CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Singles (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/)
-   -   VTG Halloween Mexican Riviera Cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/singles/308845-vtg-halloween-mexican-riviera-cruise.html)

booboo4031 February 12th, 2006 06:08 PM

VTG Halloween Mexican Riviera Cruise

Anyone booked on the Mexican Riviera Halloween Cruise 10/29 yet??

newinHickory February 12th, 2006 09:43 PM

I've been considering it....Many signed up yet?

Beetlegator February 13th, 2006 07:44 AM

Re: VTG Halloween Mexican Riviera Cruise

Boo,

I do plan on booking a Halloween cruise there are so many from the BIG THREE I have to do more research before I decide.

I am leaning toward the Mexican Riviera Cruise, though.

booboo4031 February 13th, 2006 09:51 AM

I don't know how many are signed up yet ... but I did the VTG Halloween cruise last year on the Star Princess and it was great. I know quite a few people are going on the Mexican Riviera cruise from that group. VTG did a great job on the cruise last year so I'm really looking forward to this one.

Beetlegator February 13th, 2006 10:54 AM

Question:

Where there a lot of passengers wearing costumes at the party?

Cruisegirl30 February 23rd, 2006 12:01 PM

4 more

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beetlegator
Question:

Where there a lot of passengers wearing costumes at the party?

I've signed up for this one along with 3 friends from California. I'm curious about the costume question too.

Beetlegator February 23rd, 2006 01:26 PM

Re: 4 more

I have a great costume in mind.

booboo4031 February 23rd, 2006 02:51 PM

Almost everyone in our group had costumes. It turned out that Halloween was on the 1st formal night and a lot of people just went to dinner in their costumes and VTG had a costume party just for us and then in skywalkers there was a ship costume party later in the evening.

Beetlegator February 24th, 2006 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by booboo4031
Almost everyone in our group had costumes. It turned out that Halloween was on the 1st formal night and a lot of people just went to dinner in their costumes and VTG had a costume party just for us and then in skywalkers there was a ship costume party later in the evening.

Oh it must have been . . . interesting.

showcat March 30th, 2006 07:16 PM

Ok Im in just booked the Pride Halloween cruise! Whoopie! I can't wait!

Luci April 1st, 2006 09:49 AM

Hi

I have cruised with VTG on two singles cruises and had a blast!!!

I have already booked also with VTG Singles too. YEAH!!!

You must book early so you can get the cheaper rates. As cruising time gets closer the rates go up because all of the cheaper cabins will be sold out.
You can always cancel in advance and get all your money back. Check with VTG for their deadline date to cancel.

I have already decided to dress up like a Sexy Nurse. I plan to wear a short white uniform with lacy sexy red underwear, white stockings with lace on the thighs, and RED high heels. I am going to look so hot that I will need to take the guys' temperature.lol.

Don't waste time, put your deposit down now guys. I am looking foreward to meeting you all. Lucious Luci

Beetlegator April 3rd, 2006 06:08 AM

Re: Hi

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luci
I have already decided to dress up like a Sexy Nurse. I plan to wear a short white uniform with lacy sexy red underwear, white stockings with lace on the thighs, and RED high heels. I am going to look so hot that I will need to take the guys' temperature.lol.

Don't waste time, put your deposit down now guys. I am looking foreward to meeting you all. Lucious Luci

Sounds like this will be an interesting cruise . . . sorry I will miss this one.

showcat April 6th, 2006 05:53 AM

We will expect a full report on the Pride since you will be cruising it first Bettlegator! I want to hear all about The Cruising for Love trip! They should add a special section of reader reviews just for singles cruises don't you think?

Beetlegator April 6th, 2006 07:48 AM

Showcat, may cruise is all paid up and putting the finishing touches on my hotels (before and after the cruise). I feel comfortable with Cruisemates now to give you a realistic single male point of view with not sugar-coating. I will give both the good and the bad of the adventure of course names will be changed to protect the innocent, LOL.

I really had my heart set on going on the Halloween cruise in October but the cruise weeks before is too good to pass up for a single male. I have been on wild parties like this on land but on sea it might be interesting. I this cruise I will NOT give a trip report, LOL.

showcat April 10th, 2006 12:47 AM

Im confused are you going on a Halloween cruise also? My friend in FL was thinking of booking Cruising for Loves Halloween cruise, also a nice choice; but us gals convinced her to book the Pride instead. Luci and I will be axiously awaiting your report on the Pride since we intend to be cruise Godesses on this ship! Right Luci? :wink:

Beetlegator April 10th, 2006 07:00 AM

Sorry Showcat, I should have made myself more clearer. I will NOT be going on the Halloween cruise on the Pride in October, but I hope you girls will have fun.

blondeanddanish April 29th, 2006 05:07 PM

I did it. I just signed up for the Halloween cruise on the Carnival Pride. I'm very much looking forward to it. Hopefully, I can meet some others via this message board who are also going.

Luci April 29th, 2006 06:50 PM

It's me, Luci again.... I had heard that Carnival Pride was a great ship to cruise on so I contacted Ms. Kari Lee who is the manager of the VTG Hosted Singles and asked her if she could set-up a cruise for us singles on the Carnival Pride. Kari Lee made my dream come true in setting up the Oct.29th cruise just for us singles.
I am really excited in cruising on the Carnival Pride with a singles group.
I was able to talk to the East coast cruisers to cruise on this ship. I live in Los Angeles, California. Jet Blue flies into Long Beach airport where the cruise ship is located near the Queen Mary. Plus, the pre-cruise VTG party will be located in Long Beach. You should try to fly in one day in advance if you want to join us at the VTG pre-cruise party.
There are some hotels that have free shuttles to the ship.
When we get our own yahoo website for our cruisers I will post more info. on what hotels to stay at and what shuttles to take, what to pack, etc.
East coast singles should fly in one day early so you can rest and party before we get on the ship. Luci

blondeanddanish April 29th, 2006 09:40 PM

Well, I'm certainly glad I read this post. I was going to book air fare on my own into Los Angeles since I saw it on the VTG site. It appears that I should book air fare to Long Beach instead? Now I know what the quote from VTG was significantly higher than any flights I had found. Thanks Luci.

showcat May 1st, 2006 03:52 AM

Welcome aboard our singles cruise! This will be my 3rd singles cruise and my 2nd with Vacations to Go. I think you will be very pleased with this company they are professional and offer a variety of fun activitys to choose from. We already have around 70 people signed up, that number is growing each week. We had 140 for our December cruise and that was not a Holiday cruise. Romeo can answer any questions you have at Vacations to Go.

LAX is much farther from the port then Long Beach airport, so what you would save in airfare you would spend in transportation and less time seeing the sights. I already know 7 people signed up from other cruises. I plan to spend a few days pre and post cruise seeing the sights. I am going to see the Queen Mary ship for sure, she has several tours to choose from. I also would like to spend a day at Disneyland and found a tour company that provides transportation from Long Beach. As well as one that does tours of LA/Hollywood stars. I found out the hard way flying in the day of the cruise is too tireing. So if you can get a few more days off you can relax and enjoy some of California. 8)

Beetlegator May 1st, 2006 06:33 AM

Though I have not sail on this cruise yet I have booked on the Queen Mary which right next to the port terminal. If you are looking for a pre-cruise hotel and don't want to pay for a shuttle to the terminal you might want to check this hotel out.

travelmania May 15th, 2006 01:28 AM

While I have been on a number of cruises - including on on the Carnival Pride in 2002 to the Mexican Riviera - most of my cruises have been either solo or with a friend. And now I am booked on the Halloween cruise in Oct. My first on a "singles" cruise. I don't know what to expect. A few questions:
1. I ahve got a singles rate but do VTG find a cabinmate or doo I get the cabin all to myself?
2. What age groups go on these "singles" cruises? Do they range from the 20s to the 60s or are they concentrated in a particulat age group?
3. Is a costume absolutely essential? The weirder the better? Or just a little off-beat?
4. Anybody going from California or Nevada?
5. How many singles generally go on these cruises? Surely not enough to fill the ship's capacity? So, most will be the "regular" couples and families.

I intend to have a good time regardless. Still, there are the first-time jitters!

So. Any info on singles cruises will be appreciated.

TIA

showcat May 15th, 2006 02:18 AM

Vacations to go will find you a same sex roommate. If you have a same sex friend book you can request them as your roommate.

The group should be large there were 70 people signed up last month and we have many months to go. I think the number will end up between 150-200 possibly more. If the group is huge it might be hard to meet everyone but like minds seem to attract. There will be lots of group activitys and each night at dinner you can switch your table to meet new people except the first night when it's assigned.

I have no idea about the costumes cause this is my first Halloween cruise.
I imagine the more creative the better. But something easy to pack would be a plus.

The ages should range from 20-70 with majority in the middle. 30's, 40's.

I am going with girlfriends I met on two other singles cruises. So it's a great way to make friends and future travel partners!

You can call Romeo at Vacations to go with any more questions, he gives lots of info. Do buy travel insurance just in case you need to cancel for a medical reason or family emergency.

Most of the singles should be from the west coast since I usually go out of Ft Lauderdale Im excited to spend a few days in California pre and post cruise and meet more people from the west coast.

travelmania May 22nd, 2006 12:35 AM

Thank you, showcat for your informative response.
Hope to see you on the Pride in Oct.

showcat May 22nd, 2006 03:03 AM

Your welcome, hope you have a good time and make lots of friends!