CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Singles (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/)
-   -   Halloween Singles Cruise Article (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/304340-halloween-singles-cruise-article.html)

Pat Hagan Singles Editor November 22nd, 2005 07:21 AM

Halloween Singles Cruise Article

Hi everyone,

My article about Singlescruise.com's Halloween Singles Cruise onboard Carnival's Glory is now posted on Cruisemates' home page.

Read, enjoy, and have a great Thanksgiving.

Beetlegator November 22nd, 2005 08:49 AM

Great article, especially the part about cabin sharing after reading it only solidify my reason to room solo, not because of finding romance but I value my privacy. I also can understand why the cruiseline wait to give the roommate list out.

After seeing some of the photos make me wish I taken the Halloween cruise but there always next year.

Also was surprise to hear there were more men than women on the cruise.

If you have anymore photo I would LOVE to see them.

toddv November 23rd, 2005 12:17 PM

Thanks for writing and posting the article--it's a good article.

Todd

Mary P November 23rd, 2005 11:36 PM

Great article - and, about older than 40s folks - I am a bit over 50 and traveled with singlescruise.com and Tracie to Alaska this summer and had a blast. Not meeting up the night before, I didn't but went to the first night get together and met some fine folks. You have to just join in on the activities and you can meet people.

I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving.

Mary

seattleguy37 November 26th, 2005 07:19 PM

topat-I used to be skeptical about singles cruises but now I'm considering one in the future.

tobeetlegator-Oh my God, I agree about cabin-sharing and I'm thanking the heavens I paid the single supplement. The article made points I never would have thought about and it brought back nightmares of yesteryear sharing a bedroom with my brother.

Has the cabinshare programs offered by the cruiselines ever worked for anyone? I mean wouldn't everybody be secretly hoping they get the stateroom to themselves making for disappointment before you've even left the dock?

Beetlegator November 28th, 2005 08:06 AM

[quote="seattleguy37"]tobeetlegator-Oh my God, I agree about cabin-sharing and I'm thanking the heavens I paid the single supplement. The article made points I never would have thought about and it brought back nightmares of yesteryear sharing a bedroom with my brother. quote]

If rooming with you brother is bad imagine rooming with a perfect stranger.

You have to click with a roommate instantly and make rules instantly, otherwise you will have alot of surprises during your cruise. The thought of sleeping out on a deck chair because your roommate got lucky makes me very angry. Of all the planning and money you put out before the cruise just to have it ruin because a guy/girl you just met want to have sex. Don't get me wrong, I would feel bad about putting my roommate out if I met someone.

Yes, I would pay the extra supplement for my privacy and freedom to do anything I want with who I want.

Pat Hagan Singles Editor November 28th, 2005 08:25 PM

To answer the question, yes, cabin share does work for a lot of people. Some roomies become good friends, stay in touch after the cruise and even take future cruises together to save on the singles supplement. As I always say, sharing with a stranger is a crap shoot...and sometimes you win. But I had a bad, bad experience once so I'm not willing to gamble.