Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2005, 10:44 AM
Beginner

Default CFS or SinglesCruise Liberty 01/15/06

Cruising for Love and Singles Cruise are BOTH on the Liberty 01/15. Which one is better?
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to chetter

It all depends how old you are . They are both excellent Companys
Old September 27th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Beginner

Default Age

To Chetter - please expand on that. "It depends on what age you are". . . ?

Lynn H
Old September 28th, 2005, 11:36 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to chetter

As I said before They are Both Fanstatic Companys . Ann From Cruisingforlove.com does a outstanding Job She puts a lot of effort in her work . Singlescruise.com has been around the longest they are very Popular and also does a outstanding job . I'm not allowed to say anything else due to Cruisemates.com rules and I want to respect that

chetter
Old October 4th, 2005, 05:56 PM
Beginner

Lynn,

If you find out anything more about CFL vs. singlescruise.com, please let me know. I'm considering the same options and need to make a decision fairly quickly before the single cabins sell out.
Old October 4th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Yeoman

I am going to be on that cruise, and, quite frankly, I like both companies. But everyone should remember that they cannot "crash" the singles activities. Each agency will have a schedule for their passengers and there will be i.d. necklaces, bracelets, whatever, to keep the groups separate.

Please be sure to introduce yourself to me as a Cruisemates singles board "poster."
Old October 10th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Passenger

Pat...I will be sure to introduce myself when we get onboard. I have had the pleasure of cruising with both agencies and although I know each group will have their own private events, it will be great to cruise with so many singles. I have no doubt that there will be lots of "bracelet looking" going on...it should be a blast for all!
Old October 31st, 2005, 02:04 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to ArtOpportunity

A couple posts said it depended on what age you were. I'm 40. Which would be more appropriate for me? Thanks. Ron
Old November 4th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Passenger

I'm going to be arriving a day early in Ft. Lauderdale ( 1/14 ) for this cruise and I was wondering if anyone else who was also in town would like to meet for a pre-cruise get together?
Old November 6th, 2005, 02:23 AM
Beginner

Hi Boatdrinks..... and anyone else on the Jan. 15th Singles Cruise,

I 'll also be arriving in Ft. Lauderdale on Jan. 14th for the CFL singles cruise and would like to get together (for a "drink," perhaps?). I was under the impression that there would be a specific hotel we could book to stay with the group but I haven't heard yet which one it is. I imagine we'll know something more in the next several weeks.

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else. I'm sure it will be a great time no matter what group you decide to go with!

Lori 8)
Old November 6th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Passenger

Hi Lori...
Glad to see you are going on this cruise This is my second cruise with CFL and I can't wait to get aboard...I want to go NOW! lol. Ann did mention that she had a hotel that was available for her cruisers but she hasn't provided that info yet. Because I am impatient I decided to book my own hotel on line and I am staying at the Days Inn Bahia Cabana Beach. Hopefully our group will be able to plan a get together...I just don't want to start the cruise with a hangover
Old November 29th, 2005, 10:36 PM
Beginner

Default NEGATIVE for cruisingforlove.com AKA CFL

I relied on a review by Pat Hagan that I researched on Google to help make the decision on whether to go on a singles cruise with CFL.

On Nov. 21, 2005, I and a small group of friends went with CFL on the Carnival Inspiration and were very disappointed. It appears that many of my cruisemates were too, based on the responses set up on their Yahoo website for the group! Several of them, who I am aware of that have since complained when we got back are being harassed by the owner, Ann Rotman, or one of her "employees" for reporting their displeasure. This "company" is totally unprofessional.

Ann Rotman, unfortunately, did not participate on this cruise, or she could have seen for herself the utter disaster the Cruise Coordinater, Gene Sheppard, was, for herself. He basically did not do a tenth of what Ann supposively did on the Alaska cruise that Pat Hagan was on. The people in the group I have talked to and communicated with don't feel he contributed in any way other than occasionally participating in small talk with his girl friend when we were eating or drinking. Some of them did not even realize he was the cruise coordinator, most thought it was only Kathy or Micheal. The only "employee" I feel exceeded her obligation was a woman named Kathy, who is not employed by them, yet filled in at the last minute for an employee who could not participate because of a personal issue. There wasn't anything other than the Speed Dating Game, which Kathy ran, which a person could not figure out or do on their own. I have been on cruises before and have met singles without even trying!

I would write more, but it would turn into a novel of a story. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. I will be happy to give you my feedback and/or names of others who went on THIS cruise, if they will let me release them to you, so you can get more feedback.
Old November 30th, 2005, 10:25 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Hagan Singles Editor
I am going to be on that cruise, and, quite frankly, I like both companies. But everyone should remember that they cannot "crash" the singles activities. Each agency will have a schedule for their passengers and there will be i.d. necklaces, bracelets, whatever, to keep the groups separate.

Please be sure to introduce yourself to me as a Cruisemates singles board "poster."
I have yet to do a cruise until the first of the year, but I would be upset if someone who did not go through SINGLECRUISE or CFL and attend the singles party. It will be interesting how this turns out that BOTH companies will be sharing a ship there my be alot of confuse singles.
Old November 30th, 2005, 07:50 PM
Yeoman

I am so sorry to hear you were unhappy with the coordinators on your recent singles cruise. You should contact the agency with your concerns. I do hope your next singles cruise will be more enjoyable.
Old December 3rd, 2005, 12:18 AM
Beginner

Cruisingforlove, hands down. Ann the owner does a great job with pre-cruise message board, Special activities and very competitive prices.