Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to dj_smurf Send a message via Yahoo to dj_smurf
Default Nervous first time single cruiser

Hi all, I have been reading for hours on the internet about cruises and cruising single. I have my first cruise on carnival comming up March 16, 2006 im very excited yet very worried and nervous at the same time as this will be my first solo vacation. All arrangments made through my very excellent travel agent, what i have been wondering is. I booked my flight through cravinal, and wanted to know how smooth this seemed to go for other cruisers. Any input to help would be more that appricated.

Tyler
21, Ohio
Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2006, 11:01 PM
Admiral

Default prime the pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_smurf
Hi all, I have been reading for hours on the internet about cruises and cruising single. I have my first cruise on carnival comming up March 16, 2006 im very excited yet very worried and nervous at the same time as this will be my first solo vacation. All arrangments made through my very excellent travel agent, what i have been wondering is. I booked my flight through cravinal, and wanted to know how smooth this seemed to go for other cruisers. Any input to help would be more that appricated.

Tyler
21, Ohio
You should have the time of your life.No need to be nervous ! Just about everybody on cruises is friendly and if you make the least effort you should rarely be lonely in a crowd. as a solo traveler on 5 cruises, I did feel the need to find my more extroverted side in order to make friends. At least it helps for a naturally shy introvert such as myself to prime the pump, so to speak. HAVE FUN !!

Read and post cruise reviews

/ticker.png">
Old February 17th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Yeoman

Please go to Cruisemates singles section and read all the articles there on singles cruising. I am sure you will find many valuable tips, and if you have a specific question or concern, please email me, and I will try to help.

Have a wonderful cruise.
Old February 18th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Passenger

wow, thats alot of reading but a very excellent tip. I take it that alot of pp are stressed before their first cruise. I do actually have alot of questions the big one where 2 start i guess. I still have some time, sailing march 16. I do know my cabin is TBA because of the possible changes of which deck its going to be on, im not really concerned where im at on the boat but has this ever caused any problems for cruisers?
Old February 19th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_smurf
wow, thats alot of reading but a very excellent tip. I take it that alot of pp are stressed before their first cruise. I do actually have alot of questions the big one where 2 start i guess. I still have some time, sailing march 16. I do know my cabin is TBA because of the possible changes of which deck its going to be on, im not really concerned where im at on the boat but has this ever caused any problems for cruisers?
being nervous is all part of the fun.
It was wise to book your cabin TBA since you will LIKELY get a better room than what you paid for. That's how it always worked for me. I always book the cheapest rate then hope to get an upgrade. Out of 5 cruises I have been in an outside room 4 times with the last time being a veranda. Tuesday I leave on a ship and payed for catagory 1a(cheapest). The ship has only 5 cat. 1a rooms out of 1062 rooms. Odds are I'll NOT be in a cat 1a room.

/ticker.png">
Old February 22nd, 2006, 06:24 PM
Passenger

thats good to know, i was kinda of worried about the tba cabin, but that helps Thank you very much Pat and Thoth.

I have actually calmed down alot over the last few days, still very excited though, I have been trying to figure out the whole drink coupon deal but really havent had any luck with that. what is the up side to buying them, or the down side.
Old February 24th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Yeoman

The upside to the drink card is you save money if you drink lots of soda, etc. The down side is if you don't. Then you waste your money.