Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Singles
Register Forgot Password?

Singles Talk to other single cruisers about cruising in groups or cruising solo.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2006, 06:48 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival Legend 1/27/07 Female roomie needed, nonsmoking

Group of friends are getting together for this cruise. I need a female roomie, non smoking, non snoring, to share a balcony cabin. Some one considerate and easy to get along with. You can party with us or do your own thing. Best age range would be late 20's to early 50's.
Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Passenger

Hi, you forgot to mention if you are a heavy drinker and make a lot of noise late at night when you get back to the cabin. Do you take late night showers and blow dry your hair? You did say you plan to party a lot. What is your favorite drink? Do you have to have the t.v. on while you are in the cabin?
Do you snore? Do you have any medical problems?
Old April 14th, 2006, 07:22 PM
First Mate

Ok, heavy drinker, no. Always try to be considerate when my roomie is sleeping. No late night showers and don't blow dry my hair. Usually shower before dinner. I party when there is a party, I drink coconut rum, beer or the drink special. TV is on when I want to watch it and my roomie is ok with it. Do I snore?, sometimes, not loudly. I am allergic to smoke, so if I am congested from being at a bar with smoke, then I tend to snore lightly. Has not disturbed anyone. Medical problems, read my profile. Nothing major foot surgery and back problems. I workout at the gym regularly and am a very active person. Did I answer all the proper questions?
Old April 15th, 2006, 03:51 AM
Admiral

Just had to put my two cents in about the late night showering. That's me and I do it because of smoke allergies.
If you wash your hair before bed you will find you sleep much better as you have removed the allergins in your hair, and skin. My doctor tells me to do this.

It's one area I won't compromise on cause I can't sleep with a wet head. Unfortuantly there is only one outlet in a cabin so blow drying is done in the vanity area. I did manage to strech the cord as far as I could in the bathroom and it only takes about 5-10 minutes to dry.

By the way smile are you female? what is your age and do you ever book singles cruises? Lucy and I are on the Pride with Vacations to Go singles, with a group of other ladies we know,as well as a bunch of males and females we have not yet met. So if you get in on this cruise you might meet your future cabin mate.

I have taken one singles cruise with a stranger and now I have taken a second singles cruise with a girl I met on the first ,and now I booked my 3rd with another girl I met on the first trip, so it's a great way to meet travel chums of the same sex.Just an idea.

Better to meet someone face to face if possible. Some people on line can put up a pretty good front and when you met them in person they are totally different then they portray themselves to be. I learned this the hard way from the pre cruise chat room I was on, before meeting people face to face on my last cruise. You should also post the price of your cruise and what kind of cabin you want. Good luck in your search.
Carnival Pride October 2006 (Mexican Rivera)
Carnival Legend 2007 (Western Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2009 Western Caribbean
Carnival Liberty 2011 Eastern Caribbean
Norwegian Spirit 2011 Western Caribbean
Carnival Miracle 2012 Southern Caribbean
Carnival Breeze 2013 Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Valor 2014 Southern Caribbean
Old April 15th, 2006, 02:22 PM
First Mate

Ok, heavy drinker, no. Always try to be considerate when my roomie is sleeping. No late night showers and don't blow dry my hair. Usually shower before dinner. I party when there is a party, I drink coconut rum, beer or the drink special. TV is on when I want to watch it and my roomie is ok with it. Do I snore?, sometimes, not loudly. I am allergic to smoke, so if I am congested from being at a bar with smoke, then I tend to snore lightly. Has not disturbed anyone. Medical problems, read my profile. Nothing major foot surgery and back problems. I workout at the gym regularly and am a very active person. Did I answer all the proper questions?
Old April 15th, 2006, 02:32 PM
First Mate

Ok, my post went up 2x. I want a balcony and the cost is about $1000 for 8 nights. Yes, I am female. No, I never go on single cruises. I thought they were more pick up cruises. I am happy single and didn't want to ruin a cruise by being hit on. My past friends that I have met online and then in person, who I love dearly, can't take this cruise. The date just won't work. So I hope that one of the other couples can find another single for me, but I can't just wait and see. Thanks for the comments on the smoking thing, I am just lazy, when I am tired I go to bed.
Old April 15th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Passenger

Hi Carol, how are you? I just wanted Smile to get an idea of what type of roomie she may get. Most ships have their blow driers in the bathroom.
I hope I didn't offend you because I didn't mean to do that. There is nothing wrong in taking a shower late at night and blow drying your hair.
There are some roomie's who don't want the t.v. on at all when we are together. I have had that experience. Then there are some people that have to have the t.v. on the minute they get to their cabin. That's me.
Remember the alcoholic roomies from hell who made it ughly for their roomies? Then there was that lady that was mentally ill and talked to herself. So these are some of the things you have to watch out for in choosing a roomie.
My flaws.... bringing guys to the cabin. JUST KIDDING!!! Luci

P.S. Hey Smile, lets do some girl-talk and have fun talking. What would you say if your stranger roomie wants to bring a guy to the cabin?
What if she uses your towels and doesn't know better? You must set the rules of towels. You also have to compromise on storage space. Luci
Old April 15th, 2006, 05:56 PM
First Mate

Default Thanks

Thanks for the advice. Using my towel?? Gross. Mentally, drunks, oh no!!! Guys back, well in their bed and out of my stuff!! So kind of rule, so I would know. See I wouldn't be bringing anyone back for a romantic thing. We do have a cabin crawl, were we drink from cabin to cabin, oh my so much fun! Any info would be great.
Old April 15th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Passenger

Hi Smile, it looks like you are getting the picture of what can happen between roomies. I hope you find a nice roomie who likes to do the cabin crawl too. Luci
Old April 17th, 2006, 04:40 AM
Admiral

Hi Luci and Smile,
No I was not offended about the blow drying thing I just defended why I do it, (medical reason)

Smile, I have been on 2 singles cruises, I have gotten hit on plenty of time, and yes some of the guys are pigs. Some were very nice guys who I was just not interested in. On my first singles cruise I had a girl friend put word out to the group I was not interested in anyone from the group. The guys looked elsewhere for romance. I then found someone I was interested in who was not part of the group. Im very picky.

The last cruise I really was not interested in being a booty call ,which is what many men seemed to be looking for so I didn't get romantically involved. No problem. If a guy see's he gets no where with you he will usually move on to to try his luck elsewhere.I still hung out with two good looking guys it was stictly platonic.

Besides you would have other gal's like Lucs i and me who would put word out that your not looking to meet guys or hook up,and that your cruising only for fun and friendships not romance! Honesty the best part of my singles cruising has been the friendships I've formed with other females, so perhaps one day we will meet you at sea if you ever try another singles cruise.

I would consider a normal cruise (non singles) but I do perfer the fun of a large group and at least the possiblility that someone special might be met. I won't let people Im not interested in waste my time or theirs. There is also a web site called Travel chums you might want to join to meet more potential travel mates. Good luck.
Old April 17th, 2006, 06:19 AM
Passenger

Hi Carol and Smile. I will be leaving for Toronto, Canada to visit my friend Jag. I leave April 18th and return April 25th. I will try to stay in touch by computer whenever I can.

Hey Smile, I met a Canadian gentleman on my last Singles cruise. We have been talking on the phone everyday since we got back home. I only pay $5.99 per month for the international phone calls. I have already seen him a second time in person and now I will be spending a week with him 24/7. I will really get to know him and see if we are truly compatiable. We both want to cruise together as roomies. Our first cruise is planned for Sept.16th. I am hoping it works out between us because it is very hard to find a roomie who loves to cruise as much as possible like I do. I am a cruise addict. I love to cruise. I am a mature gal that is free to travel because I am retired and can travel any time I see a great deal. Luci
Old April 17th, 2006, 07:44 AM
First Mate

Wow Showcat, there must have been slim pickens on that particular cruise and I understand why you put the word out. For you to do such a thing I would assume that you where probably one of few "hot looking" women on the ship and the men were constantly making offers to you the first few days. I guess either the "nice guys" wasn't that attractive or the "good looking" men was acting like big jerks.

My first cruise which was a New Years cruise I wasn't happy with the selection of single women and I mostly keep to myself and enjoyed my vacation which I believe everyone else try to do. I wasn't looking for any booty calls on that cruise and the one I will be on in May because if I was I will be very dissappointed. I would suggest both male and female do not raise any expectations but to enjoy the adventure of cruising.

I believe when the ship is at sea which is usually the first one or two days that is when the men (and some women) are more agressive to hook up. Being at sea there is few places to hide yourself before you will constantly bumping into each other.

Even if I was interested in "hooking up" I do not see myself fighting over an attractive woman with 3 or more men vieing for her affections and women will tell each other which men are jerks and to avoid them.

At the end of the recent cruise I been on everyone wanted to exchange phone numbers which I past on since it was a very short cruise and I really didn't know anyone that well to continue to talk. If I meet them on other cruises then that's another story.

In the meanwhile I am having fun planning and enjoying cruising.
Old April 17th, 2006, 12:16 PM
First Mate

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the information. I had already posted on travelchums. As far as the single cruise, maybe I will try it. I thought the entire ship was single, not just a group. My first cruise I put a fake ring on my hand, just hoping no one would bother me. Second cruise, met someone the first day, by the end of day 5 he ran the other way. Let me explain, he was 41 and never married, well not to a woman, his job. When he started having feelings it scared him. Like there was going to be anything after, not, it was just someone to hang out with during the cruise. Anyway, that upset me and disrupted my cruise. So third cruise swore men off, met a great lady to hang out with. A week into the cruise, I saw someone I never saw on the ship before, I had been drinking and made a loud comment while on the dance floor, mind you he was just passing through the bar. He grabbed my hand, we danced and chatted until the wee hours. Asked him to join my table for the last 2 dinners, we saw shows and partied all night the last night. He was working for a company hired by the ship, so he was working most of the time. We still talk, had a great time and will remain friends. He was eye candy!! So I have found it best to hang with ladies or couples, not saying sitting on deck watching the sunset with someone's arm's wrapped around you wasn't nice! So I still need a cabinmate any takers??
Old April 18th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Admiral

Hi everyone,
Yup my first singles cruise only 40 of us about equal split between men and women. Only 2 guy in the group were mildly attractive but still not my type. One dated my very pretty blonde friend who will be my cabin mate on my next cruise, the other was a sex addict pig who slept with 7 women in 8 days rumour has it...

2nd singles cruise 140 total even split men and women. 2 guys I thought were hot. Ok I played kissey face with one on deck, then met guy number 2 later who was not in our group, both showed up at the Disco to meet me, at the same time and noticed each other. Opps so I sort of blew it. Guy number one was a commitment phobe, guy number two was great at first, but then started making all sorts of sexual remarks towards me which turned me off totally. He got a booty call girl on the ship and then wasn't interested as his needs were being met elsewhere.

So I actually met someone on cruise number one but he worked on the ship so that had nothing to do with the singles group.

Smile, If I could afford another cruise this year, I might take you up on the offer but I can't at this time.Im still trying to pay off the Pride. In the future you can always book a singles cruise and invite your married or coupled friends, cause most of the ship is not part of the group, this way you would have a cabin mate assigned, meet future ones, and still have the chance to maybe meet a guy you like. If not you have your own group outside the group to hang out with get it? They would just book the same ship on the same dates but book normally while you could book with the singles agency.

Cruising for Love has a great price on their Labor day cruise, which is only 5 days might make for a nice starter singles cruise, to see if you like it.
Old April 18th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Yeoman

Someone posted here that sea days are the best time to hook up with other singles on organized singles cruises. Well, that's true, but remember to check with the excursion desk as to which tour has the most singles. I have met lots of solo cruisers that way.
Old April 18th, 2006, 02:15 PM
First Mate

Hi Pat,

I mention in my post that sea days are great days to meet singles. The though has occurred to me about excurision but I assume the desk doesn't give out that information.

I have been contacted by some ladies for the Pride cruise next month but I will have a "wait and see" if I do one of the cruise excurisions.
Old April 20th, 2006, 12:24 AM
First Mate

Default Thanks

Wow lots of good info. Still I need someone to split the costs. Any takers?
Old April 20th, 2006, 11:07 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Thanks

Smile, you shouldn't have any problem with finding a female roommate since your travel isn't until next year.
Old April 20th, 2006, 09:54 PM
First Mate

I really hope so. I won't book until I do. I haven't really had any hits, but still hoping someone in the group will have the same siuation and be my roomie. Worst case is I am doing an Alaskan cruise 7/07 and my friend's kids will be my roomies.
Old July 4th, 2006, 12:11 PM
First Mate

Default Still looking

In this big huge world of the internet there must be someone you can take this cruise and get along with me for 8 nights??!! If you are interested just post.
Old July 15th, 2006, 05:23 PM
First Mate

Default No thanks

Well, looks like I am going to cruise the week before, so no roomie needed here.