forward to seeing some of you on Carnival's Glory out of Port Canaveral.
Old October 4th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Beginner

Anyone still looking for a cabinmate on a Halloween cruise. Not selective regarding a specific one.
Old October 28th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Yeoman

Okay, a reminder to any of you Cruisemates Singles Message Board posters, please look for me on Carnival's Glory out of Port Canaveral this Saturday, October 29th. I want to meet each and every one of you.

And thank goodness we aren't headed for Cozumel! Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten should be wonderful.
Old November 7th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Admiral

Pat,

I missed Halloween by a day this year. The Transatlatnic crusie aboard MV Galaxy ended in Galveston on 31 October.

I'm booked for Halloween for next year, though -- a cruise to Hawaii RT from San Diego aboard GTS Infinity (14 nights) on 22 October!

Norm.
Old November 16th, 2005, 06:01 PM
Passenger

Just back from the Sun Princess Halloween cruise (10 wonderful nights in the Caribbean). Went as part of a group of 20 over-40 women (JUGS). Okay, it wasn't exactly a singles cruise, but it was great. Made lots of new friends for future cruising!
Old November 16th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Admiral

Sue,

Just back from the Sun Princess Halloween cruise (10 wonderful nights in the Caribbean). Went as part of a group of 20 over-40 women (JUGS).

You mean they actually let somebody who looks to be perhaps twenty-five or so, at least in your pic, go with them???

Norm.
Old November 17th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Passenger

Oh, Norm, how you flatter me!

Sue
Old November 17th, 2005, 10:57 AM
First Mate

20 single women? Hmmm, how many single men were on the cruise?
Old January 8th, 2006, 03:01 AM
Passenger

I went on the Carnival Imagination Halloween cruise, there was hardly any singles, which was disappointing. Anybody have any suggestions for a future singles cruise?
Old January 9th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Yeoman

You weren't on an organized singles cruise, right? Otherwise, you'd have been with about 400 singles. Check the new 2006 singles cruise calendar. It has over 100 singles cruises listed and more will be added in the months to come.

I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your cruise. Try an organized singles cruise next time, and let me know if I can answer any questions you might have.

Happy New Year...and happy cruising!
Old January 9th, 2006, 02:13 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by alan57
I went on the Carnival Imagination Halloween cruise, there was hardly any singles, which was disappointing. Anybody have any suggestions for a future singles cruise?
Reading your post my first thought, "I hope this wasn't a single cruise!!!".

After having my first cruise under my belt and planning the second I want my third to be a Halloween with lots of singles. My dilema, choosing the west coast cruise or east coast cruise.
Old January 15th, 2006, 03:35 AM
Passenger

HI Pat, I chose the Imagination because I was told the Halloween cruise the year before that was packed with singles. The Travel Agent sponsoring that cruise was taken over. Also all the organized singles cruises are at least a week, I'd prefer less than a week.
Old January 15th, 2006, 05:11 AM
Admiral

Hi Pat,
Im considering perhaps taking the Vacations to Go cruise on Carnival Pride to Mexico for Halloween or possibly the Vacations to Go Caribbean Princess cruise. By the way Im sorry I didn't get to meet you on board the Costa Mediterranea! The Toga party was a blast! Im leaning towards Mexico cause I never cruised out of L.A before, and I have a friend to stay with pre and post cruise.
Old January 16th, 2006, 10:44 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by showcat
Hi Pat,
Im considering perhaps taking the Vacations to Go cruise on Carnival Pride to Mexico for Halloween or possibly the Vacations to Go Caribbean Princess cruise. By the way Im sorry I didn't get to meet you on board the Costa Mediterranea! The Toga party was a blast! Im leaning towards Mexico cause I never cruised out of L.A before, and I have a friend to stay with pre and post cruise.
Hi Showcat,

I am or will be in the same dilema on which coast to choose for my Halloween cruise. I will be doing the Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera cruise in May (Cruising for Love) which will help in my decision. I also have to decide between Vacations to Go or SingleCruise any suggestions?
Old January 19th, 2006, 04:22 PM
Yeoman

Both are excellent singles cruise agencies. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 04:54 AM
Admiral

Default Beetlegater

I can't see why you would consider doing the same ship twice in a row better to mix it up and take one of the others out of Flordia no? Different ports, so if If your already booked on the Pride with Cruising for Love in May, then take a different one out of Florida with one of the other to compare and contrast. Different ships, different ports, also different groups of people = more variety and more fun.
Old January 23rd, 2006, 08:31 AM
First Mate

Default Yes Ma'am, Showcat

I haven't decided to do the same ship twice, if I love the Pride cruise in May I might "consider" doing the Halloween cruise. After the May cruise is over I will buy a plane ticket to the cruise that I will have the most fun on.

Showcat, you sound like a spunky woman I hope one of the cruises I take you will be on it . . . I would LOVE to meet you.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 12:36 AM
Passenger

Default Port Canaveral question

Hi Pat,

I'm considering going on the Carnival Glory from Port Canaveral but have a question. Isn't it a hassle because no airport is close by? I assume Orlando is the closest? I'd like to fly in and board the ship early in the afternoon.
Also, if thats not possible, are there any hotels close by to the terminal, I'm thinking of flying in maybe the night before if I have to.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 08:12 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Port Canaveral question

[quote="alan57"]Hi Pat,

I'm considering going on the Carnival Glory from Port Canaveral . . . quote]

That post was from the Halloween cruise for October 2005.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 02:44 PM
Admiral

showcat,

I can't see why you would consider doing the same ship twice in a row better to mix it up and take one of the others out of Flordia no? Different ports, so if If your already booked on the Pride with Cruising for Love in May, then take a different one out of Florida with one of the other to compare and contrast. Different ships, different ports, also different groups of people = more variety and more fun.

1. I don't think that the original poster was referring to "back to back" itineraries, but some cruise lines do schedule their ships to alternate between two itineraries with different ports of call so passengers can book "back to back" cruises for a longer vacation with different destinations.

2. Most ships do reposition a couple times per year (usually in late April or May and in October or November), so a second cruise on the same ship may well go to a different destination. If the cruises are several months apart, it's likely that the ship will have a different cast, different headliners, and different shows as well as a different destination.

Don't discount a ship just because you have been aboard her before.

Norm.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 06:09 AM
Admiral

I get your point Norm but for me I do get a bit bored when I've been on a ship once I like to try another ship and even line the next time. The advantage of doing the same ship is of course you already know your way around. I went on Carnival Legend and Costa Med, both were lovely both were also designed by the same guy so they were extremely similar.

I want very much to try a Celebrity cruise as their ships look more elegant. Possibly a Royal Carribbean as they have the biggest ships in the water, with the exception of the Queen Mary which I would also love to do. For me I like variety, though I would consider the same ship different ports, I like to try to cruise from and to different ports. The ship is part of the destination so for me I like to try new ones. Now when I become like these cruisemates cruisers with 20 something cruises under my belt well then I will have to repeat but untill then there always a different cruise, new company to book with etc... Of course if I keep cruising I might be broke so I have to choose carefully.
Old February 4th, 2006, 12:11 AM
Admiral

Showcat,

I want very much to try a Celebrity cruise as their ships look more elegant.

Celebrity is, in many ways, the complete antithesis of Carnival. If you try a Celebrity cruise, you will find that the line and its passengers are much more upscale and refined.

>> On Celebrity, the "suggested" evening dress tends to be a minimum rather than a maximum. The line still has "informal" evenings in addition to "formal" and "casual" evenings, and many passengers actually dress to a "semiformal" standard on the "informal" evenings.

>> On Celebrity, there's usually only one announcement per day over the ship's public address system. If the ship is in port, there's one announcement when the ship receives clearance from local authorities. If the ship is at sea, the Captain makes the customary navigational announcement just after noon, after which the cruise director may say a few words about the schedule of afternoon activities. In the absence of an unexpected development, that's it. If you decide to "chill out" in a deck lounge (or, better yet, one of those magic lounges on the promenades), nobody -- and I really do mean nobody -- will disturb you.

>> Many of Celebrity's daytime activities are geared toward conoisseurs and educational pursuits. For conoisserus, for example, the line goes beyond the usual wine tastings to present wine and food pairing seminars, invites chefs of distinction to present cullinary demonatrations, and, on some sailings, operates shore excursions to restaurants noted for cullinary excellence for cullinary demonstrations by their executive chefs in partnership with Bon Appetit magazine. When I took one of these excursion in St. Thomas, the chef demonstrated the preparation of an exquisite three-course lunch, then proceeded to serve that luncheon with a separate rum paired with each course. Both of my transatlantic cruises on Celebrity have featured lectures on the great ocean liners each day at sea by British nautical historian John Maxtone-Graham. His series of lectures traced the evolution of ocean travel from the first days of steam to modern cruise ships.

>> On Celebrity, you'll also notice many small touches that less expensive lines would omit as part of their effort to control costs. During embarkation, for example, the ship's staff greet embarking passengers with complementary glasses of champagne. In warm destinations, the staff provide cold washcloths -- a great refresher when you are hot and sweatty -- on the pier for passengers returning to the ship.

>> You'll also find a few "upscale" opportunities to leave your money behind unnecessarily. The Cova Cafe di Milano, for example, charges plenty for a hot beverage with a fancy brand name. If you want a cup of coffee or tea, go up to the buffet -- where it's free....

>> Celebrity also offers some shore excursion packages that go beyond what other lines would offer. The "Xpedition" packages are first and foremost, but far from alone, in this category.

>> The decor in Celebrity's ships tends to be understated elegance of noble simplicity that's very characteristic of southern California. You won't find loud colors and neon lights competing for your undivided attention.

>> Celebrity's entertainment tends to be classy and well-excecuted, with special effects often used to maximum advantage. Nonetheless, the line makes a concerted effort to keep ints entertainment suitable for general audiences.

Most of this is not "better" or "worse," but a different offering targeting a different segment of the potential market. It may be a better fit for your lifestyle, and it may not. Obviously, you are the only person who can make that decision.

There's no doubt that Carnival attracts a lot more single passengers than Celebrity. OTOH, your odds of finding a "soul mate" will be much higher on Celebrity than on Carnival if Celebrity is a better fit for your personal style.

Possibly a Royal Carribbean as they have the biggest ships in the water, with the exception of the Queen Mary which I would also love to do

I also have been thinking of trying Royal Caribbean, partly because I wonder whether Royal Caribbean would be a good match for me or not and partly because I am an investor in the parent company so I would like to see the product first-hand. I have put off booking on a Royal Caribbean cruise primarily because the company's policy is that repeat passenger benefits transfer from either of its line to the other, but the cruise credits to attain a particular leel of benefits have to be on one line. Now that my next cruise, later this month, will put me into the top tier on Celebrity, though, attaining the next level is no longer a consideration.

In case you have not heard, Royal Caribbean's newest ship -- MV Freedom of the Seas -- is even bigger than MV Queen Mary II.

For me I like variety, though I would consider the same ship different ports, I like to try to cruise from and to different ports. The ship is part of the destination so for me I like to try new ones.

That's all fine, but remember that the "repeat passenger" programs work like the airlines' frequent flier programs -- they are intended to reward passenger loyalty, and consequently are set up so you'll get more benefits by picking one cruise line and sticking with it rather than by taking one cruise on this line and another on that line.

BTW, many cruise lines also now offer very good deals if you book a cruise while you are aboard one of their ships. The new booking is generally on the same line, though it may be on a different ship. Nonetheless, the benefits -- which may include a complemtnarty cabin upgrade, a reduction in the deposit, and a shipboard credit -- are enough to make it worth using the smae line again.

Now when I become like these cruisemates cruisers with 20 something cruises under my belt well then I will have to repeat but untill then there always a different cruise, new company to book with etc... Of course if I keep cruising I might be broke so I have to choose carefully.

I agree with your points about variety of destination.

That said, I generally figure that cruise lines will deploy more capacity to the destinations that command the highest fares until they saturate those markets and hae to offer good discounts to fill the ships headed there. Thus, I decided to take advantage of good deals where and when they become available. Beyond that, though, two basic goals generally guide my selection of cruises.

>> 1. I live in New England and despise winter weather, so I like to go someplace warm in February or March. "Someplace warm" usually means either the Caribbean or the Mexican Riviera, though I have done two Panama Canal cruises and one cruise to the South Pacific when I found good deals. This year, I'm hading to the Mexican Riviera aboard MV Mercury (11 nights) on 13 February.

>> 2. I also try to book a cruise that is going somewhere that I have never been at least once per year. This year, I booked a cruise to Hawai'i aboard MV Infinity (14 nights) on 22 October. I have been to the fiftieth state only once, and then only to the island of Maui. This cruise vists three additional islands.

You are, of course, most welcome to book a cabin on either or both of these cruises.

BTW, these cruises will be my twentieth and twenty-first (unless I decide to take another cruise this summer, in which case the crusie to Hawai'i will become my twenty-second), and I'm still far from running out of new destinations. Nonetheless, many of the destinations that I have visited in the past are well worth another visit.

Happy cruising!

Norm.